Introducing our revamped product offerings | The Ather 450X and Pro Pack

10 to 12 hrs 250 watt charger its for overnight charging comes free with scooter from now on after latest fame 2 subsidy inclusion

2 Likes

What a mess! I hope all the queries get answered properly.

6 Likes

I don’t think 450x will be always in warp. But default (eco or ride) mode. Specs says default mode with range of 145 KMs.

1 Like

I got my 450x just a week ago and I feel cheated to the tune of almost 20k rupees. Expected better from Ather in terms of compensating customers who bought the vehicle very recently without any knowledge of what was cooking behind the scenes. I now understand why the sale’s guy was in a hurry to sell the scooter to me.

16 Likes

Ather dot too is 750 watt charger same like portable charger as they were providing before

2 Likes

Yes u can claim i dont think so its an offer its more or less like cost cutting feature they have made to include under fame 2 subsidy scheme

3 Likes

Depends on what charger they are providing now if they are providing slower charger that what we have got. then it will add up the cost of 20k more for them to purchase charger that we have got.

4 Likes

This is basically trying to say “ we’ve cut the prices of the Ather 450X because we think we can sell more. And we don’t want annoy the 450X buyers who just paid more for the same product “ :joy::sweat_smile:. This is a good thing for EV adoption tbh but very confusing tbh. What even is a default riding mode on the non pro pack Ather 450X.
A grayscale UI made me think that they’re finally cutting down on all the expensive hardware to give us a dulled down Ather but looking at the processor and the specs looks more like a software limitation. So this becomes the iPad 10th Gen of scooters pushing you to go for the Pro Pack but I genuinely like this proposition. Just wish they were a bit more transparent about the reasons behind this and how they’re able to pull it off. Been a while since we’ve had a forum AMA with all Ather employees answering a questions. Maybe it’s time for one. If not - I just have one simple question @abhishek.balaji and @tarun will the products be identical in terms of hardware and all the limitations are purely software ? Either way the Ather 450X without the Pro Pack seems like a good buy since at that price you’re competing with the iQube and Ola S1 3kWh and Ola S1 Air 4kWh. My mom currently uses my 3.5 yr old Ather 450 and she never uses different modes or maps or barely anything on the dash. All she wants is a reliable ev with good range to get her from one place to the other. If I ever replace that Ather for her. I would actually consider the 450X (without pro pack). Something tells me the pro pack might be available later on to buy for these buyers.

10 Likes

This makes no sense. You buy a pro plan product by giving then additional 30k and yet they bundle only standard charger which has low speed, and now you have to spend more to get a another charger that can charge faster, making the standard charger useless, why not provide the option to the user so that they can select what charger they want and don’t waste resources.

8 Likes

I’m guessing thats the case but then again, the new buyers will by default get the slower charger which I believe would be more portable to carry around. Hence, they have a free charger they can easily carry in their boot although the speeds are slow. It’s still a better deal than many got the day before.

2 Likes

Yes, all the modes will be disabled for the base variant. You will get a single mode to ride.

1 Like

It depends. If you have paid the total amount & the invoicing is done, you will be charged as per the old scheme

The 750W portable charger is easy to carry in the boot with a half faced helmet and few other things. It actually makes no sense to provide such a slow charger and not having access to the grid. Imagine waiting 12-15 hrs just to cover 10 odd kms. Its just ridiculous. Cost cutting could easily be done for other components like getting rid of the LCD display and giving a analog one just like iQube and regular headlights instead of LED ones.

6 Likes

Waiting to see what the default mode will look like and there is no themes also in the without pro pack scooter so should see what theme will be there on the scooter.

4 Likes

No access to grid is only for the basic 450x and not for the 450x with pro plan. So, you get a bundled slow charger but with access to fast charging via the Ather Grid network.

You won’t because cheaply they have removed park assist which is very essential

5 Likes

Say if I bought the 450x without pro pack. Can I just add the pro pack later?

4 Likes

I am talking about the non-pro variant. It will just not make sense since you cannot upgrade to the 750W charger

1 Like

I really doubt if this option will be provided by Ather. Better to spend on the pro variant and buy a portable/ Dot charger along with it

1 Like

Hey Abhishek, After going through this community discussion and your changed spec sheet like millions of times (haha) most of the confusions and doubts are gone. One last query: Does one have the option to buy 450x without pro pack at present and can upgrade to 450x pro later sometimes. Also will their be any option to opt for fast charger only without complete pro pack coz the website has combined price of fast charger + pro pack @ 30,364. If yes, kindly quote the price accordingly

3 Likes