Is 450+ in fact 450x with software restrictions

I think some mistake or glitch in their official website

3 Likes

The title of the spec sheet document is ‘gen 3.1’ if you look at it closely. So, a possibility could be that for 450+ Gen 3.1, Auto hold would be enabled but for rest of us, it might not work. Have booked my 450+ last month and paid in full but yet to take delivery. So, possibly I too will be left out.

1 Like

Though I wish I’m proven wrong by Ather. Because since torque for 450+ 3.1 and 3 is similar then why would they single it out? I mean, they launched it just 6 months back. It would be ridiculous to make features available for 3.1 and not on Gen 3 which was launched just a while back.

2 Likes

I think if they want to give hill hold to 450 plus then they will give it to both gen 3 and gen 3.1 Major difference between both of them is only of colours.

1 Like

Simply to position 450x as a premium offering and keep the difference between them quite big and keep 450x enticing

What made you feel some features are missing. And by the way they launched same vehicle with few more colours and a modified seat that’s it. It is Gen 3 vehicle only. What is the source of the missing features comment. Just to understand the matter.

2 Likes

This is the context of specifications document uploaded on Ather’s website. It said 450+ and 450x Gen 3.1 will get auto hold. At another place in the faq section it was mentioned that only 450x from Gen 3 will get auto hold and not the 450+. This was clearly a communication mistake from their side and company has already clarified it a few days back that auto hold will be available for both the gen 3 models: 450+ as well as 450x

Back then, before this clarification was issued, what my comment meant was if 450+ from gen 3.1 is getting auto hold, there are high chances of 450+ gen 3 too getting the same… it would be ridiculous to think otherwise as both comes with similar usable power and are launched just about 6 months apart. It played out that way atleast for auto hold.

So, it sum it up - whatever is new features are made available for 450+ 3.1 would most probably be available for 450+ gen 3 be it auto hold or the upcoming ones like cruise control, crawl control, auto gen, etc if at all they made their way to 450+ 3.1

3 Likes

Yes both are same features wise only difference shall be seat and colours.

Another whiff of proof. My + is turned x after the update. I know it will go back in a couple of days :slight_smile: Also hoping #AtherUnlocked is regarding this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fingers crossed🤞 Ather unlocked - 450+ users gets a chance to upgrade to 450x by paying the difference amount.

3 Likes

Nobody is getting the 450 plus to 450X upgrade. This is confirmed.

2 Likes

confirmed by?

1 Like

Myself. And numerous post discussions. And laws of business of course.

1 Like

Sample one come soon

2 Likes