Discussion on moderation and flags

Someone has no work and just flagging all the posts unnecessarily

why would a mod have a personal issue with any forum member? AFAIK @raghav.srinivasan just wants everyone to stick with forum rules that’s it. but these days interaction from the users is less and complaints are more.

6 Likes

It’s not personal issue.

Here is the timeline -

A users makes random claim.

We ask him provide proof

The user tags Tarun to reply.

We ask him please answer our question instead of tagging tarun.

We all get flagged, but the user and his claims remains intact.

2 Likes

I suggest to be a bigger man and let it go. His claims are not that factual. But I still wonder if those flags were completely unnecessary. The discussion was sticking to the topic. Few posts of just photo replies should be acceptable as now most apps like Instagram are too accepting photos or gifs in reply. Hope Forum 2.0 can adhere to some major changes.

5 Likes

Stop flagging the posts @chef.arun7 you are not worth my time. Unless I am brainless and fallen off the tree. You can try and be a mature person. Or be a person who irritates others just to be shown.

3 Likes

Why he is allowed in the forum first of all. He himself claimed that he owned more than 1 account here.

1 Like

What?? Am i flagging the Posts :person_shrugging: Did you know I am doing :unamused: I don’t flag it untill unless it violates the Community Guidelines :+1:

Hi, Anbu - I own an Ather At First Point and I never Mentioned I have more than One Account - You have to Understand that First

My Prime Account got lost due to Data Swap and I opened Secondary Account. Now Both got Merged into One.

Currently I hold One Account in Forum Anbu

He is not blocked yet. But looking at this kind of behavior he should be. Flagging every single post. Making the workload 5x for the mods who spend very little time to actually check what is flagged and is it correctly flagged.

I wonder why not a warning is issued yet for his bold claim of me being brainless.

5 Likes

The moderation and content on the forum should be upheld to standards set in other similar automotive forums, vis-a-vis Team-BHP.

They have made very good guidelines regarding content in their forum here.

I enjoy Arun’s support for Ather in this enviornment where it’s been overwhelmingly negative in the recent months. But he, and all users of this forum should keep in mind to have a constructive discussion in every thread. Especially points (3), (5a), (5b), (6), (8) and definitely (15) of the Team-BHP Rules.

This forum is a great place for discussion of EVs beyond Ather in India. It would be a shame if the content policy is lenient.

Ather shouldn’t keep announcements and software updates for “a particular date” (Community Day), when software is meant to be iterative. Doesn’t make sense paying our subscription for its development otherwise.

4 Likes

We’ve had this discussion before and decided not to go the TeamBHP way because we felt it was too restrictive. But if a significant portion of active forum users feel it would benefit the community, I see no reason why we shouldn’t reconsider that decision.

3 Likes

Looks like this was on Twitter. If you can flag any personal attacks on the forum, please do and we will take action.

1 Like

Bro I support Ather and Oppose them on the Negatives Issues on X formerly Twitter

I agree, I am a Fan Boy for Ather 450 Platform - Definitely Not for Ather Energy Pvt. Ltd

I never been on Team BHP Forum, But Respecting Your Words I will read their Mentioned T&Cs - Then I will Update you here about my POV of the TCs

Agreed as a User But Corporates will take their Own Decisions na :face_with_peeking_eye:

Continuing the discussion from Discussion on moderation and flags:

See Flagging is not my Job. I am not flagging every Post :thinking:

Because That’s X formerly Twitter not on Ather Forum

I hope so, He is claiming me flagging all the Posts Raghav!! Is it my Job or What :thinking:

Moreover these People filing false allegations on me. Even Anbu claiming I have Two Forum Accounts is a False Allegation @moderators

Also I would like mention, Why People really bother about my name. If My Posts and Replies are not good - They can avoid me na. There is an Option to Silent My Profile.

God knows What

This is not an accusation, but an observation/assumption.

The flags became more common, when you became active here. Earlier we used to have similar convo but it was okay and no one used to get flagged, also as most posts that are getting flagged are critical to Ather, people are connecting the dots.

DISCLAIMER - IT IS AN ASSUMPTION NOT ACCUSATION.

3 Likes

See Arnab, I am not here for anyone’s assumption btw If Its violating the Guidelines Team will remove the Content or else They wont care about the Flags

Maybe They violating the T&Cs of Ather Forum, If Someone is Talking Right here No one will flag or remove the Content

See What If I point someone and say, He is doing all the Flags and Making me wrong :thinking:

I am not here for anyone’s Assumption Btw

Haha one person’s right is another person’s wrong. It’s subjective depending on the POV. How much ever we discuss on th negatives or the positives of th company or the scooters, the company will do things for its profits and not for fans or people. Even if they consider any suggestions or recommends or requests, if that’s benefitting them, they will surely consider depending on their priorities… Just like the way company considers what’s benefitting for them and ignores what’s not, we have many other serious topics in life to discuss rather investing our time in topics which may not be heard.

2 Likes

Exactly Brother, I have decided that and Not take anything from here as a Serious Thing to Discuss

If It is Valid to give my Input - I do or else I will just pass the Post :green_heart::vulcan_salute:

Im also facing same issue 4 flags in 1 day why I really don’t i thought it would be my mistake but reason was instead of making 1 comments I made 2 and they flagged me I think they kind of banned me as I was not able to reply to any topics then after 1 day my account got normal.

Why this is not flagged as off topic I was adding one reply saying your Ather needs wash reply got flagged how I don’t know there system are not working properly I think.

People are playing flag game here. This is Why I requested not to allow member level and below to flag. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like