Maintenance and Service

it’s not a set mark. you can avail of the service now

3 Likes

Why is NS Palaya service center only accepting 450 no 450x ? JP nagar service is joke i had sent for wobbling issue with front tyre they instead of fixing issue simply over filled both tyres by 1 psi and said problem was rectified. vehicle was received at service centre at 10.42 a.m vehicle service was completed by 12.02 p.m. Don’t know why it took 1 hrs to fill 1psi pathetic service @abhishek.balaji could you look into it?

Ather 450X which was bought last year has travelled around 3700 kms now. Major problem is the belt noise which is very high compared to other Ather vehicles. One of the reasons I went to electric scooter is to get rid of noise. Have given the vehicle to 2 service centers (Guindy and OMR in Chennai) but they did not have a clue on how to fix or reduce the noise. I can clearly see a big difference in noise between mine and my neighbour Ather. Is there any grievance cell where I can talk to a senior technician to escalate this. Its like a Metro Train on the road !!! I want to service it so that it becomes on par with other vehicles. There is definitely a manufacturing defect which service personnels are not acknolwedging.

2 Likes

I also had a similar issue with my belt it was making lot more noise than any of the other athers on road, i sent it twice to the service centre for no changes to be seen but the third time i sent it to Ather i made sure to let the manger and the technician at the service centre know exactly why i have sent my scooter, and surprisingly they worked out the issue nd replaced my belt under warranty which seemed to solve the issue at hand! I hope this will be helpful to you!

My first general service with accessory add on experience with my gen 2 . A slot was booked and today morning the vehicle was taken to peenya Bangalore and by today 1pm the vehicle was ready after all the accessory add ons and polishing . Made the vehicle look very new after one year and it felt very new because i opted for new mirrors and replaced the back tyre with the thicker one. The difference for me in mirrors is a world apart as well as the tyre. Vehicle was clean and polished all around as well . Well done Ather service team :clap: :clap: they also gave me all the stuff which was replaced like the old tyre and the mirrors as well as the brake pads which is good :+1:

6 Likes

Had noticed today one thing that they didn’t replace for me the gen 3 tyres instead gave me new 90/90-12 tyres because they misunderstood the work in the job card . it seems now since they already gave this they can’t take it back, they have told that if I want thicker tyres then I should pay the whole tyre amount again . why ??? I had solely wanted to change the tyres to the thicker ones even though the previous ones were fine but now I’m stuck with the same one again…

3 Likes

Hey Ramkumar, We have shared your concern with our team. We will get back to you soon.

2 Likes

I too feel the same problem with my Ather… At the time of my 1st service, I informed the service team about the vast sound compared with others and asked them to check n fix the issue. After 1st service, the sound increased a lot which they said is common.

2 Likes

After finishing 5k service in my Ather account it shows in the service history all the details of the service but it also still shows 5k general service overdue. what should be done? @abhishek.balaji

2 Likes

Mail to info@atherenergy.com with service history screenshot and service schedule screenshot

3 Likes

I gave 30K service. Very nice service done by Chennai Nungambakkam service team. Almost past 3 years i am giving service for same place. Not much complaint. First time paid 927 . This the big amount paid for changing break pad one time i changed my rear tyre. End of the 30k i am happy. Apart from subscription not spent much amount.but this time took time to deliver vehicle due to shortage of man power. Overall i want to give 5stars

4 Likes

How’s your battery performance after 3 years man

2 Likes

Tii now no problem if charge @home and maintain 20% to 80% can save our battery life

2 Likes

What about scratches and dents? In the 3 years you must have received many dings. How did you clean or fix them? Except replacing the entire panel, is there any way to hide scratches and marks.

I have an Ather 450 that’s from Chennai and I am currently using it in Visakhapatnam. SInce the first service there’s been a new issue coming up, the service guys bring up a new problem while rectifying the old one. Handlebar is nowhere feels like how it has been when i bought, no confidence at all. It is tight and before i was able to take off my hands while i was driving but now if i do that, vehicle is wobbling and goes left or right, never goes straight. Service reps here say that the vehicle is totally fine. If i ask them to check if the 450x has the same issue, they say that i own a 450 1.5 gen and they are totally different vehicles now they are saying that OOOH ITS GEN 3, it is like rocket and it is completely different , they’re seem like i am asking to remodel my splendor to a duke. I lost the confidence that I used to have when i first bought it. Also when i turn right, the handles movies freely to the end but when turning left, it feels like something is in between like wires stopping the free movement.

I lost the front brake after the service when i was cruising on a highway, oil leaked from below the dashboard.

Sometimes the vehicle feels like it is going on sand or i’ve lost complete control and I am going to fall.

Did anyone experience the same ? like the rigid handle bar and swaying to left or right?

2 Likes

I feel the same with handlebar turning… Recently my secondary pulley wore out at 33k km had to replace it.

3 Likes

I have observed similar problem. Ever since I got my scooters loose handlebar fixed, the scooter slowly pulls to the right if I take my hands off. I plan to get it checked and hopefully fixed during the next service visit but I don’t have a lot of faith in their service centre to be frank.

3 Likes

I had a insurance claim but my scooter was being used using incognito mode and no one from Ather yet responded on the same. Service centre guys as well as Ather officials ignored this topic completely. I was handicapped while seeing the scooter was being used on incognito.

The scooter came to me without washing. It was too dirty and service centre guys were asking me to use Colgate toothpaste and wash it on your own. Service quality was too bad.

3 Likes

Too bad service quality and service centre guys even don’t bother about it. No one from Ather officials respond even after dropping emails and contacting on WhatsApp numbers. Bangalore team says contact Mumbai and Mumbai says Contact Bangalore. No SOPs setup. No one knows what to do. No has control on the service team. My vehicle was being used on incognito mode I was monitoring it continuously, the changes in the modes and range changes and immediately contacted Ather officials but no one even responded on email or on any media where I raised a query. Now its been almost 3 months but still no official responded and no action was taken on the same.

6 Likes