Clarification Regarding Regen and ESS

It is three years.

2 Likes

If you run this on sports, you will get better efficiency and hence better range.

3 Likes

6 Likes

June and July cursed month or what ?

2 Likes

I purchased on 31st July. Feel my pain :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

9 Likes

Although I have very little hope of this happening.

Vote here -

5 Likes

Nowadays we recommend scooter with this.

9 Likes

Still recommending :sweat_smile:

I informed everything, after that it’s their call to decide.

1 Like

You can suggest River Indie if the person is from Bangalore. I hear lot of positive about River.

Yeah the river is one of the practical 2w I have seen.

Sad they are college student need little bit sporty look and river is not in Bhubaneshwar.

Ok anyone actually try out the scootys with coasting regen. I thought I really missed it. was really actively on this page too screaming about the lack of the feature. until I tried it. I felt like the acceleration is a little more muted and finessed. feels more idk elegant. but if u like the pushed back in ur seat thrill that’s gone from all the modes. linear power delivery. I think it’s a mixed bag. but the coasting Regen was not to my liking. it’s way to aggressive and u really feel it. I normally gain some speed and then just coast and let the bike do its thing. in this one you can’t really do that. if you want to continue going forward you need to keep the throttle engaged. it’s very close to one pedal driving. which I honestly found not for me. so post testing it I’m feeling a lot better then before.

Also I like current shortcuts and I think they’re really useful. maybe the new button layout might appeal to new riders. but I like the simplicity of the og. I think they’re overrated and are complicating the interface. I have never felt during a ride wish the brightness was higher and I don’t think u can start navigation or do anything u actually might want to do mid drive using the joystick. the only feature from the current gen I really might want is the ESS. makes the scooty feel premium.

5 Likes

Coasting Regen is term used by Ather which is same as Active regen in OLA which is present from gen 1 in their scooters , now I do agree with you that these regen things are just gimmick and create fomo among riders , Regen is genuine in 4 wheelers but in 2 wheelers regen will actually reduce your efficiency and they say they charge up the battery but u won’t find 1% increment in battery percentage in day to day usage , may be u gain some if you are coming downhill for 10kms or more , OLA in recent Move OS 4.0 have given option to cut off regen if you want and can use force regen by reverse throttle , they came to know that active Regen is actually causing the range to drop so now they gave the option to disable it ,

2 Likes

Which scooter did you try out? 450S ?

Yes, the 450s pro pack. The 450x doesn’t have the new features yet I think

450s is a dim down version of 450x. All the reviewers said that the acceleration profile is less compared to 450X. Bike performance had nothing to do with Regen. My point is just like Ola you need to have 3 Regen level and a option to turn it off.

4 Likes

One reason Ather regen isnt strong because of pulley system It may increase torque but also increases power loss.Thats why ola have low torque

450X 2.9 has and it’s out for sale

That would be the best… let’s see if they implement it

Comments on the recent Instagram reel about ESS mentions ESS coming to older scooters:

This would be great PR if true!

7 Likes