Differences in 450 Plus and X

Now I have noticed something strange that’s is there is same subsidy for both the + and x varient that only means both have same battery pack of 2.9kwh and Ather is mostly charging 19010 for nothing,I am saying this cuz as I think both have same specs and Ather is restricting the battery,motor, charging speed maybe only the bluetooth hardware maybe extra and this means the battery has more buffer and if u know some basic knowledge of lion batteries ,u know that more the buffer better the battery life,so the 450+ has an better battery life and all the 20% charge technique isn’t required as it has sufficient buffer,Ather is doing to earn more profits is what I think,pls correct me If I am wrong I just want to know the actual usable battery capacity of both the x and the + @abhishek.balaji

3 Likes

The FAME subsidy is applicable on installed capacity vs usable capacity. You’re right about the same subsidy amount, and hence the same installed capacity today. 450 Plus is meant to be a model for a lower price bracket in the market, to ensure that folks looking to get their first EV aren’t too hesitant. The plan is to separate out the specs on hardware in the long term. Today, it doesn’t make sense to build two very different scooters in terms of the hardware.

5 Likes

Can u pls tell me the usable capacity of 450+ also y diff pricing for same hardware? @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

It’s for ease of manufacturing, it’s more expensive to setup two production lines for differnet products. As a business, we are ok to lose some money on the 450 plus, if that gets more entrants into the EV space. While Warp mode and Bluetooth features are great to have, many just want a ‘basic’ scooter, which is where the 450 Plus shines.

In fact, this is very common in the Auto & Electronics industry:

Also you can find the spec sheet here: https://mk0atherpress4l8sjt4.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Ather450X-Spec-sheet.pdf

4 Likes

With good hardware y does 450+ doesn’t get atleast 2.5kwh usable battery,then many won’t by 450x is what ig Anyways thanks for the replies Pre-ordered the 450+😁

The spec sheet link doesn’t open

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’d rather have @ather publish it officially. What I can say, however, is that even models like the 450+ that are supposed to be Bluetooth “incapable” are running on the same display hardware as the 450X, and they are using firmware to block these features out.

Very classy move, depriving + owners of features that are already present and overcharging X owners for a fictitious “hardware upgrade”.

8 Likes

Yeah, I have a 450+ (PLUS) and I can vouch for it. I was surprised on the day of my first OTA update after I bought the scooter, to see that my 450+(PLUS) converted to a 450X(PRO) with Bluetooth functionality and WARP mode with some extra space at the top in the battery SoC indicator, showing that the 450+ also has the same battery capacity as the 450X.

I wonder what “performance upgrade” and “Bluetooth hardware” those 450X peeps are paying for? :smile:

Note : The converted scooter went back to the old 450+ after half an hour.

@abhishek.balaji , do you want me to post pictures of the dashboard of that day?? I could happily connect my phone RAW to the dashboard, but could not use the bluetooth features because the App is required to give me premission.

Considering your sales team has the gal to lie to my face at your showroom that Bluetooth is not available on the 450+(PLUS) because “it lacks bluetooth hardware”.

Isn’t this akin to Ather just shooting themselves in the foot? :joy:

4 Likes

I do. Please do the honors.

+1. From what I gather, this is an entry level tablet sourced from Micromax with cost, not capability being the defining attribute. Sealing it off completely from any fresh airflow makes it even worse.

1 Like

Do I really post the pictures? What if it hurts what Ather has been professing until now about the 450+? Since the company and moderators are so kind as to allow people to share beautiful pictures on the forum, all credit must be attributed to them. The credit of being able to experience WARP mode on my 450+(PLUS) and finding similar and equal battery capacity as the 450X is a refreshing feel. Also, finding how blatantly capable of lying that Bluetooth features cannot be made available for the 450+ because of lacking hardware has opened this junior’s eyes to the mystical.

4 Likes

This in fact has been discussed at length in some other threads when 450 Plus was first announced. Software-restricted versioning is common now in automobile industry, akin to what you see in many software/apps on your computer or phone. A thread that might be relevant here:

1 Like

Ather had made it clear that until the 450+ order volumes are sufficiently high, it wouldn’t make sense for them to have a separate line of 450+ specific parts (dashboard & battery pack).

All 450x & Plus sold till date are the same H/W platform with features limited by software.

With an iPhone, the app is not even required for Bluetooth connectivity.

1 Like

And yet, people are being told by CS and dealerships that the 450+ is not BT capable because of “hardware differences”. Hell, you were convinced until not very long ago that there’s no WLAN capability on this device What a lovely cluster!

Only when an issue is dragged out into the light does everyone come out of the woodwork presenting justifications that are full of holes.

5 Likes

Whoa. Makes me wonder what else is software limited! Is ather purposefully screwing with us just to see how pissed off people can get with bad software? You know as a case study? Or is it like you want me to get so frustrated that I take the anger out on my dear vehicle and then break something it by mistake and have to pay you to repair it? #conspiracytheory

2 Likes

Oh, where have they made it clear on their front page website? Or maybe in their FAQs? Or are you implying that the sales team at the showroom is completely justified in lying to my face about the absence of Bluetooth and WiFi hardware?

Excuses like these may have worked at the inception of the mobile phone. But now? Seriously? Even a loner in the mountains holds a mobile phone please.

Haha, here is a moderator helping us justify that the “performance 'UPGRADE” doesn’t actually exist. Ather should rephrase it correctly as “disabled features enabled to create a model for an extra 19k”. Nothing has been upgraded infact. The 450+(PLUS) should be called the “performace restricted(by software)” model.

1 Like

Calm down buddy. No need to make it personal. This was mentioned in one of the Open Houses that the hardware would remain the same until unit economics works out for them.

And I hope you understand Moderators are not employed by Ather. We get the same hardware and level of service that any other owner gets.

7 Likes

Ather plus and ATHER x BOTH scooter are same or only software difference I am surprised only for software we pay 20000 rupaye sounds crazy

1 Like

Both hardwares are same, even the 450 plus models are registered as 450x in RTO.

For warp, Bluetooth and 10 km extra range (450 plus installed battery as same as 450 through software they controlled as usable battery 2.4 kw, 0.5 kw is buffer in plus). Ather 450x should be sale in 450plus price.

Misleading the customers as the name " performance upgrade" they charged 19k additionally. This strategy ather followed in past won’t go for long RUN.

3 Likes

They have given access to 2.3KW to the users of 450+ and 2.6 to the users of 450x yes buffer can be helpful and they can lock the performance like WARP mode for 450x but they should give access to at least 2.6KW access to 450+ users as well so that we can get better range. @atherenergy please roll out the OTA for increasing the range because even though we are getting it 1.4L , you are getting whole amount near to1.7L so more range is justified in that much price.

I agree with that, but you should give access to 2.6KW capacity access to 450+ users as well because that is justified with the price we are paying and you are getting which is approx 1.7lakh.

3 Likes

Agree. 450 plus available battery capacity is lesser than 450 which was cheaper.

1 Like

We are agree all about that you control the scooter with the software but we want to know to why the company hide the Bluetooth feature

Both are scooter are same because RTO registration is atha Plus show in RC ather x This is a mistake or anybody explain about that