Maintenance and Service

Reference number 318456 if anyone at Ather could look at the email chain so far.

3 Likes

Can I get some help with my problem please Ather folks? Who do I have to contact when customer care is repeatedly failing? Why should I subscribe to Service Pro if just a simple pick up repeatedly scheduled and ignored for over 3 weeks?

Help me out here @abhishek.balaji, @tarun? I apologise if this sounds like a rant but this has been an incredibly frustrating experience with no one taking ownership!

3 Likes

The fan for the motor was replaced under warranty. Was adviced to use the regen gently for the throttle sensor. Guess i have to work around this one

1 Like

I am also having same issue. it’s been 6 days since the allotted slot for pickup. and a week prior for the slot booking. No pickup yet.

The customer care is helpless.

I guess the dealer service is talking the advantage of the customers. They know that we cannot get the service anywhere else.

@abhishek.balaji

1 Like

I swear to god I did not read A.S.S. (Ather Space. Service ) as ass., Jokes apart, The grips should not void the warranty as the throttle control is not in the way of it. I replaced it as soon as I got the scooter it’s been over 3 years now, and no issues. But the entire company is pushing for sales and losing customer in service.

4 Likes

just talked to the customer care. they will not refund the service pro amount and they still are in the process of getting the vehicle picked up.

Ather has definitely turned towards making money .

1 Like

Issue resolved

2 Likes

Hey Arvind, Hey There! We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We hope our team picked up the vehicle, and we have shared your feedback with them.

1 Like

Hey There! We have noted your feedback. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

2 Likes

Hello Melvin, thanks for escalating the problem, the pick happened and service was done.However:-

1. I am not happy with the quality of service - the scooter had very obvious vibration near the front panel before service and that was missed even after service team said they test drove - that’s a basic.

2. Furthermore I spent over an hour explaining the scooter issues to multiple customer care members prior to this escalation. None of it was passed on to service team. The pick up guy himself said none of the information comes to them - I had to sit and attempt to recall everything in person. I ended up missing a point or two and as expected service team did not address them.

3. The seat cover replacement offered on community day to all gen scooters did not work out in my case. Service told me it will compromise the seat lighting sensor. I don’t remember Tarun or anyone during community day mentioning that this is a Gen 2/3 specific seat design.

I would like all of the above resolved please before this escalation is closed. Ideally I would have discussed above with the escalation manager who contacted me (Azeem I think) but he didn’t leave his number with me. So I request your help.

6 Likes

@hemanth.anand please let me know if this is still the case as in the first 5k service being done at home with subsequent ones with a pick up and drop off service

1 Like

@anandquasar when you refer to grips is this the handle grips or ? Maintenance and Service - #748 by anandquasar Thank you

Hello @udithebheemanaik please advise whether this is happening on a relatively new scooter or is it after 10k kms or ?

Thank you.

1 Like

The reason was a pipe that had brake oil going down to the wheel, it was not being put in it’s place properly after service guys opened up the scooter, so it was put to wear and tear and finally the oil pipe got damaged, replaced it with a new one and the issue is rectified but not fully, i can still feel the rigidness while twisting the handle. I guess it’s just a design flaw or Ather guys really don’t know how to solve it. But the problem is usually coming up in the scooters after they’ve clocked more then 7-10k kilometers

6 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation and it’s good to be aware @udithebheemanaik

I’m guessing they paid considering it wasn’t fixed in properly at the service end.

Yes exactly, try asking them to readjust the piples on the front

1 Like

Thanks for writing in , I hope they paid for it and not you @udithebheemanaik

I had to pay for it if it happened while i was driving, but luckily it happened right after i was taking it back from the general service, so they replaced it the next day

1 Like

If it happened after you were driving - would you have known that the pipes were incorrectly fitted?

The reason is that all these points seem to be a mine field for those of us who are doing this for the first time.

Thanks @udithebheemanaik