OTA Wants - Feature requests

Would be great if we can get to read a summary of what was discussed in the Bengaluru owner’s meet.

6 Likes

It would be great if geo-fencing option is included & also sync the navigation with google maps to get the live traffic updates on the routes we take.

2 Likes

Live traffic updates - it’s in pipeline for future OTA, also depends on as and when Google exposes this information thru the APIs.

Geofencing: This will be a nifty feature to have, at least to boast about. :slight_smile: Experts like @rajeshkav can explain if the current hardware is capable of Geofencing…

3 Likes

Yeah…Obviously google wont expose the information through API calls free of cost, until unless they are approached with a price based contract. Even if it includes cost & Ather can get it included in the final price of vehicle, I think all users would love to have.

Feature to find out when regen is engaged and the % or strength of regen will be helpful

1 Like

Ather conveyed that they will do it in near future and they are in touch. I guess money was not a blocker. It’s only about “when”.

1 Like

Traffic Layer is already available https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/trafficlayer?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=FY18-Q2-global-demandgen-paidsearchonnetworkhouseads-cs-maps_contactsal_saf&utm_content=text-ad-none-none-DEV_m-CRE_342710847243-ADGP_Hybrid+|+AW+SEM+|+SKWS+~+Traffic+Layer-KWID_43700042841957420-kwd-301485309282-userloc_9061993&utm_term=KW_%2Btraffic%20%2Bapi-ST_%2Btraffic+%2Bapi&. It’s just about time that Ather implements it

9 Likes

Can someone clarify my doubt pls?

When the maps shows Expected time to reach Destination, I assume it includes the Traffic conditions.

So, until we reach the destination, when it refreshes the time remaining, apart from the distance covered, does it also consider the recent traffic update as well?

Or, does it consider only the distance covered vs distance remaining?

Before I start the navigation I usually first check it on the Google Maps app on my phone and then I set navigation on Ather, the time shown on the dashboard is usually the same as the one shown on Google Maps. While Ather Navigation doesn’t show the traffic layer but I feel the time shown does consider the traffic conditions. Eg. I checked navigation from my home to Ather Space on Google Maps as well as Ather Navigation, it shows the same time which is 25-27 minutes

My understanding is same: but while you are in transit, does it refresh the timing based on traffic condition, like how Google maps does.

The time does change, noticed it yesterday but once you select the route it doesn’t change

My requests are as follows

1. Automatic brightness adjustment on the screen, as the screen takes up battery power I prefer keeping it in a low setting and at the same time we need brightness while navigating, so auto increasing of the brightness while navigating would be really helpful.

2. While navigating far distances I tend to miss out on important turns so a slight sound notification to remind taking turns would be convenient as looking at the screen while riding is dangerous.

3. Tight parking spaces in Bangalore it would be nice to have a central stand as Ather tends to lean a lot and I don’t want my vehicle being scratched by others in the parking lot.

4. Releasing the accelerator to shift between modes is a bit inconvenient during riding in traffic rather shifting it while riding the software can remember the selection and later change automatically when the rider releases the accelerator.

5. Since navigation is powered by Google maps there can be a way where the favorite places already saved to my google account can be listed in the vehicles’ favorite places already.

6. Traffic status in maps

7. hazard light option during park assist ( with the facility to turn it on or off )

8. customizable Low battery mode to reduces screen brightness, indicator buzzer on/off, turn off data while not using the navigation, less animation on the screen saves battery.

1 Like

I dont think they can send out an OTA for this.

A hazard light would actually be quite helpful.

That would be true on our phones but when we’re talking about a scooter the battery consumption got animation and other small things barely make ANY difference.

4 Likes

I agree. This is a must have. I felt this during my test ride. I missed many turns. I am sure a sound notification around 200 meters before a turn is sufficient enough to remind us to look at the screen and understand the change indirection. But, if the screen is lagging behind, even this won’t help much.

5 Likes

I think this is fine the way it is. If you are going 65+ in sport mode and want to shift to Ride Mode, you don’t want a sudden loss or reduction of power. That will cause an accident. Same thing with the opposite.

If you have been riding in one particular mode eg. Ride Mode, note that the throttle output is reduced, so it’ll take about a second of getting used to, when you switch to Sport Mode. So you cannot squeeze the throttle the same way you did in Ride Mode. That will again lead to an accident.

You can actually just ride in Sport mode all the time.

7 Likes

Yes I agree with you
What I was saying in the above comment is that
It can remember the selection when its changed from any mode to any mode and later change when the accelerator is released by the rider

1 Like

Sorry, I misread this. I suppose it should be fine in traffic. But I assume it could still be an issue if you’re cruising at a certain speed on a highway. I may not remember that I switched it to another mode, a minute later.

oops …!!

Any one else feels the need for these options on turn indicator, please like to vote up.

1. Option to toggle Auto Turn off indicator
  2. Current duration (I think 5 seconds) is too too short. Because it requires engaging the indicator switch at least twice during signals where vehicular movement is slow and turn can’t be completed in short time. Please increase to 15 seconds.
5 Likes

I don’t think there’s a 5 second auto turnoff. It’s based on GPS sensing you made the turn.