Introducing our revamped product offerings | The Ather 450X and Pro Pack

I hope Ather enables full battery utilization for the existing 450+ users, as they are being limited by software locking. They are the users who paid more than the current 450X without the pro pack and got less range but more features. I guess this is the time they should unlock the range on 450+ :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Bro now you are getting 450X pro at the price of 450 plus …what else you want ?

2 Likes

So does that mean, all smart features for existing 450x customers, who bought recently, will work only for 3 months and after that we should use it like a normal scooter!!!?

1 Like

You do miss out on all the smart features so it’s debatable. But kudos to Ather for giving full performance & range on the non pro variant

2 Likes

You have to subscribe to the Ather Connect Pro to avail the features.

1 Like

The naming is pretty confusing and tongue-twisting too. It would be nicer to differentiate as either 450/450X or some other name. “450X with Pro Pack” is weird, especially since there’s a very big feature difference between the two.

Another thing I noticed is that the 450X w/o Pro Pack seems to not support the purchase of the “faster” AC charger:

So for the people who buy the lower variant of the 450X w/o Pro Pack, do they need to upgrade to the Pro Pack to get the faster AC charger? Is it possible to even get the Pro Pack for a 450X w/o Pro Pack after purchase?

Also, just in this one post alone you could see the naming confusion. Pretty long name, when we could just say “450+” or “450X” before. Even though it is pretty certain that any user discussing within the forum has availed the Pro Pack, it could be confusing. Please think about naming it differently.

I could see the way software can be consolidated even further through this lineup. But the 450+ software will still need separate battery/warp mode limiters? The recent event of 450X’s being locked without Warp/lower range comes to mind. I don’t think Ather will ever bring + and X softwares to parity, but interesting to see how they take it forward. Doesn’t seem bad to just keep them separated I guess.

The point of this change is to probably get people into their subscription model now. Let’s see how that goes. I guess they’ll implement it in an OTA with Regen Controls/Cruise Control so that too many people don’t think about locking in with the older software through Incognito Mode :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I guess this part is valid for the older customers, since the Performance Pack doesn’t exist anymore? And Connect is bundled, not Pro? iirc, Savings Tracker was limited to Connect Pro (was mentioend in Ather Labs, but it just says “available to all Ather Connect Users” now.) What’s the difference with Pro now?

This is how it was before:

Also haha, Connect Pro, Pro Pack, Assure Pro. Too bad they didn’t name the Battery Protect Pro. Maybe they’ll rename the faster AC charger as Pro? :thinking:

Really hope they do this. But we’ll probably end up with a FAAQs :frowning_face:

Sorry for the long post lol. Definitely more reason for a podcast episode.

11 Likes

Like even for different ride modes? Or only mobile App features?

I Guess connect pro would be free for the new buyers for 3 years, doesn’t do justice to the old buyers tho

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji should clarify on all these queries.

1 Like

Now things are more clear…if you want features pay extra and if you don’t features then pay less…i would have bought 450X without features because they are giving same range as 450x pro

4 Likes

what is the default charger charging speed then?

5 Likes

I booked vehicle on mar 22. Till now date I not get delivered my vehicle can I claim this offer

2 Likes

Bad… Think about the existing users who have recently bought 450X for more.

@abhishek.balaji There should be seperate plan offerings and compensation for the people who have considered to pay such huge amount…

Needs clear justification. :neutral_face: Hoping for the best. :smiley:

8 Likes

Had a talk with the nearest EC this evening, they were saying that by default Ather 450x will now come with a 250w charger which will take 10-11hrs to charge the vehicle, but if customer wants to charge it quickly they need to pay more ~13500rs to get the 750w charger instead (the one what we were getting with the scooter before). He said, they can confirm only after tomorrow morning. Lets see.

So most probably now there will be two variants of the portable chargers, one of 250w and one of 750w.

I’m curious to know what happens to the Ather Dot charger though :thinking:

6 Likes

The only difference for current dot and portable are the casing and the fact that dot is mappable to specific scooter.

The new offering even with pro pack plus extra charger still comes out cheaper than what we’ve paid.

Hopefully at least they see reason in giving us early adopters free connect pro for 3 yrs.

6 Likes

Also need some clarification on the grid charging, I understood from the post that 450X w/o pro pack will not have access to the grid charging network, so the only option they have is home charging.

Please correct me if I misunderstood.

3 Likes

10 to 12 hrs 250 watt charger its for overnight charging comes free with scooter from now on after latest fame 2 subsidy inclusion

2 Likes

What a mess! I hope all the queries get answered properly.

6 Likes

I don’t think 450x will be always in warp. But default (eco or ride) mode. Specs says default mode with range of 145 KMs.

1 Like

I got my 450x just a week ago and I feel cheated to the tune of almost 20k rupees. Expected better from Ather in terms of compensating customers who bought the vehicle very recently without any knowledge of what was cooking behind the scenes. I now understand why the sale’s guy was in a hurry to sell the scooter to me.

16 Likes