New Ather Subscription plans - Connect & Service

They do give an option to change the plans.

1 Like

Hey @abhishek.balaji there seems to be an issue with subscription. On Jan 11th I bought a service pro plan for a quarter.

But my dash says that my plan is expiring on March 10th I already got a service done. The payment was completed. But a few days ago it went back to pending for some reason :confused: I had an issue with my scooter and your team is also saying that I don’t have a service plan.

This has been fixed, looks like you had started off on quarterly, then tried to upgrade to annual, but changed back to quarterly later on. You were on an annual plan for some days, hence the amount due, this has been reset in your case. Should reflect correctly now.

Oh yes thank you

I was only attempting to check the price :sweat_smile:

So even if you’re not on a connect pack. Ather gets my ODO reading from my scooter to display it to me on the website under my account. I don’t even have to have a service plan and yet it’s right there.

You never did get back to me about this, been 4 months :sweat_smile:

Regarding this

Ather collects data even if Connect is not present. A few in the forum has reported this in various topics here.

Ya just wanna see where they offically stand on the matter :sweat_smile:

hey did they resolve it for you?

1 Like

I am unable to subscribe to any ather subscription plans, I have been trying the same for past couple of months, Even called contacted customer care last jan, they told try in desktop browser, But nothing works.

, Contacting customer care from yesterday through phone, it goes on hold for more than 20 minutes, Well i am not sure what to do now. My service has been due for past one week as i had touched 10000 kms, Unable to subscribe to any new plans,

Never anticipated these kinds of website bugs from ather or is it the way to make customer pay on the go service.

1 Like

Try raising a ticket via the app and explain your concerns and request a callback. It usually works for me.

I can confirm it as well. I did not have any subscription for 2-3 months. On Sunday, when renewed my subscription, I did not expect to see statistics for old rides. But, surprised to see all the rides.

Two possibilities:

1. The data was there in the scooter. It pushed to cloud as soon as subscription became active. OR
  2. The data was pushed to cloud even when the subscription was inactive. But, started showing in the app once the subscription became active.

I am not sure which one is true.

1 Like

I Can confirm that this is true.
Our scooters are connected and send data to the cloud, irrespective of the connect plan we are on. The connect plan only changes our access to the data.

2 Likes

Can Connect & Service have its own tenure?

Example - 1st April - I renew my Connect subscription. Let’s say, expecting to use a service, if I opt for Service subscription on 1st May, will both end on its own timeline (end of June for Connect and end of July for Service)?

1 Like

That is right. It’s 90 days from payment date.

1 Like

No use, I have sent a mail already 2 days back, I am getting same response from them stating 'Our team is looking into the issue, Please wait for 24 to 48 hours, which was the same response i got couple of months back, Not sure what’s happening, Is it happening only for me?.

Does ather cost extra for parts replaced during the service like brake pads etc if we have service pro subscription or they do it for free.? And just imagine the motor is ruined. Do they replace it for free if I have the subscription plan? Since I don’t run 5000kms in a year can I buy the subscription plan just a month earlier before giving it to service or so? Which would be cheaper for me ? Buying a subscription plan or not buying it?

Consumables like brake pads, fluid etc are covered, no extra charges if you’re on a Service plan.

Motor, battery and other vehicle components are covered under warranty for 3 years, and insurance in case of accidental damage. Service plans will make it more convenient for you to get the repairs done.

Sure, but the point of a service subscription is predictability in your periodic maintenance costs and convenience in terms of pickup/drop etc. If you’re looking to do just one periodic servicing, it might work out cheaper to not opt for a plan, and just pay as you go: https://bs-prod-frontpage-media-kit.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com/Pay+Per+Service.pdf

4 Likes

Nothing in this world is free my friend :slight_smile: Ather covers the price of consumables and doesn’t charge for replacement if you’re on a subscription plan because you’ve already paid for it by buying that subscription plan.

Motor and such components will be replaced under warranty for 3 yrs and there again warranty is part of the vehicle pricing.

5 Likes

By “free” I ment to ask if it is covered under subscription plan.

2 Likes

HI, I was planning to replace by old Suzuki access 125 and was thinking about ather450x Since Bangalore has many charging points and the installation is free as per the video. I was started researching about it in detail.

But all these subscription things are making me go crazy. it looks eerily similar to how EA games became Worst Company in America by aggressive monetary systems

1. Every car released in India is connected, no one charges a subscription plan for it (KIA /HYUNDAI 3 years)

2. All update are always free or done through either the app or during service.

3. Navigation is ALWAYS FREE irrespective of subscription with wireless Android auto or Apple car play or via Bluetooth

4. Even without android auto they have static navigation systems displayed on screen.

5. Ride statistics, just add a Rs 1000-2000 plug in device to the CAN bus and done free nothing required.

6. All electric cars in India have a warranty period of 8 years /1,60,000 Km on battery why Ather is giving 3 years ? All are li-ion batteries just the capacity changes not sure why Ather does not give 8 years

The subscriptions plans for a two wheeler that will mainly be used as secondary vehicle to go nearby places may me max 50KM Per week , I think this is unfortunately expensive :frowning:

In fact I have a family plan with more data and it costs so much lesser than Rs 400!! For 200 rupees a month you get 1.5GB per day with unlimited calls !!!

The “ather connect” plans are ridiculous in-fact as a manufacturer you can deal with it till the warranty period 3 years

Services plan may be okay but roadside assistance and puncture et should be covered in insurance rather than service

2 Likes