[Closed] AMA - 2, Saturday 1 February

Maybe Rs:- 5300 and portable fast charger in the future

1 Like

Ok. Just 2 mins moreā€¦ Just one question

Can you tell me the count of pre ordered customers you lost due to one wrong unveil ?

Hope you donā€™t do that way again.

3 Likes

The payment window for my 450(16955) is open and I just wanted more information regarding 450X exit plans before I decide. How long can I hold onto the 450 preorder?

1 Like

Hey ksrivats, There are several such comparisons that are available on the 450X discussion thread done by various people. And while we genuinely believe that it is like comparing Apples and Apricots, we know people will do it.

The reason why we built the 450 or the 450X was that we wanted to built a scooter that was leagues apart from what ā€˜conventionalā€™ vehicles did. The 450 did it quite well and with the 450X, weā€™ve raised the benchmark unbelievably high for every scooter maker -petrol or EV. It for the first time in the history that the best scooter in the country is an Electric vehicle. Be it Performance, Convenience, Safety, Technology or , most importatly, Intelligence, there in no other scooter that does it all as well as the 450X today.

Still, we wanted to make sure that this product remains accessible for as many people as possible. the only thing is that we cannot price this beautiful product at a lesser price (Iā€™ve explained the reason behind this here [Closed] AMA - 2, Saturday 1 February - #108)

So, weā€™ve tried to keep the upfront price almost the same as a ā€˜conventionalā€™ scooter and the subscription price almost at the price of the petrol of a ā€˜conventionalā€™ vehicle. All this, so that we can make our ā€˜unconventionalā€™ product accessible to as many people as possible.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Since there is not concept of reimbursing home charging costs, is it possible for me to offer my ather dot as a community charging point? Pretty please, I donā€™t mind bearing the electricity costs.

1 Like

These features need us work on continous development of updates, and maintain cloud infrastructure to support these features - which we will not be able to do without the AtherConnect plan.

1 Like

Yes, we are working on full vehicle plans for the 450x too.

We will announce the details in the following communications.

Will all the 450 pre orders done till date be delivered

Guys ?

Even if that number was 1, it would hurt us Harsha. Having said that, I dont think we will be able to talk about the exact number(s).

1 Like

We will be asking you to pay the on road price only close to delivery. So need not worry on this.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a tricky one aniket. Exchange obviously wonā€™t be a problem. About the possibility of getting you a Collectorā€™s Edition vehicle several months after the start of deliveries, we might be able to get you one but frankly, weā€™re not 100% sure at this point.

1 Like

What will be the cost of the Bluetooth helmet?

2 Likes

Hey how long can I hold onto my 450X collectors edition booking ID? In case I want to upgrade my scooter say 2-3 years down the lane and I have a collectors edition booking. Can I push it to then to get a collectors edition scooter ?

450x ather grid will upgrade with new ones or its an update with the existing ones ( Bangalore & chennai)

The Collectorā€™s Edition will be designed on the theme of ā€˜Inside Outā€™. The looks of the vehicle will be different and there could be other things complementing the theme ā€˜Inside Outā€™ as well. This may not include new exclusive features. We will announce more details soon via email or on the website.

1 Like

The home charger unit ā€œAtherDotā€ is already included in the 1.49 lacs price.

However, the portable charger will be over and above this. The Portable charger cost will be announced in the coming months.

1 Like

Ok. I understand. We are with Ather. Please donā€™t do this way again.

Also please think about affordability of your customers who like Ather.

Pre-order will not expire and can be cancelled anytime before making full payment. Once we are ready with your vehicle, we will intimate you to make the full payment. We will give you sufficient time for making the payment (currently for 450, it is 14 days)

2 Likes