Charging at Ather Grid

Hi Ather team,

At ather grid locations people leave it for charge and don’t come back even after the charging is complete. I have been facing this multiple times where I’m waiting for more than an hour, and if it is after 8pm we can’t contact support also. We should be given an option to unplug the charger after 80% or should be able to contact customer who has left for charging via ather app or some text message, with more and more ather coming to market this has become a problem.

Please do come up with a solution for this

11 Likes

Ather should definitely come up with a solution to this. In the coming months, vehicles will increase and this will become a huge pain point to the owner waiting to charge his vehicle.

3 Likes

My solution for this is to to implement financial penalty from the app after the charge is completed and not vehicle is not removed within few minutes of this. Otherwise till free charging exists, this problem would be there.

Or in another option… The owner can unlock the charger by using his mobile app… If he permits to remove the charger by sending message with OTP or something like that… Pls think in this way… A simple things will change this kind of issues… Y because upcoming days number of Ather bike will be more… Then it will be mandatory…

1 Like

Valid suggestion, but I’m curious to know what exactly happened in this case? Was the status of the Grid point reflecting incorrectly on the app?

Regardless of whether it shows the status correctly or not, I think this is a big problem especially if we don’t have enough charge to get to the next grid point. Everytime I have gone to a fast charging point there has always been another vehicle plugged in. Till today I haven’t charged at ather grid once also, I have owned my 450 almost 6 months now. But luckily I have had enough juice to make it back home. Please do look into it.

1 Like

I get it’s a problem, not discounting that at all. And ofc we’re evaluating a few solutions, but trying to understand if there’s something going wrong in the status of the Grid points on the app.

Can some let know whoz vehicle is this at ather space bangalore. It is 100% charged but no sign of the person

Update: Done the person came

1 Like

Does anyone know if the point at Cafe Azzure is accessible? Last I went there was a few months ago and desperate for charge, but there was some road work happening which made the cafe and point inaccessible.

The pod at home is also showing red after a power cut yesterday :man_facepalming:t2:

BBMP, BESCOM & BWSSB have/had dug up large parts of Kalyan Nagar, Banaswadi, Ramamurthy Nagar.

I had driven by Cafe Azzure 4 weeks ago and it was still operational. Roads had already been fixed by that time.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Raghav!

lot of times i also faced this type of issue i see ppl charged bike they leave more than 2 hrs even its 100% full we don;t have option to remove charger my idea after 80% & battery full plz unlock automatically pod it make scenes i feel

3 Likes

The flight was charging but the blinker was in red.

2 Likes

May be earthing problem :thinking:

Pathetic experience charging at mg road , THE ONLY AND Kalyan Nagar Cafe azzure … all rats moving around as these are close to the grave , waste disposal of these restaurants - Please give these guys a feedback or place it some where better …

3 Likes

Is charging at ather grid free or have to opt in for ather charge for public charging?

Free until March 2021

2 Likes

I’m facing slow charging issues at grid.

Yesterday I plugged at grid for an hour and it charged only 10%

I tried at two grids for the same time and got similar results

35-45 in first grid 41-54 in second grid

I plugged at 7% around 2:15 PM today and charging is too slow :unamused:

22% in next 80 mins

I’m dependent on grid till Christmas because my socket at parking is locked and keys are with landlord who will return after Christmas :disappointed:

2 Likes

Make sure to report it via the app, they usually get to fixing such issues within a day or two post raising a ticket.

2 Likes