Deliveries: Bengaluru

Had a call with the customer care, they are saying I might get my Vehicle by 10th of Nov now !
Such a horrible experience even after payment

I have been calling the customer care almost once in 2 days asking for an update and day before yesterday they told me that by 8th November pre order IDs till 15000 will be open.
I asked them twice whether it is confirmed or not.
They told it is confirmed and today when i ask it to an executive on whatsapp, that person is like it is tentative but they expect it in this week

Just read the two flagged post of mine before this if u can. U might get answer and u will know that they are lying.

I got response like 3 days back that it’s open till 13700. Now who is giving false information here?

I read it just before it got flagged.
My order id is near yours only and i am waiting so anxiously to get the scooter but i am extremely disappointed with the ather team.
I feel weird calling them again and again but what to dl these people are delaying it so much.
@punithklk79 already paid and he has to wait for another week. That is even more disappointing.
@abhishek.balaji Please note down these things
I personally feel that when a customer who has trusted you and is buying a product from you is waiting and all you do is make them wait even more and disappoint them.
This is absolutely not the way you treat your customers at all.
Moreover i was about to get the scooter delivered in September and the pod was free of cost. Now they are charging 1800/- from us which is absolutely wrong.
Because of your fault we should wait for 4 months and you tell you will charge 1800/-
Is that right??

2 Likes

Feedback noted.

We’ve posted an update on the Dot installation here:

1 Like

I’m not clear about your issue Bharath. Let me know over DM?

U told it will be open till 13760 on 22nd October. And 3 days back i got response its open till only 13700. Now who is giving correct information? and also @duggujain12 Received response from your team that 15000 by 8th November. Can u care to throw some light on the current situation?

We’ve opened full payments till 13760, as mentioned in the previous post.

We will announce as we open full payments for more order IDs here.

The customer support team told me that i will be chargeable
Why is that misleading information provided

Thanks for flagging that, will get that looked into.

When can we expect the payment gateway option??

Soon :slight_smile:

Will share an update when we open.

When will it be open??
Like a time line

This they are not gonna answer. Their team is expert in vague answers all the time.

1 Like

“That’s definitely not the experience we want our customers to have.” The last time I called Ather CC, the CC member used the same sentence just before ending call. I thought the sentence was his own. After seeing @s.bharath.shenoy tweet, I realise, even the sentence is a standard response that they are trained to say!! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

My order number is 13734 and payment window opened on 22nd Oct. I paid in full and vehicle was delivered on 2nd Nov.

3 Likes

when will the payment open for order id 13906, have been waiting for long, one communication was saying payment window will open during 1st or 2nd week of November

Putting pressure may yield answers, and that’s good for accountability, but in the very first place, such extremely unrealistic delivery dates should not have been given. They knew that they were going to launch in Chennai, and they knew that half the vehicles would be diverted to Chennai, and they went ahead and entered the Chennai market without suitably scaling up their production to meet the demand from both the markets. I don’t know who in your team is responsible for logistics, and who in your team thought it was a good idea to piss off hundreds of people by making them wait 3+ months beyond their expected delivery. Did you guys not think this would come back to bite you? So much negativity caused due to this whole incident, and it could have been avoided if proper scaling up was done before entering a new market. In the end, this hurts your brand image, and now there are hundreds of passionate EV lovers who have a bad taste in their mouth, who will most likely never recommend an Ather to another person. The whole reason why you guys are in the position you are in now is due to word of mouth, and that’s now being tarnished.

I get that this is a startup, and inexperience leads to woes, but how did nobody predict that this could happen?

I do wish the best for you guys, and I will still end up purchasing my preorder Ather, but this was just a very poorly planned and managed delivery process.

The same can be said about a bunch of other things, where proper planning was either not executed or was ignored/compromised, like when designing the dashboard system, did nobody think to make the networking module modular, preparing for a network change?

Everything is just disappointing honestly. If we could get some information on whether Ather would even be ABLE to migrate to 4G in their dashboard, that would help mitigate the buyers remorse. I really don’t want my scooter becoming a dumb EV with no smart features in a year, when I paid a substantial premium to get it in the first place.

2 Likes

so cool! atleast someone got their handson the vehicle early.