Discussion on Accessories

Hi, has any one got his seat modifications (padding) done at chennai. If yes please DM me.

1 Like

Decided to tone down the glossy black on my Series 1 by getting the bike completely wrapped by the the 3M PPF Pro Series (Matte) from 3M Car Care in Koramangala. The result is a satin matte black finish.

Also decided to go for a cleaner look on the front panel and removed the red stripe (retained the 450X).

8 Likes

Our design team has only one question. …why?

17 Likes

Prefer the original design on the front panel :sweat_smile: and it’s the translucent panel I am looking forward to! Once that’s available, will switch back to the glossy finish :relaxed:

1 Like
  1. Beagle as your profile pic :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:!! Fist bump from a beagle parent!!
  2. A side by side pic of grey 450x and your vehicle will give a very good perspective.
1 Like

Hi @abhishek.balaji Hi, I see the previous Ather Dot was looking so amazing and futuristic than the dot that is currently available, the black one. It’s looking like something not smart compared to the Super smart Ather 450x S1. Is there by any chance that I could get the previous versions of the Ather dot ‘the white ones with LED’s on it like in the public charging stations’. Hope I could get hands on one. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Please Share Link For Tidy Tail

1 Like

Price? location? DM me

Cost of this Could you DM me

1 Like

Here you go - RA Accessories CNC Adjustable Tail Tidy with Number Plate Holder with LED for Yamaha R15 V3 (Black): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Do note, I’m still seeing if its a good mod. I don’t vouch for its feasibility in daily use.

5 Likes

Guys, this is a follow up… the tidy tail had miserably failed. :joy:

This started when i was riding today and usually I keep a very keen ear on my number plate falling off (just in case) Today, I heard that dreaded sound (thud-thud). I looked back and saw no number plate fallen. Confused, I headed home which was hardly 100 meters away. As soon as I reached home, I checked on the tail tidy, and it was shaking. After trying to tighten the screw a little, the thread itself starting to rotate along with the screw :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. So i removed the tidy tail completely with the help of plier.

That’s the thread from the plastic -

Reasons for this -

• Weight - Tidy tail is heavy. Period. And obviously the mounts couldn’t handle the jerks of bangalore.

So sadly, the mudguard is back, but with new number plate!

Will miss this look :sob::sob::arrow_down:

2 Likes

Oh no… :man_facepalming:

But any way at least you have changed that horrible HSRP plate.

4 Likes

Never seen this accesory on 450 yet. So thought I’ll share it here. SOURCE: https://twitter.com/munjalsavla/status/1356627955364093952?s=19 I just saw this on twitter. Nothing else, it’s not mine . I hate the that someone did this to their ather but well I guess it is what it is 🤦

4 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pillion footrest

Use studds full face helmet this is only 700 rs. Very comfort & weightless… Long drive fulll view Uploading: IMG_20210112_201144.jpg…

1 Like

can you please share address where this body guard will be readily available? tell me cost also

Hi Atherians I need suggestions to Protect the dashboard screen from the objects falling or flying like a coconut from tree or a cricket ball. Has anyone installed anything or got any cover?

1 Like

I don’t think even Gorilla glass victus will protect your dashboard from a coconut fall :neutral_face: You’ll need bullet proof glass for that sort of protection. Ather applies a 3M UV filter plastic screen protector. Some people put a glass tempered glass too from a 7-8inch tab but nothing for the functionality you are looking at.

4 Likes

The only protection against the above mentioned projectiles is insurance.

3 Likes

For the past few weeks I’ve noticed that my throttle has gotten sticky. I’ve had a similar issue before, when the throttle felt like it wasn’t smooth that was internal. But now the issue is external. It sticks to my palms. Especially when my palms are sweaty or it’s a really hot day. With summer coming up, I really wanted to get some nice gripper for my scooter. Last time. Ather changed my throttle assembly under warranty. @abhishek.balaji I wanted to know, if the warranty gets void if I use a gripped on top of my throttle. I understand that we shouldn’t park in direct sunlight and I don’t but the heat has started making my throttle sticky. If sometime in the future it again becomes less smooth as it did a few months back. ( And the new one has already started to revert to that) would ather say that because I put a grip on top of their throttle, that caused the rubber of the throttle to melt inside. All I’m asking is can I still put a gripper and retain warranty of the throttle assembly, which in all likelihood will need another replacement.

Also can anyone recommend some good grippers for the 450??

1 Like