Installing the Ather Dot

Yes

2 Likes

Probably he too has a Husky like yours. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha ha ha… But, I have installed it a meter high and he don’t care though its reachable to him. His focus are to bite what’s on the floor (shoes and slippers) :joy::joy:

Today dot installed myself in my home

5 Likes

You have tied the charger cord, will it reach till the bike?

1 Like

My vehicle is not delivered take some time so I am taied the charging cord

1 Like

Heard some people say that the charging end is magnetic and it falls with mild touches. i would say it is better to unwind the cable completely and then wrap it over the DOT itself and then connect the end to the dot. so even though it falls off by accidental touch since we have wrapped it around the DOT there will not be any damage to the connector end.

1 Like

It’s not a magnetic connector on the DOT. It’s just a small piece of plastic (kind of a flat hook) which helps to hang the connector on place.

1 Like

ok bro. havent seen a dot yet. just posted as per other users comments in the forum.

1 Like

The older “Point” has a magnetic latch. I keep my cable wrapped around the point so that my dogs don’t chew it up. So far I’ve been lucky that they have zero interest in the alien looking point.

4 Likes

Power theft from the meter?? Hmm… need to think about it. Coz my sit installation is gonna get scheduled.

1 Like

To prevent power theft, I drew a line from my flat in the second floor to the parking slot. I have placed an MCB in my room. I switch on this whenever I need to charge. Else it’s off. This prevents power theft. I have a socket and switch arrangement in the parking lot. I can use this socket for various purposes like vacuum cleaning of my car, spray wash etc.i have gone for 2.5mm cables.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of power theft are you afraid of, in your own parking lot? Also, how long can it go unnoticed?

1 Like

my dot not showing any light but still charging.

Sir, I have installed a socket to which DOT is plugged into. I installed the socket for various uses. If power supply to the socket isn’t controlled anyone could connect appliances. This is what I meant by power theft. I stay in an apartment of 80 flats. So power theft is a possibility.

Your vehicle got back?In other comments,it showed that ur vehicle was being picked up due to shutdown problem.Its nice to hear that ur problem got solved.

1 Like

This is what we have done for our E2O+. Got it made by a carpenter. Lock it when not in use. Cheaper and simpler than drawing a line from higher floors. Also troubleshooting is easy.

2 Likes

Not yet. Yesterday it was picked up by the Road Side Assistance.

Looks good, Mr. Hemanth Anand

I too thought about it but could not get hold of a carpenter within the available time frame. I spent 2500/- to draw the line in conduit (from second floor) along with an MCB (in flat) and swich/socket (at parking lot).

1 Like

You need to do LED connection inside pod if not done so.

1 Like