Deliveries: Bengaluru

My order number is 13734 and payment window opened on 22nd Oct. I paid in full and vehicle was delivered on 2nd Nov.

3 Likes

when will the payment open for order id 13906, have been waiting for long, one communication was saying payment window will open during 1st or 2nd week of November

so cool! atleast someone got their handson the vehicle early.

True :joy:

@abhishek.balaji FYI. I would strongly suggest this be fed back and incorporated in email notifications so that future customers add the ather account in advance and are prepared. This is just experience.

Feedback taken, Nikhil. We’re working on making the order process more transparent, and sharing more accurate timelines for deliveries.

We had a quality issue back in September, due to which we had to pause production for some time. This has led to a cascading delay in order delivery timelines. We had shared an update about the same here: Internal Updates - #22 by Shreyas

Rest assured, production is on track as of now and we’ll communicate proactively if anything changes.

On the dashboard, we’ve clarified that Vodafone has no plans of shutting down the 3G network anytime soon. We cannot promise anything until there is a reliable and concrete solution developed. We’ve clarified this as well: What is Ather's plan to move from 3G to 4G in 450 for connectivity?

In this regard, we’ll share an update soon as well.

1 Like

Feedback noted. I’ll pass this on to the team.

We’ve previously had a discussion on payment gateway charges here: Why are there extra charges required to be paid for card/netbanking transactions?

Hey everyone,

We’re opening full payments for the batch of order IDs 13758-14343 today. And as we had promised, the installation charges for Ather Dot will stay waived off even for this batch! Please check your inbox for the link to complete the payment.

To ensure better communication around orders, we’ll be creating monthly threads going forward. Check this thread for more updates:

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/november-deliveries-bengaluru/4036/3

2 Likes

When is the batch opening??

It’s already open :smile:

When is the next batch opening??*

TL;DR : My review, it was a sub par experience of buying an Ather, because it has eaten a lot of my time (check my Forum stats), CS calls and such messages. All this has been very time and energy consuming !

Some suggestions from my side also and an honest review of my experience of buying an Ather.

  • one thing which would help is if you guys give a proper timeline considering the buffer of errors and supply chain issues. Lets say if you guys have initially given me the timeline as Nov while ordering in July, I would just not talk until November, and if Ather was able to deliver before, I would be more than happy. Just because my timeline gets delayed everytime, I get more and more unhappy

  • Another thing is that proper communication is needed between your support and other teams, because in my case the two weeks reply which the CS team gives is literally 2 months. In my current situation * Ather doesn’t know if RTO process has started, because they blame it on Autovert saying they are the owner * Autovert says Ather has to update them regarding the status - who else should I ask now ? And CS team always blames it on Sales team, i am not sure how is sales team concerned but I don’t need to know whose job it is, I need answers to my queries.

  • And this delay in deliveries and communication has left me no answers to people who ask me everyday. Its kind of fun for other people now, because I talked so high of Ather initially when I ordered. All my family, colleagues, friends say ā€œNin Ather baralla biduā€ (Your Ather wont arrive). I personally won’t take offence for all these(it’s also fun for me), but it surely created an image about Ather in their minds.

  • Lastly, there were 2 of my friends who were waiting me to get Ather and based on my review they were gonna buy one. Now, seeing this both of them got some other bike. So you also lost some genuine buyers.

I personally understand that a lot of hard work and thinking has gone to build this scooter, but due to these issues all the hard work and efforts are going in vain.

My experience of buying a TVS Jupiter was far better, as they went an extra mile to register my vehicle in just 1 day (maybe they have some connections in RTO) because of Dasara festival and the vehicle was delivered exactly on the festival day. Obviously I am not comparing the size of the companies as there is a huge difference, but sometimes you need to go an extra mile is what I am saying.

People who have a spare vehicle with them can still order, I sold my current vehicle in August thinking I will get this in September. But, people who were thinking of buying an Ather for their urgent two wheeler requirement, better wait until these issues are sorted.

All the amazing experience Ather advertised did not work with me and I think there needs to be more empathy towards customers !!

8 Likes

Please check your mailbox. You would have received payment window mail.
Mine was a hassle free delivery process once I paid in full.

3 Likes

When we have an update, we will share info. The delivery timelines on your dashboard are accurate.

The dashboard shows oct-nov and nothing else

@abhishek.balaji
Just a moment taken to appreciate you
I have been observing you from a pre owner to owner and now a part of ather team
Have seen almost all your posts

I have been having a very bad experience with ather from the time I have pre ordered it specially from the customer support side

And technically too many complaints on the vehicle

Many times i wanted to cancel it
As its delaying a lot
Its already been 2 months my order ID 15578

The only reason y I still haven’t cancelled it is because of your response and replies to us customers

Thank you

10 Likes

You didnt reply to my text

It’s in the next batch, so expect by end of this week or early next week. I don’t have an exact date yet.

Thank you for the update

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: November '19 Deliveries: Bengaluru