Charging at Ather Grid

Free until March 2021

2 Likes

I’m facing slow charging issues at grid.

Yesterday I plugged at grid for an hour and it charged only 10%

I tried at two grids for the same time and got similar results

35-45 in first grid 41-54 in second grid

I plugged at 7% around 2:15 PM today and charging is too slow :unamused:

22% in next 80 mins

I’m dependent on grid till Christmas because my socket at parking is locked and keys are with landlord who will return after Christmas :disappointed:

2 Likes

Make sure to report it via the app, they usually get to fixing such issues within a day or two post raising a ticket.

2 Likes

Known issue, the Grid team is already on it and will get it resolved. I’d hate to say soon again, but don’t have an exact timeline on this.

1 Like

I thought of posting this idea I thought as a suggestion to Ather team regarding non-availability of charging port because it’s already occupied. I donno if the charging grid has the sufficient hardware to implement this, but still Ather team can give a thought about this.

So what I thought was if the charging hardware has an extra spare input that can be connected to a push button, the person who is waiting can press the button to notify the owner who has currently put the Ather for charging at grid.

The owner gets a notification on the app whether he can accept the request or reject the request (but will be able to charge until 70% or whatever threshold you can set). If it is already charged more than 80% just notify and unlock the charger.

If rejected show on dashboard the time left to charge till threshold. If the person is okay with the wait time then he can wait and unplug after that time. Or if he’s not okay he can leave, then if the charger is not unplug for 60s it can continue the charging process.

If the owner does not respond after 3 or 5 minutes, then unlock the charger if vehicle charge exceeds a threshold.

I think this will be a win-win situation for everyone.

This was one of the serious topics discussed after the group ride in Bengaluru :smile: . Hope this thought of mine helps in some way or may be future Ather grid hardware if the current one does not support.

3 Likes

From another topic by Now we need not wait for other Ather owner even if the scooter is charged till 100%.

As far as for 450 this feature will be rolled out as an OTA in coming months

This feature is given only at 100% because generally those who want a quick charge and leave will stay at the charger only but only those who need to charge fully only will leave it and go. Also its is due to safety concerns. At 100% charge the charger actually cuts off hence it is safe even it is unlocked.

2 Likes

One of the grid points in electronics city again not working. @abhishek.balaji . Please tag this issue to technical team

1 Like

As clarified before, use the “Report an issue” option on the app to raise a ticket for this issue.

3 Likes

I know. But one of the main concern is that after 80% it’ll take more than an hour to charge till 100%. So just wanted to through some alternative suggestion to Ather team so they can come up with a solution with the existing grid if possible or may be in the future.

The biggest advantage of owning an ather is its facilitates power and charging

Making use of sports mode is very inconvenient today because of the unavailability of public charging points makes it very difficult I love traveling and I love the sports mode but this

If points are always full what’s the difference between ather and any other EV We have to end up riding it slow to maximize range And riding slow is not always an option when u have to get to places soon

Today. A 450x was at 100% and the owner never came to remove it I had to go to hennur from Sankey tank and I waited at natures basket charging point for 30 min and I had to go back home without going to hennur because I did not have the range to reach and come back And I had to go to the hospital I went back home and got my access 125 which got the job done for me.

You all might say it will disconnect after 100% but sadly it did not Could not commute on time with a vehicle What’s the purpose of a vehicle if it’s not there when u need it in an emergence

Add images

3 Likes

But as @abhishek.balaji announce in community earlier for 450x and 450plus if vehicle is fully charged (till 100%) we can remove charger no need to wait for owner and this feature is available immediately.

So ather has to clarify on this why not disconnected

1 Like

@kumar.uppaluri2

Yes. 450x has that feature out of the factory so he should be able to pull out charger at 6pm as it would have reached 100% approx

Yes it did not @kumar.uppaluri2 @HarshaVardhan

May be it was in trickle charge mode even though it showed 100%. Usually in home charger it’ll take 20 minutes more for charger to turn off even if dashboard shows 100%. May be Ather team can comfirm about this.

1 Like

I will do one thing . I will bring an electrician to fix the issue. No point of reporting any issue here and through the customer care service. Reported couple of times with customer care support. I can charge in the other grid but I have reported this in common. @abhishek.balaji

Hey ather team, … any list of which chargers have been upgraded to the new superfast charging that is supported by the 450X … so far I have tried 3 and none of them have it … all grids charge my scooter at the rate of approx 10.5 km per 10 mins

Increase number of charging stations especially in north Bangalore Vidyaranyapura and ms Palya area and Jayanagar area

Hi @team.ather @atherspace.bglr @abhishek.balaji so now we are in mid January and the free charging at ather grid is till March 2021. So any updates coming on this regard any soon. We don’t want to wait until last moment to hear any surprise charges. Want to be prepared.

2 Likes

No update we can share right now, but yes we’ll keep you folks informed well in advance of any changes.

These Grid points have been upgraded to support faster charging at Ather Grid locations:

1. Infinitea
  2. Patel’s Inn
  3. Cross Roads Inn
  4. Khelo Badminton
  5. Fab Cafe
  6. Go Native
  7. 1522
  8. Sangeetha Mobiles
  9. Agon Sports
  10. Smarttron Automations
  11. BeAnimal Hostel

Also, the charging rate depends on your current charge level as well. The rate at which batteries can safely charge up depends on the current charge level, ambient temperature, and a few other factors. You’re more likely to see higher charging rates at lower charge levels than higher ones. This is also why your home/portable charger charges up the scooter quicker from 0-80%, compared to 80% to 100%.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather in Kochi