Maintenance and Service

This is why Incognito mode needs a Password protection from its owner. Just wanted to how did you come to know that it was in Incognito mode? does it shows in the app?

1 Like

In app ride stats, location will not be shown, cannot track location from app either.

1 Like

I had done my 5k service on time but it still says in my Ather account that it is missed so I have put a mail to Ather with the photo of service details but they have not yet got back to me. anything else I can do?

2 Likes

It’s the same same case with my vehicle as well. I don’t know how they mess up on simple task at the service centre. Sighs

1 Like

After mailing them and waiting now i got a response saying they have escalated it and it will mostly be solved in 10 days.

Hi folks, Sharing an extremely poor experience for availing RSA and getting my scooter repaired at Ather Service Center JP Nagar, Bangalore. If any Ather Company persons monitor the forum, this is for you to improve the shitshow of service & RSA experience for such a premium product.

Chapter 1: Troubleshooting and getting support My 450p (6 month old, 752km driven) developed an issue overnight (no idea how) in which the Motor won’t turn on. The display shows the ‘Press Brake and Start’ alert even after it is pressed. I called their support team and they first asked to try some troubleshooting (shutdown, charge it to full etc etc), none of which worked. Then I asked them to investigate and their response was that we need to use RSA to tow the vehicle and it’ll be charged 2500 plus taxes. After arguing that I shouldn’t need to pay for it, they agreed to waive it… but no action taken in 1 day. Second day again I had to call them and repeat the entire story and the customer support agent again finally agreed to have RSA waived (after 2nd bout of arguing) and said that she is taking me on a conference call with the RSA team to instruct them. She just redirected me to RSA and was not there on the supposedly conf call. (…contd to chapter 2)

Chapter 2: Getting RSA On this call with first RSA team, I had to again repeat the story and tell that your support team has said that this should be waived. The RSA team has no idea about waiver, but says they will raise a RSA request and it’d take few hours for the pickup to be done. Then I get sms with some links to a 3rd party ‘strnd’ that pickup is being scheduled and I had to provide my exact location on their map interface. None of these msgs didn’t have any info or mention about being arranged from Ather and neither the Ather RSA team felt it important to explain the process. I still assumed that its from Ather and provided the location details. Then I receive call from a 2nd Ather RSA team and they say that they are coordinating with a vendor and will arrange pickup soon from a nearby towing vehicle. When I asked them that this RSA should be waived as per their CS team, they say no sir they don’t have any such info. I call the CS number again, and have to repeat the entire story (what was wrong with the scooter, tell them about argument for RSA waiver etc ) and then this agent gives me a number of RSA team to call and check. I call the RSA number (this is the 3rd RSA person I am talking to) and the person on the other end says that she doesn’t have any intimation about the waived RSA fee for this pickup. She says she needs an email from someone in Ather CS team to confirm and that I need to go back to CS team and ask them to send an email to her. While I am on this call, the pickup vehicle driver is calling back to back and by the time I finish my call with RSA, the vendor/owner is calling me and shouting at me to not picking up call, cutting the call. I told them that ‘boss, I was on another call’ he is like ‘if you don’t want pickup, cancel. How you dare cut(reject) the incoming call?’. I told him that I don’t want to deal with him. I’ll speak to the Ather team only as they are the ones arranging the pickup. Now I call the number from which 2nd RSA team had called me, and explain them that this is happening and that my RSA should be waived. They say that ‘yes sir, we have got RSA waiver. But you should still check with support team once again’. I asked them, if they see the RSA fee is waived, then why do I need to check with CS team again. He said - ‘no problems sir. we will proceed with pickup’. He asked that the vendor said I had refused pickup, so shall he ask the vendor to schedule it now or not? I confirm that if it is not chargeable for me, then proceed. Now I get call from the towing truck driver, that where is the pickup and where is drop. I am concerned by the 2nd question because they should know where to drop. He asks me to share the location links on whatsapp to him - which I denied. And had to call the 2nd RSA number again and told him that I can’t share location on whatsapp and that why does the driver now know both the locations? He gave some excuse that the drivers sometimes want to verify the details from customers as they might not trust the app. Anyways he takes the vendor/owner on the line (not the driver) on a conf call with me and that guy is shouting at me on that ocnf call that I rejected the calls from his driver and that I refused the pickup. I told the Ather guy that I will not listen to such calls and deal with such people. Then the Ather RSA person asked the vendor to send the driver and that he will help the driver to navigate to my pickup location. Then after around 2 hours, the driver came near my building and called and I navigated him to my exact location. After that while the pickup was smooth, But the driver had no papers, no official app/interface to confirm that he is indeed from Ather (or their authorized vendor). All he had was whatsapp msg with my name, number. This lack of authorized info is extremely concerning while handing over a scooter which costed almost 1.5L is super scary. SO I call the 2nd RSA number again and a different person picksup the phone but he says that if the towing truck has come then it must be the right and I can let him take the scooter. I also confirm the drop location - which was to be Ather JP Nagar service center. (This was decided by them without asking me. JP Nagar is little bit farther for me than the BTM service center, but I was like let them take it. I didn’t have more energy to deal with such a shitshow again). Anyways the driver loaded the scooter and went. He then called me after reaching the service center and handed the phone to security at the center. The security asked my my name, number and vehicle number and said ‘ok’. I didn’t receive any official sms/msg/call from Ather informing that the vehicle has been received.

Chapter 3: The Service Center It had already taken from Friday morning 11AM to Saturday evening 5PM to get the scooter at the service center and I was exhausted so didn’t do anything on Saturday. By Sunday afternoon, there was no msg/update on the scooter, so I called the CS number again asking about the status. They said that if it was delivered then it must be in process for fixing but since its Sunday so the service center is closed and that the service team will contact me by themselves. On the next day, I get a call from one of the service advisors asking me what’s the problem with my scooter. I tell him that motor is not turning on and that your support team already has all the info (I have repeated it 5-6 times already). He says okay, he will check. Then no update the entire day. On Tuesday I call the support (CS) number and they tell me another number to call for service center updates. I call this service center number and the agent says that there is my vehicle is not in service center as per her records. After a few minutes of me sharing full details and explaining how I got the call from their advisor the previous day, she says yes it is there and she will call me back in 10 mins after checking the status. I wait for 40 mins and no call. So I call that service number again and the same person picksup. When I ask for status, she said that she asked the advisor to call me and assumed my matter is sorted. She said that she will ask the advisor to call me asap. After another 10 mins or so I get a call from the advisor that they are running diagnosis and he will call by 3-3:30PM with the update. I say okay and am waiting. At 5 pm I call the advisor asking for status, he says that some ‘ADC’ is malfunctioning and it needs to be replaced that they will complete by tomorrow morning. I ask him that what is ADC, how did it got damaged and how is it impacting the motor. To which he says he will arrange a call back after talking to the person fixing the issue in 5 mins. After 30 mins, I call him again and he tells me that he has asked their service manager to call me and that I should wait for 30 mins or so. Finally at 6:30PM I get a call from the service manager and he says that it was a software issue. There was some fluctuation or error in installing an OTA which is what is causing the issue and it has been resolved. Firstly, I told him that in the previous update the advisor told about some other issue (ADC malfunctioning) and that how has it become a s/w issue now? To which he replied that ‘no sir, he (the advisor) might be mistaking me with another customer’. Then I try to discuss that there was no OTA update (the s/w version was not showing me any failed or attempted updates or errors) when I was trying to troubleshoot then how come this be an issue. He says, that they do such upgrades at night 3AM to all vehicles and these are only visible in their backend (not in the display of scooter or the Ather app). Anyways after arguing about the OTA process, I give up and simply want the scooter to be up and running again. He said that they will do a 5-10 kms test ride tomorrow morning and then I can pick it up. I asked him to drop the scooter to my place as I can’t visit JP Nagar the next day (tomorrow), which he said he will arrange. I have also asked him to share a incident note or job card on what exactly went wrong.

This is where I am after 5 agonizing days of running from one team to another and chasing for updates, getting absolutely wrong information, utter lack of coordination and transparency. After this horror show I will not recommend (in fact will deter) my friends/colleagues and family members from buying a Ather scooter ever again.

6 Likes

I have had a terrible experience with my servicing as well. I was made to wait 5 and a half hours for a scheduled service where I had taken an appointment.

Had also given a detailed feedback regarding the service and asked someone to connect with me. However nobody has contacted me as it’s been couple of months.

Don’t think anyone reads the feedback

Poor poor experience for a good product.

4 Likes

I just want to bring to your notice that my last two service experiences were not good. You guys were the best when it came to vehicle servicing and keeping the customers updated including the whereabouts of the vehicle.

Now there is a waiting period of at least 15 days to schedule a pickup and at least 2-3 days for the service. And icing on the cake is we as customers are not even updated on what’s going on. Forget us, your own customer representative executives are not able to get in touch with the service centers to find out what is happening. The service experience was brilliant then now it has gone to dogs.

Please pull up your socks or you will have a lot of unhappy customers like me joining the list.

You believe it or not in every stop/ go signal when fellow riders ask how the vehicle is. I used to sum it up in one sentence telling them that the vehicle is brilliant and they should also have one. Now I have lost the trust in Ather service. So going forward i am going to tell everyone that it is a good product but with not so good after sale experience. You have literally lost a word of mouth marketing person.

Hope you guys take this seriously and get better.

5 Likes

Wher is ur location

Even I having bad bad servicing experiences and warranty about there products. Service & custom care representatives are clueless what happening with vehicle and never close loop, when contact for something. First vehicle I purchased waiting almost 10 months and now I have 3 scooters in family, I stopped recommending vehicle to anybody and now I’m thinking how to kick out all scooter with less loss…

if anyone can able to help me, please help with portable charger warranty period they promised. and documents you have about it…

1 Like

Hello! Can anyone review the best SC in Bangalore plz. I’m willing to take my scooter to SC.

Thats the reason i never shutdown night and start again morning

1 Like

Thanks for the reply

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/noise-from-motor-while-throttling/46977?u=yadinbala

2 Likes

With 2.5 years and 9000km done on my 450, 3 issue have made the partnership sour. The ASS only want to bill you and are nit interested in solving the problems and providing warranty support.

From the initial days whenever i twist the throttle in the opposite direction my scooter accelerates. Multiple service with the pick and drop option did not solve the issue. When i visited the ASS personally and Demonstrated the same the service rep accepted the throttle sensor is faulty but refused to replace the same under warranty because the rubber grips were replaced. Ather does not sell the rubber grips but the entire assembly and if you replace them the service reps will take you for a ride and deny warranty. This was very pathetic experience from Ather.

From past 6 months the motor cooling fan has started making metal screeching noise. The bearing must be on its way out. The ASS promised the same was addressed but a short ride revealed otherwise.

Gonna press for warranty replacement of these parts. This is gonna be a uphill battle and i seriously doubt there will be any +ve results. The Ather dealers are nothing but daylight robbers and Ather has turned a blind eye to this.

Owing two Ather scooters and recommending them to many. I feel like a fool now to share the pathetic service experience.

7 Likes

Video of both issue mentioned above.

@abhishek.balaji how do i get this rectified. The Service centre on JP nagar have a list of silly reasons that children would laugh at to deny any and all warranty claims. Why this attitude from service centre do they incur a loss on warranty repairs?

2 Likes

Had a hour+ unfruitful conversation with service manager at JP nagar ASS.

Ather will nit sell you grips, if you do change them it is considered as damaged and voids warranty.

They even advised me to change the assembly ti get the new grip at 3000rs and claim insurance or out of pocket.

The argument was the sensor will get damaged when you replace the grips.

Not sure why Ather doesnt sell this small wear and tear part and replace it at authorised service center. Is this a way to make you spend on the entire assembly.

In the interest of other owners not going through the same ordeal. It would be better that this Terms and conditions be called out. Being scammed like this make me want to stay away from all startups

6 Likes

agreed. grip is a wear and tear piece. and the one installed from factory is really fragile, mine tore from edges as well. they should allow replacement of grips.

3 Likes

This is my 6th attempt to get a pick and drop under Service Pro done for my Gen 1 450. It started over 3 weeks ago, has involved emails and over 1 hour worth of multiple calls, the latest of which involved a promise of escalating the matter - which amounted to nothing. This is only to be expected since no ownership to solve the problem end to end was shown in the latest conversation.

The scooter has multiple issues, the difficulties of which I have made very clear. This is apart from the 10k service that is also planned.

Why is Ather Service failing at such a simple task? 2 slots have been missed because no one came to pick the vehicle up!!

@abhishek.balaji and co, I request your help. Quite fed up with the amount of time I’ve wasted on this and I am not sure what else to do but post here. Clearly, calls and emails are just not enough.

6 Likes