Increase range of 450+

@abhishek.balaji @tarun Please consider this. As 450+ have the same battery pack as 450X, plz allow 450+ users to increase the range (utilise battery capacity to 2.6 KWh) with software update (Yes with extra charges for battery upgradation).

You can avoid to give Warp mode to have difference in the two models.

Guys plz vote this & like more, so that Team Ather consider this seriously.

89 Likes

Yes you are right bro Ather plus have same battery they increase the range of they want other opinion they can hide now many companies in market they provide good rang

10 Likes

Yes, it’s all in the software!!!

18 Likes

Would greatly appreciate if this can be done. Not just range but outright enabling all features and making it 450x. Minus the physical panels

2 Likes

Then there’s no use of keeping two seperate models like Ather 450+ and Ather 450X :person_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I don’t think it is necessarily true, you would still have 2 versions, just asking for a option where owners can pay the difference to upgrade. For people who do not want to, it is still 450+

4 Likes

It is not possible to change the configurations of the vehicle in EC’s…It may take hours to establish a proper setup which won’t be possible…

3 Likes

nope. no sensors are missing. again, hardware wise both vehicles are absolutely identical.

the change from 450+ to X is simply a single toggle of a switch in software. i was checking my scooter on the Ather app, and before delivery it was being driven in Warp mode. Just before delivery, they changed it and locked out the Warp mode.

Screenshot

Screenshot from before the scooter was delivered

3 Likes

Ohhh!!Fine then

2 Likes

My point precisely. Can some shed some light on this. Even if the answer is a big no, just trying to understand why this cannot be done. @abhishek.balaji

2 Likes

Business, segregation of models to increase market capture. Price difference also, some people when they see 1.72L for 450X (kerala price), they may not buy at all, for them 1.5L 450+ Seems reasonable and they buy them. So Ather will never upgrade 450+ to 450X even though it’s only a software lock.

2 Likes

While that’s business model, another could be to allow the desirous customers to upgrade the scooter on payment of price difference (1.72 - 1.5 L). In case, the customers change their mind later.

2 Likes

Sigh, sorry to say this, but it’s very unlikely this option will be given. It’s best if the 450+ owners don’t keep their fingers crossed for this upgrade option.

It’s a business decision end of the day. Imagine a scenario where Ather allows people to upgrade their 450+ at a later date. Then almost all buyers would buy a 450+ now, thinking they will upgrade to 450X if and when they feel like it. So then a good percentage of the new sales will suddenly be 450+, resulting in a much lower profit for the company (and probably even close to a loss if there are too few 450X being bought). And significant portion of these buyers will never bother upgrading, meaning that future incremental sale will probably never happen. Instead, if the option is never given, then the potential customers will preemptively get a 450X thinking they might some day need these extra features, ensuring a good split of sales between 450X and 450+, to keep the company running.

And oh, before someone suggests that Ather should give a ‘one-time’ option to upgrade, no that won’t work either. It’s similar to loan forgiveness concept in economics. Even if a company ONCE gives customers a chance to upgrade their 450+, then again customers will assume that in future too if we make enough noise the company will oblige again, so they will again go back to buying 450+. This is a signaling problem, unfortunately.

P.S.: I’m not saying this will NEVER happen, considering Ather tracks this Forum actively for VOC, but it’s best if we adjust our expectations for now… :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I think it won’t be.

I m talking about unlocking battery capacity, with this they can still have difference with warp mode & Bluetooth connectivity. Where as cost for upgradation will be the same as per 450X performance upgrade.

What’s the meaning of bearing extra weight of battery when I can’t utilise it ??

5 Likes

Still 450+ customers will have more cells to Balance :thinking:

1 Like

I guess it is indeed good for the battery health

Ather manufacturers only one scooter. If customer chooses 450+, cells are locked, if not , cells are available. If you unlock extra cells for 450+ , range increase, and it points to the business problem that above users have explained

1 Like

For battery capacity restrictions Ather company given 25core fine to government. But still they not agree to increase battery capacity in 450+

So in that case I dont need to optimise charge on 450+ correct? I do it for better health of battery, since it is already on partial capacity, reducing it further wont be helpful.

3 Likes

Bro i asked them to do the same, they simply deny it, Ather 450+ & 450x GEN 2. Have same 2.9KWh battery pack, i bought my scooty just 1 month earlier than Gen 3, how looted i m feeling that got less features and range in same price :smiling_face_with_tear:.

Funfact:- Ather 450+ Gen 2 also has blutooth, it was connected when we had the new software update

2 Likes