Is 450+ in fact 450x with software restrictions

Is it true that Gen3 450+ is physically the same bike as 450x, which is software limited to withhold features like Bluetooth and extra range? It is perfectly reasonable to do it to get more customers into the EV fold without complicating manufacturing by having it’s own manufacturing line. My hats off to Ather for doing it despite the loss.

I have just purchased a Gen3 450+(Dec 2022), and after using it for the past month realized I am in fact missing out on not going all the way :frowning: and getting a 450x.

Is there an option(or consideration) where we can pay up the price difference and unlock/convert 450+ to 450x :slight_smile:

Edit

Note: I did try to find any related posts but couldn’t find any, please point me to those if you know this is properly already answered

7 Likes

No Ather made this clear time and again. So for now no option. Who knows some day it may but for now no. Because of few reasons main which I feel is

1. Actually they are not running two separate manufacturing lines for the manufacturing of these vehicles. But what in future if they start doing it then it will be a big mistake to allowing this. Then they cannot do that with the then setup of manufacturing.

Now they are providing this by doing some game play also one reason why 450X is one of the costliest EV in market they did their math and not ready to take the money burning game so deep for now as per my opinion.

6 Likes

yes and no. yes they’re hardware wise identical, and no Ather isn’t allowing that.

i’m in the same boat as you. got the Plus but now wishing I had the extra range and Bluetooth like the X. i hope they consider this suggestion for upgrading down the line.

6 Likes

Thank you, friend, I did look for this topic but couldn’t find any. If it is not too much trouble could I request that you link those here?

3 Likes

Now Auto Hold as well

7 Likes

Found these from an old topic, not sure if they are still true

5 Likes

To clear it doesn’t stand true. It is not a different line of production. It is the same vehicle with restricted features but as I said it is a show stopper arrangement for them.

Like OLA it is the same vehicle at different price points with restricted features. They upgraded some of the early vehicles because they had to cover up for the delayed time lines and over aggressive marketing hype, which they couldn’t deliver. It is a marketing and publicity stunt.

This type of product categorisation is common across brands, In 4W too.

4 Likes
2 Likes

have a look at this spec sheet. looks like the 450+ is also getting Autohold!

6 Likes

4 Likes

Not necessarily true, I knew exactly what I was not getting and am ok(I still don’t need the range, acceleration and Bluetooth). But now we are talking about features like auto hold that are useful

4 Likes

Same here bro … they announced that gen 3 will get auto hold now its showing that only 450x will get this feature. This is wrong. We also want this feature. We agrred not to have bluetooth and extra range but didn’t agreed for not having extra features in future also.

3 Likes

The company has not let the plus owners down, They are still offering the AtherStack 5, If you own a Gen 3 you will get Auto Hold, the only feature you will miss is Bluetooth. the rest other than Range will be the same.

The Plus was released with the mind set of people to actually buy the EV and not burdened with the extra 20k.

2 Likes

That is not a fair assessment, we cannot really be judging without all the information. It could be released to plus owners in the next phase

5 Likes

Open Ather website then go to faq and click on 450x updates … there you can see that auto hold is available only for Gen 3 450x variant and i have confirmed from customer service also

3 Likes

Here you go,

It says on the specs sheet that both 450x and plus will get Autohold.

There might a conflicting information so wait for them to clear things out

2 Likes

Yes this is the confusion

1 Like

Yes they have to rectify it n correct it rather

2 Likes

MIGHT?

I think @tarun here is referring to all gen 3 will get the updates so hold tight

3 Likes

He said no owner left behind…so let’s see what happens when we get update.

2 Likes