Installing the Ather Dot

Great and good luck …wheeeee wheee start in hassan

Its already 17 day driving…every eye on my scooter…:grinning: already ride 300 kms consumed only 14.8 units of power thats equal to Rs 74 which means 0.24 pysa per KM.If i driven petrol scooter it cost around Rs 2.1 per KM which is qual to Rs 630

5 Likes

Got the dot installed today. The ather team was very professional and the installation was very clean. Very happy with the installation process​:grin::grin:.

Seeing the green light at the bottom of ather dot goes off now and then. when i press the reset button it comes back again. is it a sign of malfunction or some issue with the ather dot or is it getting into standby mode as a result of which the light is off. some one please explain.

1 Like

Have you experienced any power fluctuations? Looking at the Dot user manual, no light means there’s no power flow to the Dot. This could be because the line might have tripped or there’s no power to the Dot itself.

I stay near a small electricity board substation. I heard some one say that near sub station power fluctuations are usual and happens frequently. but there is another dot at my apartment. when i see my dot with green light off the other dot will be glowing with bright green. not sure what the problem is or the other dot is also turning off and the owner of the other dot is switching it on again. not sure about that. will observe the behavior for some days and report CS regarding it if the issue persists.

1 Like

Hi My Ather dot is showing a software update since morning that is almost 7-8 hours . Is it normal or should I do anything.

What is the light being shown on the Dot? Is your Dot connected to your scooter?

The Dot itself doesnt have connectivity built in, so it relies on your scooter for any updates. I’d recommend plugging in your scooter for sometime if there’s a pending update. if it’s showing the same status for too long, do reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

The light is orange

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Help convince our apartment association

Wanted to get clarified about this with other owners. Ather dot was installed on Tuesday and technician said BESCOM will not object not to worry, the same was expressed by local electrician. Now one of the BESCOM engineer called me and said we cannot put a line in the main line/board as it may become tampering of the metre. Please guide me, I have attached some pictures for your reference.

1 Like

This is my setup since March 2019 and not once has the BESCOM meter readers even bothered asking what that Green and Yellow wires are for.

Only if you tap a wire from the meter itself would it be tampering. Any tap done after the meter is not a problem.

3 Likes

Can you share the complete photo if possible, from where the wires have been connected, is it coming from behind the metre like mine ??

1 Like

I need to know dot installation process in case buildings/societies where all meters are situated in a meter/electrical room. How to draw wire from our meter in meter room upto the parking space? If anyone has done this, pls send some pictures too.

3 Likes

Here you go.

The wires are tapped from the output of my main MCB (after the meter) and routed via a PVC duct from underneath the meter box.

In fact you can see the WiFi switch too that sits on the left side of the box (first photo).

5 Likes

Thank you so much !!

Would be nice if anyone can share any information on such type of installation. I would have a similar issue.

Also, how does one protect the Dot from misuse? Like, my Dot would be installed in my building premises. Is there any function stopping anyone else other than me, from using my Dot charger? Does it need authentication? I haven’t seen any, from all the videos I’ve watched. Would appreciate some insights from users who stay in buildings, and have Dot installed in public parking spaces.

All Ather charging points. Irrespective of where theyre installed have an authentication procedure before starting to charge yh scooter. Your particular Ather dot charger will charge only and only your scooter. By default your dot will be linked to only your scooter. If you check your charger. The upper 4 links are for authentication only.

In case you’d like to let a friend charge at your dot, that is also possible. You’d have to send an email to Ather and they’d do it in a few hours. Basically it’s safe to install it in an open space. Won’t protect you from vandalism but will definitely protect you from energy theft.

4 Likes

That’s pretty awesome to know! Thanks @Suraj_madhu !

Now, gotta figure how I can stop the kids in the building from messing with the Dot haha!

1 Like

Need to buily a protective case of metal sheet or something. @TheHairMonster R u from Pune?