ATHER 450x failed it's promised mileage

The one which you have shared has a problem from the system for sure that I can agree and have already agreed :point_down:

And i can also see someone from Ather team has responded to you as well :point_down:

And I’ve also seen the person apologized for misunderstanding you too :point_down:

This is the only statement I’ve said is not a really nice one.

2 Likes

Sry for my words

It’s came out of frustration

It’s not only here, but i have listed this problem on telegram group & on WhatsApp group, but everywhere people are are suggesting me something else instead of understanding my question

I once again sry if I heart some one

2 Likes

No problem :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Don’t teach on how to ride even after if we maintain the riding style I hv read many article here on how to get better mileage but even I hv never got the claimed by Ather users mileage so plz stop irritating me saying how to ride a scooty I hv switched from plenty of bikes owned earlier and at present eveb I hv 2 bikes and they are Dominar and Perak I see the Dominar even gives an estimated mileage on per litre fuel showing sometimes 22kmpl and sometimes it shows 43kmpl too, so that depends on the acceleration and gear shift on what kind of road I’m onto and the movement of the bike. So I think I don’t hv to learn from the Ather guys on how to ride a EV as I hv experience in riding a motorcycle and not a horse.

I need true statement I’m not here for the estimations of digital meter that thing is practically actual in my electricity energy meter ( this is for an example for the noob who is here to teach me how to be a perfect EV rider )

4 Likes

Mileage is entirely based on your riding style. The below screenshot shows how throttle input can make a big difference to the range.

2 Likes

You probably need to read this post, while refraining from belittling people who are trying to help, please.

If you want tips on good mileage, please read through the below thread. I would say, following these steps can increase throughput very much, be it XL80 or Dominar.

5 Likes

Nobody can teach the core memory of a brain. Like you said you have ridden many bikes cars scooters and ev. But the problem is people riding better and getting good range. Well I have also owned the scooter for now more than 2.5 years but I never went for the milage thing I bought this has a high speed alternative to TVS ntorq, zooming in and zooming out is a fun in Ather And I have never been disappointed, I would suggest to ignore the said claims and enjoy the ride you will get the hang of it.

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_tear: same here bt mine only drains 3 kms a day if u don’t shutdown :smiling_face_with_tear::man_facepalming:t3: but can trust the scooter blindly because it reaches me home as it promises. I ride more thn 16kms yesterday bt it showed only 14kms traveled idk y​:relieved:

1 Like

Here is my Ride Stats:

Add images

1 Like

The rides of 8.8km, are those single rider or with pillion? Were they on incline roads/flyovers?

36wh/km is the best you have achieved, which seems decent if it was with a pillion.

3 Likes

These all are ride without any pillion… way to office and home sometimes outdoor works only the road is bad as a new fly-over bridge is under construction :construction: so hv to brake quite often and then re-acceleration sucks the battery badly I know that so for that I keep on either Sports or Wrap mode sometimes this days or else Wrap is not needed for me Sports is really usefull.

I don’t see any clarity in the estimations generated on the app its more or less I see is a fake.

How much do you weigh, don’t mind me asking, just checking the payload. Those numbers are a bit unusual. My most aggressive rides are still 32-34wh/km, that’s cos I weigh 57kg :stuck_out_tongue:
For eg :

My front brake caliper was stuck a few weeks ago, and scooter had a tough time moving even, and yet my efficiency was 36wh/km max! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I weigh 105kg as I hv a height of 5.11ft and so little healthy… I guess I’m not facing any such issue with wheels or air pressure low on tyres but yes even when my sister takes it for ride and she weighs nearly 40-45kg even she got a mileage of 65-70 in ECO mode and not so agressively driven also maintained speed limit at 30-40kmph but the same results of very less mileage.

And yes I remember right now that the ride screenshot taken from the original one of mine shared over here and which you cropped and share was a ride with my wife and 2yrs old kids towards somewhere.

1 Like

The ride log I shared, was one of my rides from last night. Not sure what you mean?

2 Likes

Oh Sorry then I thought it to be mine ride log…

2 Likes

Problem not resolved after hard reboot & shutdown

Today I had driven the vehicle from 100% , it’s 2 hrs continuous journey.

Dashboard showing 28.1 Wh/Km, which means 2200/28.1 = 78 Kms But I m getting only 72 Kms range

Why ???

@melvin.wilson @tarun @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

You won’t find any solution either the riders here will teach you on how to ride your vehicle wisely that won’t pamper the lithiums to cheat on your mileage, Lol :laughing: I hv been writing since long and getting replies relying on the electronic estimation never got real mileage on roads on my Ather 450x … Replies here will all be for Ather by team Ather… Try to accept whatever you hv right now no one is gonna solve ur queries.

3 Likes

I get 55km in sport mode on a 3.5 yr old 450 Gen1. REAL on-the-road range.

I don’t drive at a snails pace either. I push it whenever there is open road or gaps in traffic.

Just because a majority have a better range than what you experience doesn’t make all of us Ather employees.

9 Likes

Not an Ather employee either

4 Likes

Let me see if i can explain it , so you are calculating the range using the average efficiency on the dashboard and you are expecting the remaining range to be atleast 14km instead of 7kms shown

What i have noticed is that the range on the dashboard won’t increase based upon how efficient we ride , it just remains as it is and drop slowly if you are riding efficiently

Eg: if you start with a range of 100k and you are super efficient still the range won’t go upto 105 over a long ride it will remian hundred for a longer time and drop gradually

So i think what’s on the dashboard is fine , it indicates that if you continue to ride at 28wh your scooter will stall with an empty battery after most probably 14kms rather than 7kms

I did try it out and thats how it works If that makes sense

4 Likes