New Ather Subscription plans - Connect & Service

Good to know you are looking at EVs for your next purchase!. Let me attempt to answer some of these questions.

Installation is not free. However, the Ather Dot is pretty easy to install and comes with a installation guide. If you are handy with a drill machine and know the basics of wiring up a socket, you can do this yourself. If you don’t have a drill or don’t want to bother with all this, get your local electrician to set it up. Its as simple as mounting a 15A socket (5A is sufficient) or you can pay Ather/Dealer 1800 (excl GST) for 5mtrs of wiring. Anything above that gets charged as per usage.

At 15-20 lakhs, the OEMs can bundle in the cost of data and no one would even know. For a 2W, it isn’t that easy.

All critical updates/bug fixes are free, irrespective of whether you are on a connect plan or not.

Ather does not use Android Auto/Apple CarPlay because there is a device dependancy. When you already have a android based dashboard not he scooter it makes more sense to use the native Google Maps implementation. The google maps on your phone/tablet is a free license for personal use. Any implementation of the same Google maps for Automotive purposes needs a paid licence. Hence the cost to use navigation on the scooter.

The 450/450+/450x were designed for city commutes, which means you are already have decent data connectivity in the operating area. To put in an offline maps would mean the need to keep it updated frequently as new roads are built, one ways get notified, roads are closed etc. A real time connected maps just makes more sense. What would be nice is to have the Traffic layer on the maps screen but unfortunately Google doesn’t support the traffic api implementation for 2W yet.

There is no OBD port, so you no chance of plugging in a bluetooth OBD dongle to collect/read data.

Again, The subscription isn’t mandatory. If you drive the same route or are familiar with the city then connect plans may not really be useful for you.

It’s ₹400 per quarter, not per month.

The connect plan doesnt just cover 3G/4G data plan costs. It also covers the cost of your Maps licence, the cost of storing and retrieving data from the Cloud and maintaining that data as well.

I just now renewed my car insurance and there was no provision for in built RSA or Puncture assistance. Unless you pay extra for these, insurance covers only accidental damage claims.

7 Likes

Thank you for the quick repsonse. But I still see this as a serious flaw and my explanation is below

Bullet already has a navigation system on their two wheeler with no subscription plan!!! Is it that hard that you need some license to put some arrow marks from your blue-tooth enabled device on the screen?

I still really don’t understand why Rs 400 per month is charged

To royal Enfield the navigation functionality, the rider will have to pair the motorcycle with their smartphone. For that, you need to download the Royal Enfield app via Google Play or App Store. After that, enable the Bluetooth on your smartphone, and connect it to the motorcycle

Why this the above said system cannot be done ? in-fact I do still do not understand any logic for Rs 400 plan for navigation and “improvements to dashboard” I really don’t other than Ather needing constant revenue generation stream from all its customers

also would like to know about battery warranties

All electric cars in India have a warranty period of 8 years /1,60,000 Km on battery why Ather is giving 3 years ? All are li-ion batteries just the capacity changes not sure why Ather does not give 8 years

I wish it was as simple as drawing arrow marks. Fundamental difference is that for Bluetooth to work, your phone has to be near the vehicle. Android Auto/CarPlay cannot operate when out of range. Whereas a 4G connected device can utilise connected / cloud based services (like Google maps) and provide real-time navigation without any Bluetooth tethering. This also means you can perform remote operations eg monitor charge levels, geo fencing alerts, real time tracking etc - which wouldn’t be possible with screen mirroring type implementations.

Ather wanted to produce a scooter which is better or on par with an petrol scooter,this the touchscreen display,sim card and stuff Maybe a normal screen as in ntorq which is semi smart and can show u turn by turn navigation etc can be implemented,this cost cutting on such non vfm things

1 Like

This can be a feature for subscription. But adding Navigation without subscription is easy but not done I feel so people get the subscription :frowning:

1 Like

Were the subscription plans announced recently?because i was being able to use my 450x series1 with all the features included in the connect pro(along with the complementary plan which is offered with the series 1)for about a month or so without paying any extra fee until i realised i can’t use the features anymore and mentioned the issue in the forum.

Now, we have to pay GST even while paying for subscriptions using the Ather credits or it’s just an error? :exploding_head: @abhishek.balaji

You have to pay GST for all the subscription plans even if you are using credit points.

Last time when I used the credits, I don’t remember paying GST. This could be a recent change to adhere to a legal requirement. @abhishek.balaji can confirm.

Even when I checked last week, they didn’t include GST for the subscription plan paid with credits.

I paid using credits in April and paid gst separately.

got my series 1 in April 2021 and subscribed to connect pro on 19th.again service lite was activated where for series 1 had service pro already.It made my subscription expire even though I paid for it and customer care doesn’t exist and escalated twice in last 2 weeks had a trip planned tomorrow and I need maps @abhishek.balaji

@abhishek.balaji, I have received a mail on June 17th stating that subscriptions will be extended by a month as complimentary. Have received one more mail that my subscription has ended on June 20th (which was due to end on June 20th) What should I do now? Should I subscribe or should I wait? My vehicle is due for service and I am under Pro subscription.

I am in the same situation… @abhishek.balaji can you pls clarify on this

Sorry took some time to figure out the right solution for this.

Hey folks, a quick update on the extension:

1. For those with an active subscription, please check your dashboard at app.atherenergy.com/dashboard, to see the extension reflected.

2. If your plan was active/in grace period in May, but expired in June, we’ll be adding credits equivalent to a month’s subscription. You can use these credits against any renewals you’d do.

3. If you’re currently on a grace period, do renew your subscription for the extension to be applicable.

Hey as I checked with the team, this has been resolved as well.

13 posts were split to a new topic: Subscription credits/extension not added

I was told by a technician that, ₹450 per hour of service if not on service plan. I was laughing. What was that ? Can anyone clarify. Because surely showroom guys told me this. And they can’t tell anything more. ₹450 per Hour of service. Whats that ?

Service is required at 5000kms and should cost you around 1.5k to 2k but since it’ll be once in a year for me I don’t care that much and rs 450 thing seems to be real

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji I have subscribed for Connect Pro but it is saying “Future” and I can’t able to see anything in mobile app now. Can you please let me know when I will be able to see the data?