Maintenance and Service

For Electronic city, J.P. Nagar service center will be nearer. For Yelahanka and airport road nearest owners, this service center will make it easier for traveling and yes not much traffic compared to inside city roads :wink:

1 Like

Finally! This is pretty close to where i live.

2 Likes

hey has anyone got their scooter’s front shroud replaced recently? my 450 got cracks at the shroud and there’s no stock of white coloured ones. I don’t want to get the black ones as it’s not that appealing

I got it replaced with the black one. Mine was cracked too, but they didn’t have stock of white. I’ve also noticed that the black one has only a slight depression for the mirrors to sit.

The white one had deeper depressions for the mirrors to sit, which is exactly where it broke. The deeper depression may have affected the strength of the shroud in that that area. But I really liked how the white looked. I’m guessing they stopped making white because of this issue, plus all the new 450s have black. It’s been out of stock for months now.

1 Like

How to get service subscription plan where can I get and what all charges included after servicing if we have subscription

1 Like

You may look into this post

2 Likes

i like to keep my scooter stock without any modifications/wraps but the black shroud doesn’t make it stock anymore so I’m planning to get a white wrap on it(which actually makes it less stock than before) uff! I’m confused… they should have kept stock of the white ones. now I’m worried about the stock of battery packs when older 450s require replacement

2 Likes

That might be good news with batteries. Since it is the same platform, maybe you can get the enhanced pack that runs 450x?

3 Likes

Yesterday I had a weird issue, the Bluetooth option got disappeared from the dash, just like when the Bluetooth was not enabled at all when I got the Scooter, it was same, Mobile App said you Scooter Bluetooth is not enabled. I tried restarting console, shutdown but no luck I opened a ticket with Ather Support, and they said they will escalate to support team and get back, but before they got back the next day it got enabled automatically. Anyone else here faced such issue.

1 Like

It is a bug faced by many customers and they rectified it.

From another post

Please go through this post for clarity.

2 Likes

Can anybody let me know the break pads compatible with Ather ?

2 Likes
3 Likes

But what about its quality and how much it will last who knows

@power_light2000 What about this ? It says other components that are not covered under service plan are covered under warranty.

1 Like

That statement is clear as spring water, what doubt you got, “All other components that are not covered under the plan, are covered under warranty”. This means that every electronics, brake callipers, display and battery will get a warranty of 3 years; if they fail on their own in this timeline they will get replaced.

1 Like

13 posts were split to a new topic: Brake plate issue

Surprisingly yesterday I got a call from Ather saying you have crossed 4000 km so we will send a technician to inspect your belt if it is loose and tighten it free of cost . the guy came today morning and checked and it was a little loose and after tightening and checking it he left . was surprised as I had not even called them once saying anything regarding the belt :sweat_smile: but still it was a good experience just wanted to share it.

ps. on a side note the technicians scooter had full scratched up broken down look but he had completely transparent panels on the side .

have never seen this panel before …

12 Likes

Thanks for this post. One of the manager during call back tricked me by saying Ather will never reach out or contact any user for periodic inspection or maintenance.

And held me responsible for not getting periodic service done. Her point is if the brake pads were replaced @ 5000kms then damage to brake plate could have been avoided.

2 Likes

Horrible service experience for my Ather 450

The problems started in Feb 2022 when I raised the request to get the 2G module replaced by 4G. The technician who was sent seem to be untrained and in the process of fitting back the cowl cover, he ended up stripping the thread due to which he was unable to fit the screw. The issue was mailed to Ather.

Within a month, the 4G module stops working. I then scheduled a service in April 2022 to get the 4G module replaced under warranty. Along with it, I asked the stripped thread to be fixed and the screen guard to be installed. To my surprise, when the vehicle was returned, both these issues were not addressed. What’s even more surprising was that both these tasks were mentioned as “Done” in the job card

Job card showing complaints marked as done but never addressed.

No screen guard installed.

Screw not installed correctly.

I let the matters rest thinking that these can be addressed during the next service. Post the service, I saw a drop in the range (by around 2 or 3 WH/km increase) which I thought was ok. But recently, I observed some faint scrapping sounds from the front brake and on further inspection, it was found that the disc is heating up even when no brake is applied possibly due to the pads scrapping against it which was possibly causing the drop in the range too. So on 22nd September, I again wrote to Ather customer care. Finally on 10th October (after waiting more than two weeks), I get a call from Ather to schedule the technician visit on 12th October (today).

And today, things just went from bad to worse.

1. The technician was ill equipped to address the issues I had reported. The only issue he was able to solve was the issue with the cowl screw thread damage.

2. For applying the screen guard, the technician did not have the required tools to apply the screen guard. I had to provide the isopropyl alcohol and cloth to clean the screen. The screen guard was applied so poorly with air bubbles and gaps that I am sure it will fall off in some time.

1. For the brake disc heating issue even when not applying the brake, the technician did not diagnose the issue properly and was not even ready to listen to me trying to explain what was the issue. He sprayed WD40 on to the calipers and also spilled it on to the brake pads. The front brake is performing poorly after soaking up WD40 and I am unable to use my scooter now. He did not carry any brake cleaner spray and hence is unable to get rid of the oil on the brake pad and disc. Now he says that the vehicle needs to be picked up and taken to the service center. He was unable to remove the caliper for cleaning as well since all he had was a T-Handle allen key using which he could not apply enough torque on the bolts. I am not sure how such basic things as not to get oil on brake pads are missed by the Ather service engineers. I am also not sure on how the pickup would be done since it’s risky to take the scooter on road with a non-functioning front brake. I hope Ather is ready to cover the risks here.

@tarun , @swapniljain , hope something can be done to improve the customer experience here. All three of my experiences with Ather service technicians in the last 6 months was very poor.

5 Likes

hello, for the 5000km service will they do it only after I cross the set mark or if I’m at 4950km also will they do the general service?