Maintenance and Service

Thanks for the reply

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/noise-from-motor-while-throttling/46977?u=yadinbala

2 Likes

With 2.5 years and 9000km done on my 450, 3 issue have made the partnership sour. The ASS only want to bill you and are nit interested in solving the problems and providing warranty support.

From the initial days whenever i twist the throttle in the opposite direction my scooter accelerates. Multiple service with the pick and drop option did not solve the issue. When i visited the ASS personally and Demonstrated the same the service rep accepted the throttle sensor is faulty but refused to replace the same under warranty because the rubber grips were replaced. Ather does not sell the rubber grips but the entire assembly and if you replace them the service reps will take you for a ride and deny warranty. This was very pathetic experience from Ather.

From past 6 months the motor cooling fan has started making metal screeching noise. The bearing must be on its way out. The ASS promised the same was addressed but a short ride revealed otherwise.

Gonna press for warranty replacement of these parts. This is gonna be a uphill battle and i seriously doubt there will be any +ve results. The Ather dealers are nothing but daylight robbers and Ather has turned a blind eye to this.

Owing two Ather scooters and recommending them to many. I feel like a fool now to share the pathetic service experience.

7 Likes

Video of both issue mentioned above.

@abhishek.balaji how do i get this rectified. The Service centre on JP nagar have a list of silly reasons that children would laugh at to deny any and all warranty claims. Why this attitude from service centre do they incur a loss on warranty repairs?

2 Likes

Had a hour+ unfruitful conversation with service manager at JP nagar ASS.

Ather will nit sell you grips, if you do change them it is considered as damaged and voids warranty.

They even advised me to change the assembly ti get the new grip at 3000rs and claim insurance or out of pocket.

The argument was the sensor will get damaged when you replace the grips.

Not sure why Ather doesnt sell this small wear and tear part and replace it at authorised service center. Is this a way to make you spend on the entire assembly.

In the interest of other owners not going through the same ordeal. It would be better that this Terms and conditions be called out. Being scammed like this make me want to stay away from all startups

6 Likes

agreed. grip is a wear and tear piece. and the one installed from factory is really fragile, mine tore from edges as well. they should allow replacement of grips.

3 Likes

This is my 6th attempt to get a pick and drop under Service Pro done for my Gen 1 450. It started over 3 weeks ago, has involved emails and over 1 hour worth of multiple calls, the latest of which involved a promise of escalating the matter - which amounted to nothing. This is only to be expected since no ownership to solve the problem end to end was shown in the latest conversation.

The scooter has multiple issues, the difficulties of which I have made very clear. This is apart from the 10k service that is also planned.

Why is Ather Service failing at such a simple task? 2 slots have been missed because no one came to pick the vehicle up!!

@abhishek.balaji and co, I request your help. Quite fed up with the amount of time I’ve wasted on this and I am not sure what else to do but post here. Clearly, calls and emails are just not enough.

6 Likes

Reference number 318456 if anyone at Ather could look at the email chain so far.

3 Likes

Can I get some help with my problem please Ather folks? Who do I have to contact when customer care is repeatedly failing? Why should I subscribe to Service Pro if just a simple pick up repeatedly scheduled and ignored for over 3 weeks?

Help me out here @abhishek.balaji, @tarun? I apologise if this sounds like a rant but this has been an incredibly frustrating experience with no one taking ownership!

3 Likes

The fan for the motor was replaced under warranty. Was adviced to use the regen gently for the throttle sensor. Guess i have to work around this one

1 Like

I am also having same issue. it’s been 6 days since the allotted slot for pickup. and a week prior for the slot booking. No pickup yet.

The customer care is helpless.

I guess the dealer service is talking the advantage of the customers. They know that we cannot get the service anywhere else.

@abhishek.balaji

1 Like

I swear to god I did not read A.S.S. (Ather Space. Service ) as ass., Jokes apart, The grips should not void the warranty as the throttle control is not in the way of it. I replaced it as soon as I got the scooter it’s been over 3 years now, and no issues. But the entire company is pushing for sales and losing customer in service.

4 Likes

just talked to the customer care. they will not refund the service pro amount and they still are in the process of getting the vehicle picked up.

Ather has definitely turned towards making money .

1 Like

Issue resolved

2 Likes

Hey Arvind, Hey There! We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We hope our team picked up the vehicle, and we have shared your feedback with them.

1 Like

Hey There! We have noted your feedback. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

2 Likes

Hello Melvin, thanks for escalating the problem, the pick happened and service was done.However:-

1. I am not happy with the quality of service - the scooter had very obvious vibration near the front panel before service and that was missed even after service team said they test drove - that’s a basic.

2. Furthermore I spent over an hour explaining the scooter issues to multiple customer care members prior to this escalation. None of it was passed on to service team. The pick up guy himself said none of the information comes to them - I had to sit and attempt to recall everything in person. I ended up missing a point or two and as expected service team did not address them.

3. The seat cover replacement offered on community day to all gen scooters did not work out in my case. Service told me it will compromise the seat lighting sensor. I don’t remember Tarun or anyone during community day mentioning that this is a Gen 2/3 specific seat design.

I would like all of the above resolved please before this escalation is closed. Ideally I would have discussed above with the escalation manager who contacted me (Azeem I think) but he didn’t leave his number with me. So I request your help.

6 Likes

@hemanth.anand please let me know if this is still the case as in the first 5k service being done at home with subsequent ones with a pick up and drop off service

1 Like