Dashboard

Did it work? It’s a known bug, the upcoming OTA 10.0.2 has a few changes to fix this.

The new update brought a new bug, I don’t know if it’s the same with others. When I accelerate and stop the dashboard automatically goes to maps, this happens repeatedly and every single time. I have to ride with maps on even though I don’t need it on the screen. Please help.

1 Like

Can you share an image or a video of this happening? Please record only when it’s safe to do so. Would like to understand the exact issue.

Here is a link to my video that I just uploaded to YouTube because I can’t sent it here, please do have a look.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time! Have reported this to the team.

I urge the Ather Team to think about upgrading the dashboard of 450 to a similar one of 450X for a faster and smooth response. I hope the owners wouldn’t mind if u guys cost us this upgrade at a reasonable price

I don’t think so the Dashboard unit will be compatible with the 450s unit, they both may share the same body, but the internal hardware is completely different

1 Like

Well I guess it might be possible because you know all in the end it just needs some programming and coding to be done.

If maybe they share the same body and everything ,maybe we could trade in the dashboard of the 450X to the 450 at some price. Would like to know if it’s possible @abhishek.balaji

Ather 450 plus is almost the same of what this request is about. @ramojiratnaprakash

I said almost because there are little bit of upgrades compared to 450 other than dashboard & connectivity (if I am not wrong) like motor and other stuff. But 450 plus is more or less an android version of 450.

These days I use my Ather 450 very little taking it for short rides once in 10 days or so. But, almost every time I use it I observe one of these issues without fail.

1. Screen won’t turn ON
  2. Indicator Switches won’t work
  3. Screen will freeze for long time

Obviously all these starts working after a soft reset. But, I feel this is being taken for granted and not being focussed.

On Friday night, we were on emergency and I had to follow the ambulance. Screen did not turn ON and indicators did not work and I had no idea of charge left.

I had no time to do soft reset (and I actually forgot the shortcut keys also).

Next day morning, when starting from hospital - I went to check the battery left to see if I can reach home or not. I did not even turn ON the key but when tapped on screen, it showed battery % on screen as if it is being charged. But, actually it looks SOC was lower than what was on screen (which was frozen long back). In hindsight, I realise charging screen progress bar should have given me a hint that it is wrong SOC.

Fortunately, I just had to cover 5+ kms and reached without any issues. But, things like these may seem trivial but these are basic and necessary information where one should be able to rely on.

Ather Team, Just because vehicle can turn ON without dashboard working or soft-reset will make it work is not an ideal solution. Please work on fixing these with higher priority.

10 Likes

Hey @abhishek.balaji just noticed a small bug in the ather 450 dash or maybe that’s how it’s designed I took a photo of the dash, thankfully so I can actually show you proof of it happening.

This image is at 2:22 as you can see my ODO is at 9545.9 Km and trip A at 50.1 Km Another image at 2:23PM with Trip A at 50.3 Km I was regenerating down a slope and the screen froze. I tried a normal key off and everything. Didn’t work. So did a hard reset and it worked but after the reset this was the reading on my dash this is at 2:25PM looks like with the reset my dashboard forgot the last 5 minutes worth of ride. My ODO actually decreased to 9545.8 Km. I’m assuming this is how the dash is designed. This post is just in case it wasn’t.

5 Likes

!

Idk why all of the sudden it detected changer and asking me to switch of the Scotter. Probably it might be a bug.

1 Like

The wireless charger might have become active!

9 Likes

Lol…charging on the Go!

:joy: :joy: lets bring that person forward who once asked for wireless charging as a feature. Man you got your request implemented. Haha

1 Like

Today morning, I charged my 450 up to 80% and switched off power supply using the MCB in my flat on the second floor. This is how I do always. This MCB powers up the Dot in the parking slot. As I neared the scooter, I found that that the display was on and status being shown was “Charging 80%”. I double checked if the Dot was on by any chance. It wasn’t. Appears to be a malfunction or a bug. Ather, please check. Thanks…

Please do raise a ticket via the app if you want this checked… The forum isn’t tracked for issues like these.

1 Like

Hi @abhishek.balaji I have sent email related to screen turning yellow and burn in a square shape. The reference number for this thread for future reference is 117127 is the email response I have got. When can I have this rectified.

Im sure im not the only one here having this issue. Scooter is mostly in the shade and never in direct Sun exposoture. Let me know how to get this rectified.

1 Like

There were a large number of 450s with defective screens that would end up like this - including the one on my old 450. They should not deteriorate even under direct sunlight and sustained rain. They qualify for warranty replacement.

1 Like

Yes and all of them got a UV protection 3M film on it. I have one on mine and I park in sunlight a bit and nothijjg has happened to my dash.