Discussion on moderation and flags

None of comments has been abusive fyi. But they got flagged as abusive :man_shrugging:t2:

Comments are not flagged due to abuse, they are flagged for spam / wrong category/ or wrong thread. In the most likely scenario if you still think the posts are wrongly flagged you can edit the comment before it gets removed and or delete it and post it in the right topic.

For example this one was flagged as abusive and inappropriate… judge yourself

I can’t edit my comment.

1 Like

Guess they Flag sarcasm too

I think they can ship warp+ without 100kmph speed to the current vehicles on road, since the acceleration wont be mentioned on any homologation document

1 Like

Thinking is not allowed in Ather forum.

this guy can’t even catch a break. @arnab. keep commenting nobody can silence it. @abhishek.balaji I think in the previous settings hidden comments were viewable by level 3 and above. why it got changed?

the best 10 year anniversary they could have celebrated is by giving the customers, warp+ for free. of course they would say controller is not supported or the homologation. I wonder how OLA is able to coup all this .

I wonder if homologation is a problem(really) then how did they shipped gen 1 with only 2 ride modes and later on ECO mode was added.

12 Likes

They think they can silence me lol. They can’t. Unless they ban me.

4 Likes

You will go down in Ather history, the unstoppable man, who cannot be silenced, speaker of truth :joy:

Keep breaking records, and yes flaging a post should still be readable by level 3+.

4 Likes

Lost my level 3 when gen 4 came hehe.

2 Likes

okay. so now we can discuss what can be flagged and what should not. The first point should be who should flag. I mean levels 0-2 should not be able to flag at all. If level 3 flags. it should be visible only to other level 3 users. and can be unflagged by them, bringing down the burden of mods and super users.

8 Likes

Oh arnab kiya hoga tumhara :pinched_fingers: Thnks for putting up the full homologous issue

I guess cause eco is within the max power limits and speed registered with homologation.

1 Like

Exactly. Some sheeps who can’t tolerate anything against Ather is flagging any post that is remotely against Ather. (Hint the post started getting flagged from last week)

That’s shouldn’t be allowed. Because, you can’t keep the company accountable if you can’t critisise them.

Also what I have noticed in 50 flags in a week is mods always prefer to delete it rather than taking a call of it should be flagged or not.

7 Likes

Agreed, they should definitely allow Trust Level 3 members to see the flagged posts like before.

Perhaps also have some new Level 4 members, who can take judgements on the flagged ones and which are not in-topic?

2 Likes

So this post got flagged - I don’t know why because there is nothing abusive or irrelevant about it.

A lot of posts flagged - as far as I remember- were in the wrong category/topic or were non value adding, eg: “yes I to felt the same” etc.

What we would like is users to be more elaborate and add more points to the discussion, while still keeping it on topic. If it veers off, then someone flags it and we either hide (cos it’s not relevant) or move to the appropriate thread.

3 Likes

All users should be able to flag if they find inappropriate content. I don’t believe this should be restricted.

We would however prefer to educate any user that is excessively flagging content, even if the content does not violate guidelines.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: 450 (Gen 1 & 1.5) - Smart Eco update

Appreciating Ather won’t be banned or flagged irrespective of topic / wrong category / wrong thread

Just to point out if u tap the vin thing u can see they have that option of switchgear so any clue on that thing ?

Sadly the post has been removed from Twitter