Charging at Ather Grid

Please raise it as a ticket via the app. Faster resolution that way. Just posting what Abhishek is likely to post as well🙂

4 Likes

Hey guys, Can the charger be removed from the charging point after 100% with out the key. I ask this because I had kept my ather 450plus for charge at the Indiranagar ather grid next to the store and walked back home. When I went back to pick it up someone had removed my charger and placed it back on the holder. Does it unlock after 100% , I am a little worried if it doesn’t unlock and people force pull out the charger it would damage the vehicle. I am assuming someone check the charge saw it was 100% and pulled it out and places it back on the ather grid holder.

New update is here to unlock at 100% to prevent hogging of the charger. Once 100%, charger unlocks. Works on X and + as of now.

5 Likes

Haha, charge thirsty good samaritans on the grid sharing thread are worried about grid supercharger points getting hogged and pushing their scooty home, and here we have someone whose home is a walk’s distance away, and is more worried about his scooty port getting damaged even after letting it sit there after reaching 100% charge. I really wonder what sort of emergency you had there man.

4 Likes

Please don’t take over the point, just cus it’s free doesn’t mean you have to abuse it.

3 Likes

Ah, how can we conclude so fast that it’s abuse? Maybe the poor dude was in a hurry to go someplace important and forgot to charge his scooty at home?

Ya I needed to charge it quick, how is it abuse ? It was not used and it’s close to home(that’s an advantage I have). And it’s a genuine worry of damage guys I dont mind people pulling out the charge as long as it doesn’t damage the vehicle.

Btw I let it sit there just 15 minutes out. Not hours together. Jeez didn’t think people would get toxic here, if it doesn’t damage the port o am fine with it.

5 Likes

Let’s take it easy folks. Not everyone is aware of queuing problems at Ather Grid points.

@konerirajb please take care when using fast charging grids and ensure you’re around when the session is on. This is to ensure that owners who have a more critical need can charge up.

7 Likes

Tonight I went to forum mall Chennai and I charged immediately at the grid (at 8.07) once I entered.

I came back at 8:57 and it was charged only 45%.

When I plugged in the charge was around 35% , as Ather if it was charged at 1.5km/min it should have charged atleast till 70%.

Is there any issue with my 450x or with the grid.

Anyone from @Chennai facing same problem like this ?

@abhishek.balaji

hello. What was the temperature. Cool temperature decrease the charging current, so it in creases the time to charge… Loic

Don’t know how to find the temperature ?

He means local temperature. @loic.trocme it’s Chennai. I’m sure, cold weather isn’t the issue here. No matter the temperature. This speed of charging is mighty slow. It’s probably a grid point issue and not a scooter issue. Report it and ather will fix it up.

2 Likes

If I’ve charging on grid, can anyone else disconnect the flight when 100%/80% charged?

450X or 450Plus yes after 100%.

450 no as of now but, an OTA is announced for this feature (no time line yet)

1 Like

Sarath City capital (Hyderabad) Mall’s grid charger is turned off till 11am and not turned on even upon requesting. Please change the timings in Ather Grid app accordingly @abhishek.balaji. Thank you !

Chaitanya Pothapragada Date: 21-02-2021

1 Like

Hi every one,

I want to share my experience at Ather grid point that happened to me. I went to the nearest grid point for charging my Ather and I found that already one of the other customer’s ather using it. when I checked his status of his charging ather was fully charged 100% and I stand there for a half-hour no response from that customer. I request AtherEnergy to make a solution for this type of issue at grid points.

1 Like

were you not able to pull the plug back? I thought @ather-bubhandari had done a necessary update after 4.3 that would allow to pull the plug once reaching 100% charge.

1 Like

Is the other vehicle 450 or 450plus or 450x.

Incase of 450 an update is under works but in case of 450plus and 450x you can unplug the charger once it reaches 100% this feature is enabled out of the box itself.

1 Like

I have offered a commercial space for ather grid charging point. No one has reverted on tis to me.

Most of the time Ather grid Charging point at Sangeetha Mobile near Chandra Layout is shown as unavailable in the ather grid app. Is the point working or is it use ?