Dashboard

Mine had a bubble in it in addition to discoloration. Not sure if the bubble was because of UV.

Idk if the new update changed something but I thought i’d never see 39% on my dash ever. 450X owners won’t understand it. But the old 450s never showed 99,89,79…

9 Likes

Hey people, after the update park assist doesn’t get activate by pressing both brakes+ pressing indicator + self start, has the combination been changed.

And one more thing I had a indicator issue where it’s immediately stops as soon as I start the indicator or stops at even before a take a turn. After the new update, this seems to have stopped but it seems because turn detection has been disabled so I have to manually switch of my indicator

Link to my indicator issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eNAAwgz7v-A_LAa099htEmQA1bAP3BZm/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji Can’t see documents updated on scooter Documents have been uploaded on ather app on my phone but can’t see them on scooter this issues persisted in old app version as well Please sort it out

For me it has never worked, everytime I select my documents from gallery nothing happens. No successful/fail popup it’s just remains empty with a box with a plus sign

1 Like

I have problem in my vehicle dashboard - “which does not show percentage of battery charged” Does anyone faced similar problem? I have already shutdown and started dashboard or reset as well.

1 Like

Have you tried shutting down and restarting your 450? Couple of times, I too had this issue but then it is most likely software glitch.

1 Like

@rajeshkav thanks for the response sir. I have tried multiple times but no luck. I will retry few more attempts.

This is unusual in a 450. I think it’s time for you to book a service request and have Ather look into it.

Thanks for the suggestion @raghav.srinivasan As @rajeshkav sir told seems to be software clitch which got auto recovered after 3 days.

1 Like

what on earth are going on here🤯

1 Like

Now is every problem solve bro? Now recently are you facing any issues bro?

1 Like

Is there a way to automatically reset the trip meter 2 every time I unplug the charger? The intent is to know the exact distance covered per charge (irrespective of charging% when plugging in or plugging out the charger).

2 Likes

Right now there is no option as such in dashboard, but the app does store ride usage along with your monthly log you can calculate the distance you covered with the charge

Please add vehicle electricity consumption in dashboard or the app. It will help us reduce consumption in the end of month to maintaining ev bill.

1 Like

Alright. Here are my observations of the dashboard after riding 221 kms (Bombay to Pune):

Observations:

• it works just absolutely great when the weather is pleasant. I had absolutely no navigation resets, dashboard restarts or abnormal fan noise for 60 kms from Khandala to Pune. It was in the evening & the temperature would have been around 22-25 degrees.
  • it was super annoying in the afternoon when it was warmer. The dashboard was super warm & it kept restarting & navigation kept dieing on me. I must have counted 6-8 times & then I just gave up. I asked random people for directions & ended up wasting lot of time. This was for 80kms from Mulund to Khandala
  • the fan kicks in at higher speeds but IMO it should kick in when the temperature gets warmer. Because in the evening, there was no point to keep it running randomly.

So, if somehow we/Ather can manage to keep the dashboard cool, the overall experience will be sooo much better & peaceful.

Workaround/solution: I am thinking of adding some kind of shade over the dashboard & hope that helps. May be Ather can think of better options to keep the thing cooler OR install a more expensive tablet with better thermal management. Some of us will be okay to pay more for the upgrade.

Any ideas guys to keep the dashboard cooler? Any DIY ideas? :blush:

How about tinted windshield guys? Any suggestions?

3 Likes

This is a very interesting observation. I definitely need to perform some tests to see if I can recreate the same results. Problem with Bangalore is no one knows what’s happening with the weather :joy:

If it turns out that dashboard cooling can solve a lot of these problems then maybe as you said Ather can upgrade to a better module (highly unlikely) or introduce some type of active liquid cooling along with the fan. It would be worthwhile considering they are launching in very hot cities like Jaipur, Chennai etc.

6 Likes

An observation which I have made -

When the scooter is parked in the sun, the fan runs in background, irrespective if the scooter is on or off. Maybe its all temperature activated, purely!

The fans goes nuts if its hot, just like @rajkumar.mishra2010 ’s experience

6 Likes

@ather My 450x dash board reboot automatically while riding. Maps is not working properly. Dashboard resetting has been done but same issue.

3 Likes

Sir, not to worry, this is a known bug that will hopefully be fixed in the next update.

2 Likes