Dot installation charges

Hey @alandkar, @arjun16.ne, @praveen26123

I understand your frustration with the installation charges, but as mentioned earlier, the Dot installation would be free only for the batch of Order IDs mentioned here. We had communicated the change in installation charges on the forum and through emails as well.

Standard installation for the Dot includes testing, commissioning, 5m of cabling, conduit fill & labor charge.

The final pricing, specifications and any promotions are what you see when making the full payment.

1 Like

This is not right
But yes u may say that the dot was introduced
At the time of August but it was still not launched and

We did the preorder when the dot was not officially out as a home charger neither at the website or at the store

Secondly no one told me about the dot going to be a charged for installation unless and until it was officially live

So how does it make justice to the preorders done even before all of this

Because at the time of my preorder at the experience center I was promised itā€™s all free of cost
Only if they use extra cable it will cost you having that in mind I have proceeded

This is definitely unfair

1 Like

And yes ather customer care is always clueless about anything we ask
Even the experience center
I really donā€™t know who to contact who to ask any query
Till date none of the officials have replied to any of my post
@abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Please elaborate on this over DM? Weā€™ll definitely take the feedback into account.

You are absolutely right!.

I believe consumer court is the answer for all these queries if Ather do not waive off installation charges for the Orders placed before launch of DOT charger!

I am not sure why they have customer care in place. I have called them several times for many queries. Only answer I get is WAIT. Basically it is a useless system, where not a single representative has any clue about whats going on in their company nor answers any queries with complete closure. Ather customer care is there just to console customers on late deliveries thats all. Why waste money on that useless customer care, better shutdown that customer care and save some money!

See this is Exactly what i told @abhishek.balaji there is no response from the Customer Care

I am not being rude I am Just letting you know what is happening
I have totally stopped Calling Customer Support

and yes Please do check on the DOT Installation charges Please

My order ID 14657 , order date: 11 Aug 2019 .

I repeat here again, I demand installation should be free for my order as DOT charger was not launched during my booking and original **POD charger (along with free installation with 20m cable) was one of the main reason for my order **. I am not interested in this new hideous looking DOT charger. Now you cannot change the policy overnight and impose charges for things which was not discussed during booking. This is clear violation of business terms & unethical practice. I am not sure how many hidden prices are there in upcoming process. Likewise, insurance was big surprise! Why donā€™t you just behave like a normal vehicle dealers & focus on smooth delivery & customer satisfaction.

What is the guarantee you will not change the prices & practices until the delivery of vehicle and there after for the services. This is highly not acceptable. Better I CANCEL this order and move on!

True! When they say itā€™s unfair to charge customers for installation for sep deliveries, howā€™s it fair to charge customers for other deliveries? This is beyond me, Iā€™m unable to comprehend this :sweat_smile: also they charge 2% for if you pay by card and they donā€™t have explanation for this also.

1 Like

How that justifies for my order which was on Aug 11, 2019 (Order ID 14657) ? DOT charger was not even launched or discussed or had no clue when I was booking my order and Ather has no right to charge for its installation when POD charger & its installation was included in the original offering!

I am holding off my payment and demand free installation for my order!

Ather should drop this price discrimination policy and waive-off on installation charges for all who have ordered before launch of DOT charger!

I am not going to pay extra money for removing a component out of vehicle and putting that on a DOT charger! That is your business decision not me. I am still OK if you provide me old POD charger with AC-to-DC converter on the vehicle, I am happy to carry 5kg additional weight on the vehicle!

As this post was moved by admin, FYI this reply was in response to comment by Hemant on waiving off few orders and charging few orders!

2 Likes

On Ather Dot installation charges:

Ather Dot is our new home charging point. The change comes from two factors: one, improving the overall ride dynamics of the scooter and two, incorporating the feedback from our first batch of owners, who had some valuable comments on the installation experience. You can know more about this change here:

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/internal-updates/290/21

Like any other manufacturer, such product evolution/changes/upgrades are inevitable for us. These are triggered either by customer needs or technological advancements. In such instances we make sure that you are aware of the change well in advance and well before you pay any non-refundable amount to confirm your pre-order.

Additionally, in this particular case of Ather Dot, we have also made the installation process much easier so that you can get it installed through any local electrician. Paid installation through Ather is optional.

Bottom line, waiver is not an option.

1 Like

" We are waiving off the installation charges for owners who were in the original Sepā€™19 batch in Bengaluru. All owners from this batch whoā€™ve already paid, donā€™t worry. Weā€™ll refund the amount."

I had ordered my Vehicle on August 8 2019 and received a Email regarding Ather Dot on 30th August 2019.

If at all I had received a mail regarding the same before the pre-order I would have paid the installation charges. Asking for extra money after going through all the details and pre-order is not a good practice in my opinion.

I had to pay the installation charges in-order to complete the payment.
I would like to know where I can apply and get the refund!

Called the customer care, They are telling that this is applicable only til Order ID 14400. It has been mentioned nowhere that there was a limit of Order ID like this (Please quote if available). If there is no intimation as such, I am entitled to get the refund for Ather Dot.

1 Like

Hey Uday,

The waiver was applicable for orders which had the original delivery timeline as September, since we had announced that the Dot changeover would be applicable for orders being delivered from October. We had clarified this earlier:

I have opted for self DOT installation , ā€¦ will there be complete installation guide with the DOT

1 Like