ATHER 450x failed it's promised mileage

Mix riding fun and normal

1 Like

Dear vikram, Please reduce the use of brakes.

5 Likes

I max ride in Ride Mode and Sports Mode only nowadays, I used to ride in ECO mode earlier but not these days from when I noticed that the average of the scooty is 70-75 even on economy I ride on 20-30kmph still that lacked in true mileage. About braking I usually don’t use brakes until its necessary on any situation but yes the road conditions in my city is like flyover construction is on progress so the traffic is lot more so in that situation I hv to use brakes frequently and I ride in Ride mode but still at the end of the day when I check my rides its like I cover 40km on say ride mode and the estimated Kms remains only 30-35 in ride mode which totals of 70-75kms in total braking I do 30% in a day as said the way from my home to office is under construction so can’t put max throttle.

2 Likes

Same experience for me also. Complained regarding the complaint to Ather service personel at Mangalore, still waiting for remedy. I am also getting only 63-64 km range in eco mode. With this I experience another problem. Here at Mangalore area, rain fall is very high. Because of poor back mud guard design, mud spray on my back every time while riding. Totaly sad to say I lost shirts and clothes

2 Likes

Bro these Ather guys are playing with the sentiments of the riders as we know the brand products are very funfull to ride and cost saving at this point of time but even the mileage is not at promised in any of the modes as estimated I hv experienced this since long and even have reported but none of the team peoples are concerned just I see people getting more with mileage yes more than estimated few found 100+ in WRAP mode where company claims to get 45-50 in WRAP mode but the riders are so advanced that they go downhill or uphill I don’t know how they are finding more than the companys claimed mileage hope this to be true and not fake… I never got and I can’t share fake statement here, few say change ur ride style and a few say improve on ur braking and a few say use acceleration in well manner so do you think to ride a EV these things we have to learn from others on how to get true mileage… Usually I nowadays ride on RIDE mode or either SPORTS mode and sometimes in WRAP mode if I’m getting late but acceleration is always under control for RIDE Mode: 40-50kmph and for SPORTs mode: 50-60kmph and in WRAP which I do rev rarely so I dont see how I ride but atleast on 70-80kmph it goes smooth, I will never complaint for ride quality as it is smooth as butter but the issues that turned my head to put here are the Fake Mileage and Smart Connectivity ( Check My EV Bluetooth Issue )

Keep on complaining unless they look into the matter as because their is 3 years warranty lets see how they can serve us in this warranty period as we are facing issues.

3 Likes

Today I started my journey in smart eco mode with 100% juice, scooter is drained to 0% after running 64.6 kms, dashboard shows 31 watts per km efficiency & app shows 72 kms range

Almost 8 kms less than projected range & 6 kms than true range

@tarun @abhishek.balaji can you plz explain???

My 450+ is 7 months old

1 Like

Was the entire ride continuous or were there any breaks in between and 64km is all achieved in a single day or single ride or was that over the days or with multiple rides?

2 Likes

It’s a continuous ride of around 118 min.

3 Likes

Your’s half of the ride is almost in ride mode then how will you get the true range. To achieve the true range the entire ride should be in smart eco mode only, but you have switched to ride mode whenever you need.

And also can you tell what’s your odo?

1 Like

Hi Hemant, We have shared this with our team. We will get back to you soon.

1 Like

My point is not the mode

Why aren’t you getting the simple mathematics

I m just saying 2200 wh :heavy_division_sign: 31 wh = 70.96 kms Then why battery reach 0% in 64.6 kms ???

5 Likes

Oh ok sorry i thought you were talking about the smart eco mode.

What the app shows as predicted range is almost true but i too don’t know how but when the scooter’s battery reaches below 40% and 30% the charge drains faster than in 80% and 90% but the predicted range calculates the prediction same as 90% and at 40% or 30%. I hope you understood :sweat_smile:

When you are at 5% observe that the scooter won’t go above 40 but the charge degrades 2-3% for 1 km but the same situation, same road if you go in 40kmph speed constantly at 90% charge it won’t degrade faster, it degrades like at 1% for 1km but i don’t know why the predicted range doesn’t calculate it correctly.

And don’t worry it might be because of 2-3 km degradation in battery so only i asked your odo and predicted range will also have 1-2 km difference and since you also drained the battery non stop, it also might be a reason.

Again sorry i don’t know why i read your post incorrectly :person_facepalming:

It’s ok dear

But wherever m asking this question people start giving me solution like use sports mode, drive below 40, use throttle gently etc etc.

M just wondering if the usable battery capacity is actually 2200 watt or what ??

My odo reading is 2207 kms only. & If battery is degrading why so fast ??

1 Like

How long has it been since you’ve bought Ather? Because I’ve ridden more than 3k Km within 2 months but didn’t experience any degradation of battery yet. And yes if the ride is continuous and if that ride was done from 100-0% charge then the ride stat has to match with actual range may be with an error of 1-2km.

3 Likes

It’s a valid question, and an issue, sorry if misunderstood the issue. Ideally it should match the distance with efficiency achieved

2 Likes

Hello bro, you won’t ever get solution here in the forum else you will only find replies against what you write truly, the guys here in the forum are auto-bot and made for Ather support not yours, they will always trigger ur point of mistake. I hv been writing here since long that I didn’t get the promised mileage ever many stated not good ride style, not better ride modes shifted on time, don’t apply much brakes, it’s like we have to learn on how to ride a EV from the gurudevs of Ather here. Till date I didn’t get any solution for not obtaining True Mileage and even the Smart Features also Failed.

Don’t ever relay on these Ather guys all the replies are consigned to be from the very promising employees of Ather.

Take Care bro and keep on REPLYING to the Ather guys who will prove you wrong in every aspect.

I’m finding better option in EV :pray: namaskaram to Ather

2 Likes

True words bro

When I buy Ather m very happy for first 3 months, but then issues started, I have never heard in any platform. For ola small small issues had been pointed out.

People are saying ola is paid promotion, now I m feeling like Ather is paying for not to show any problems.

I also searching for better EV option & thinking of Tork Kratos. Plz suggest if you don’t mind

Well, i don’t understand how you’ve come to the conclusion that everyone here is Ather auto-bot, since on this very issue we’ve said this is a problem. In fact, I’ve myself had to go to Hyderabad SC for 3 times within first month because my charger was not locking for the first couple of times they’ve done some cleaning but for the third time I insisted on giving me a permanent solution so they had to change harness and we’re definitely not Ather employees :sweat_smile: we’re just owners who’ve got better range than others so wanted to help in anyway possible. My father himself due to his riding style won’t get more 70-75km range since he got used to driving ICE vehicles whereas I get much better range. So when the issue is about range due to bad riding style it has to be pointed out that way when there is a problem with the system like this one, It has been pointed out as mistake if you check the previous two messages. I never knew any of the other 2wheeler EVs had any forum to atleast write something and get opinions and suggestions from Ather or other fellow owners. If you don’t get the range that is shown as true range on Ather then with the same ride style you cannot achieve anyone’s claimed range no matter which EV you ride. Even if you get that range you shall be severely underpowered while riding.

7 Likes

Did Ather really pay you from pointing out the problems on twitter or any other social networking platform, then it seems to be a good way to earn some money and get our problems fixed. Else no one’s stopping you to post on the problems but Ather has support channel and SC to get your problems fixed unlike Ola which entirely runs it’s service compliants online. And yes if you feel you should switch to some other EV you can try we already have lots of posts for different EVs too, so even if you want to know something of other EVs you can search it on Ather forum😂

1 Like

Imagine as many owners posting their Ride Logs as an example of how much range they are truly getting (Basically proof of their riding style and range), and yet you call them fake/paid replies. These owners are trying to help, instead you’re calling them fake feedback, and not improving on your riding style, sounds like you’re clearly doing something wrong. Lend your scooter to another Ather owner, and let them ride and verify if its your riding style, or something is wrong with your Ather. Please respect other owners and refrain from calling them names. Read up on threads on how to improve your range, that should help you.

9 Likes