On Road Experience

Hi Abhishek, thanks for the posts. The software in bike does not retain the trip data if the bike is turned off?

2 Likes

No it does not, unless the scooter is turned on again within 10 minutes I think. But it will probably retain the data with a future software update.

2 Likes

it does retain sometimes and at times it won’t

may be there is some time limit of may be it should be connected to network

but definitely when you shutdown vehicle for a while may be 1hr and start the vehicle it is reset

also when you rest vehicle this will rest the trip

at that time i didn’t bother to check what is the exact reason as i was already informed there is a fix coming in the update!

3 Likes

The trip data will be shown if it’s switched on back in less than 7 or 10 minutes. This is my experience.

1 Like

2 Likes

Is Nitrogen air better than normal for our flight tyres? @Ather.Team @Shreyas please suggest.

1 Like

Short answer - It does not matter especially for the bike which would run a short sprint and at city speed

Yes. Nitrogen(dry nitrogen) is ideal for tubeless tyres that we have on the 450. It is less likely to escape through the tyre rubber when compared to oxygen and exhibits low pressure changes with temperature fluctuations. This helps with better range and reduces tyre maintenance costs.

1 Like

thanks @samitbanerji for sharing your knowledge/expertise. I was considering to refill with Nitrogen and now am surely doing this. :slight_smile:

P.S: we will do everything possible to increase the range :wink:

1 Like

Nitrogen is better than normal air for the 450, just like any other vehicle, as pointed out by @samitbanerji.

However, it is not mandatory.

4 Likes

For normal day to day riding in city, it doesn’t affect much. At best, the tyre pressure loss would be slow. Nitrogen filling is more beneficial for heavy vehicles (trucks, buses, mining industry) and high speed (read racing) applications. But don’t take my word for it, here’s an excerpt from Continental tyres website.
More than filling nitrogen, what is important that you regularly check and maintain the right tyre pressure.

" Is Nitrogen Right For Me?

For normal everyday consumer tire service applications, nitrogen tire inflation is not required.

However, nitrogen tire inflation does not harm tires and may marginally contribute to reductions in tire inflation loss by permeation. Nevertheless, nitrogen will not prevent any tire inflation loss caused by punctures, tire/rim interface (bead) leaks, valve leaks, valve/rim interface leaks, wheel leaks, and other mechanical leaks. Again, the use of nitrogen alone does not substitute for the importance of regularly checking tire inflation pressure. If the tire inflation pressure is below the pressure specified on the vehicle placard, the tire must be re-inflated – whether with air or nitrogen – to the proper inflation pressure. Do not operate tires underinflated and/or overloaded (see your vehicle owner’s manual for tire inflation and max load recommendations)."

You can read the complete article at https://www.continentaltire.com/news/nitrogen-vs-air-what-right-my-tire

2 Likes

thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Hi All,

Took the delivery of the bike on March 7th. First thing that hits you is the silence when you start the bike. Only way to know it is on is when you see the Green color “MOTOR ON” on you dash board. First ride experience was extremely satisfying.

The distance was about 13 KM from Indiranagar to Seshadripuram. The attention that you get on the road is crazy people which bike is it, company name, Why is it so expensive, how much time do you need to charge it, what is the mileage that you get per charge.

So, talking about the ride quality and power and braking.

Ride quality

The suspension is good. It handles the bumps and pot holes well. Even with a Pelion rider the ride quality was good.

Power

Every time I accelerate there is a huge smile on my face. The acceleration from 0-50 is effortless and I have even tried to see what the top speed was on the on a straight stretch. Reached up to 90Km/ph. The power output is linear, the initial pick up is because of the torque is fantastic.

Braking

Both the disks work great and stopping is good. Rear brake has a lot more bite than the front. Applying it together stops the bike where you need to stop.

Ergonomics

I am 5’6” and I can keep both my foot on the floor with ease and seat is well cushioned one does not feel the pain in the butt when sitting for a long distance.

The dash board is easily visible while riding when the maps are ON. But the switches are not like in other bikes, but it is only in time once you get used to it then no issues at all.

Pro’s

• Handling of the bike it is very nimble to move around in Bangalore traffic.
  • Power delivery is linear.
  • Braking is good.
  • Ergonomics of the bike is fantastic.
  • Dashboard is informational and useful.
  • Google maps and rerouting when you change the route works well.

Con’s

Please work on the mirror visibility. The design of the mirrors is good but of no use at all. Only thing that is visible is me and nothing behind me.

Questions to @Ather.Team and @Shreyas

• I am getting a weird sound when I apply the rear brake. Who can help me on the same?
  • And when I go over the speed breaker I feel a jerk from the rear as if there is something that is moving.
  • Also, the initial acceleration gives a different sound than the later one?
  • I was told that there will be an auto cutoff once the battery is full, but I saw that the light was glowing even after the bike was fully charged?

As the bike is full white and is prone to scratches. I have got the whole thing wrapped with 3M transparent wrap. Will share my experience and pics in the next post.

12 Likes

Great… How much did it cost for 3M?

2 Likes

Getting the Ather Wrapped

As the bike is completely white and the parking spaces are cramped dint want white beauty to be wearing scars on her.

So, did some research on the same and found that nano coating will not help. The only way is to get the whole bike wrapped with the 3M film.

Place where I got it done was - CAR CRAZE Number Plates Car Seat Covers Sun Control Films 3m Paint Protection Film Car Painting

Address - Address: 41, 24th Main Rd, 5th Phase, Annaiah Reddy Layout, J P Nagar Phase 5, JP Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078

Cost – 5600 for the whole bike.

Time taken – they started at 11 in the morning and did the finishing touch at 4 PM. It is really time consuming and lot of patients and effort is required.

Sharing some pics and videos of the same.

10 Likes

Though it looks expensive, if it can withstand scratches it’s worth

1 Like

Yes it is worth, He gave me a demo with a screwdriver by scratching it. Did not have any scratches on the bike.

3 Likes

Good. It should not be like Corning Gorilla Glass. It’ll be strong when they show against knife, hammer all sort of things but it will get scratches when kept in pant pockets with keychain and small dust :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@kumaranchal,
Did you thought of applying 3M film to your vehicle dashboard? Looks like it is scratch resistance.

1 Like

Hi Akhil,
What is the cost per square feet

1 Like