New Ather Subscription plans - Connect & Service

Mine got activated immediately, while some members took 24hours

1 Like

Teething issues - I paid for the Ather Connect Pro, the manage subscription showed ā€œFutureā€, now it shows pending payment. Raised a CS ticket yesterday. Awaiting resolution. The Dashboard still doesnā€™t recognise the subscription 4 days after payment.

2 Likes

Rs 450/hr ather is looting lot of money from Customers itā€™s to much charges

4 Likes

Yeah this seems weird. I thought the labour charges would just be fixed. Whatā€™s with the hourly charges and how is it measured? And how transparent will it be for a customer to know the time spent on their vehicle?

3 Likes

Hi Iā€™m buying 450x and loan is sanctioned too, can any one tell what all connect services are working and not working please and which connect subscription to buy lite or pro

1 Like

Connect Pro + Service Lite

7 Likes

Everything is working except bluetooth. There are some problems but all features are working.

3 Likes

Is the Bluetooth update out yet? I thought it was an OTA for March. Also, I remember that 450x does not need subscription for Bluetooth to work. Is that correct?

Right.Bluetooth isnā€™t out yet . No need of any subscription for that

Question: I bought my Ather recently. As of now I have taken Connect Pro subscription but havenā€™t opted for any Service plan yet. I am told to have the 1st servicing done on 5000Kms or 6 months whichever comes first. So, shouldnā€™t I buy the Service plan when my service is due? I mean why to invest in Service plan now when itā€™s clearly not needed. Suggestions, guys! :slight_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

As of now. Ather doesnā€™t have anything in place to prevent us from doing so. Hence you can do it and it is what Iā€™m doing too. The quarter that I need service I take service pro for that quarter only. Which is ā‚¹1300 as apposed to ā‚¹4,200 for the year. Save almost 3k on it but youā€™ll end up going for 2 quarters if youā€™re a heavy user. Which would still be 1600 cheaper. So it makes sense for the year if youe clocking 15000Km a year. If youā€™re doing around 10k Km a year then quarterly is better. Better yet you could just go for pay for service. But if you donā€™t wnat the risk. Go with quarterly pro /lite plans

I took a plan at 8500Km and now Iā€™m almost at 10k Km and my 10k Service is done. The plan will last until I hit 11000-12000Km. And Iā€™ll go for another plan at 13.5k-14.5k Km to cover for my next service.

Iā€™m sure Ather will do something about this soon enough. Letā€™s use this until we can atleast.

7 Likes

this is nothing when compared to Maruti Suzuki manā€¦ i know its 4 wheeler and this is 2 wheeler, but, Service is where they mint money and not at sales. I once asked the executive, the way i am charged for the hourly service by you, do you really pay your guys in similar fashion. Do you guys pay them 50k to 60k per month and service executive had not answer. Service is where these companies make money. You pay for labor, you pay for the parts, you pay for the taxā€¦ Simple.

3 Likes

450X have to be serviced every 6 months irrespective of kms run? Meaning if we ride only 2000 kms in 6 months, do we still need to go for servicing every 6 months? Or is it every 12 months?

Also, does the logic for Ather service subscription work for Ather Connect as well? Meaning when we see a new OTA update has arrived, can we subscribe to Ather Connect for that quarter alone and get the updates. Not interested in onboard navigation. I believe Bluetooth will still work without Ather Connect.

For critical OTA subscription is not required. Without subscription you can still get OTA. Maybe some non critical updates may be missed but all the critical updates like major bugs that effect the vehicle performance and experience and features are still pushed without subscription. But however you will not be able to upload documents without subscription.(At least for the first time) after that even without subscription you shall be able to see the documents in dash unless and until you delete or want to upload new documents.

And yes bluetooth is not related to subscription it is usable without subscription.

1 Like

That is interesting. So that means the mobile data (4G sim) on the scooter remains active even though we are not paying for the subscription.

1 Like

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/discussions-on-pricing-and-subscriptions/5281/390?u=harshavardhan

Do you have a connect pro or lite yearly and subscribe to service quarterly whenever required?

If you want to subscribe both connect and service plans same time we can choose quarterly or yearly for both we canā€™t choose period individually right now

1 Like

Im not on any connect plan. It ads no value to me. I wish there was a pack which ordered ONLY remote vehicle SOC monitoring. No navigation. No location monitoring No monthly stats. Iā€™d buy that for sure. But Ather porbably wonā€™t look into since thereā€™s already a little backlash for spilitting the plans. @abhishek.balaji still something you guys could consider.

3 Likes

Is there any way you were able to turn off the 4G sim in the scooter when not in use. Basically, it is needed only for OTA updates. So better if we had an option to switch it off and save some battery.

Imagine leaving the scooter parked somewhere with no range. Battery consumption will be much higher. Nitpicking obviously.

Even as Ather claims the DRL lamps do not bother much loss, 4G standby would take very little in comparison, given the size of battery.

That is why you can subscribe to service plan quarterly. As you have selected I donā€™t want any connect plan option. But in case of @bharat.rawal21 he already has connect pro and obviously selected i dont require any service plan option while subscribing to it. Now when his current connect pro annual plan is active can he subscribe to service quarterly whenever required is the question. Bharat please login to your account on app.atherenergy.com and share the screenshots if you are able to add service plan quarterly to your existing connect plan