Maintenance and Service

Genuine question: Does these fans cost so much?

It should not become like Apple keeping the repair with themselves making it an expensive affair for even a trivial thing.

6 Likes

One looks like a CPU case fan and the other is a axial blower type fan. I googled the part number as it seems to be sourced from Cooltron, headquartered in the US.

That said I have seen CPU case fans ranging from ₹250 to ₹1500 with varying airflow values, so no idea on how much these cost.

And, Pretty sure there is a mark up from Ather, which I am ok with because they have to make money from this!

1 Like

Sure, without markup, they can’t make money. They need to keep the margin fair. Being fair does not require competitor or market forcing it. Ather has done this on extending the warranty on old vehicles.

To be honest, I have no idea of the cost and margin. Just a gut feeling - seeing the fans made me think it’s too expensive.

And, 18% GST is a killer as usual. Govt might earn more than what Ather earns without a sweat :frowning:

2 Likes

As soon as a i saw the bill and then the fan pics i had the same question. and im 100% sure they dont cost nowhere near the price quoted.

2 Likes

That’s absolutely True

2 Likes

But it is shown “Made in China”

2 Likes

What exactly happened after that, did you go for the Unit replacement or did you just bought the scooter back home and now using the DOT charger?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Dashboard issues

Had you taken rhe subscription packs?

1 Like

The scooter is now being converted to a 1.5 gen version. Work is in progress. A lot of communication happening between Me and Ather team. I will share a detailed post once i have this sorted.

5 Likes

Hey @abhishek.balaji can you share what other charges can be charged by service center despite being on service plan as I had been charged labour amount for replacing the rear tyre all by service center

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Any update on this please. One of Ather owner was quoted Rs 3000 at Pune SC to replace the handle grip !!

The Loot of Ather service centres, I thought Ather will be different from ICE vehicle services, after all this time and now much-needed popularity they have TURNED.

2 Likes

I had got my handle grip replaced a month ago for free of cost under warranty, so until the vehicle is under warranty, i don’t think they charge any amount for changing it if you have an active service subscription.

3 Likes

So it is replaced free of cost, i guess in other SC and being charged Rs 3000 at Pune SC @abhishek.balaji Please suggest

1 Like

It was ₹2600 sometime back. Owner had his grips stolen! Who steals grips?

I think that topic has the answers but replacing the entire throttle assembly just for the outer grip is like replacing the entire hand just because of a scratch on the finger.

Points to Ather though should release further spares like grips alone, some child parts of Dot, like the connector tab to people which are getting worn or vandalized.

PS I wonder why the owners didn’t claim insurance 3k is not a small amount.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and guess what? My vehicle is 2 days old. So I don’t really know what to do as of now.

There’s a new service center opened in Bangalore at gorguntapalya, really a BIGGGG one!!

They also have a customer waiting room, where the customer can chill with AC while the vehicle is being serviced, really loved it :heart:

Photo taken from Google maps

This is the location link. I don’t know why but a guy from the SC takes a review of the SC with his name but that guy was really good at service and the interaction with me was also very friendly, he was like “whatever problem you get in the vehicle contact me sir, i will help you as soon as possible” this gave me confidence leaving my scooter at that SC.

6 Likes

Too far for electronic City persons

3 Likes