Ather 450X Discussions

• Raise ur hand on 450
  • Raise ur hand on 450X
  • Raise ur hand to cancel 450X order

0 voters

Yes, Tarun and team justified that why they made the price 1.59 lac rupees for upfront.
It all started with Ather 450, unluckily which he didn’t do during the unveil and created the confusion.

So the cost of Ather 450 is Rs 1,90,000, They had given good discount to make it Rs 1,13,000 so that people can start buying and give them feedback. It was the marketing strategy to capture the market as well and to create the buzz.

Secondly, will they keep making the loss for each Ather product now going forward? Answer was no, therefore there is a steep increase in the price.
If you are upfront buyer of AtherX either pro or plus, Any kind of plan is optional. Even the basic connectivity plan is optional i.e. Ather Charge which costs 400/- not sure incl GST or excl. 3 years warranty of battery upto 70% capacity.

If you are a subscription plan buyer, then Rs 99,000 (Cost of Scooter - Battery Cost). So the battery stays an asset of the company. You pay 1699 or 1999 (incl of GST) for a wholesome plan (It includes public charging + Battery warranty incase battery degrades to 80% capacity they will replace + connectivity charges).

3 Likes

As per me, Ather 450X is a very expensive product because it has good number of features. But it is not my piece of cake. Because my objective is to go green as well as it should be pocket friendly rather than 2 times per km expensive for the run to office.

3 Likes

Hello everyone lets make use of the AMA session that’s currently pinned to the forum to ask any questions about ather 450x

I am unable to post any question on AMA session ?? is it only me or anyone else is also facing the issue?
I just got a message to send a request ?? @Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji

Mee too same issue

You’ll be added to the next AMA starting at 3:30, as you RSVP’d. There was a small issue with the access.

1 Like

I think the session is closed. Even I’m not able to post anything.

Thanks @abhishek.balaji

Even after 3.30pm, i m not able to see or discuss on AMA. @abhishek.balaji @ather.team

1 Like

same here I am also waiting with my questions :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello sir can I buy 450x without subscription

You’ll need to pay 159+GST+insurance for the pro and 149+GST+insurance for the plus

Hey folks,

We’ve answered a bunch of questions in the first AMA. Do check this thread for answers to any questions you might have. We’ll work on creating a comprehensive FAQ section from these Q&As.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/closed-ama-1-saturday-1-february/5294

1 Like

You missed the basic ather connect’s pricing. We did see that ather charge is 400per month but what about ather connect? What is the per month or per year cost of ather connect? Same old 3k plus tax?

there seems to be no ather connect.
It is reasonable that ather expects everyone to pay for the public charging network they are installing. Otherwise very few people will opt for it.
Others may not find this acceptable.

We don’t have Ather Connect pricing for now. We expect to be in the same range as that for 450.

1 Like

Huh, I find it hard to believe because if that would have been the case they wouldn’t have made plans to charge 20bucks for each 30minute charge session on ather grid. It should always and always be at the discretion of the owner and it’s only fair for us owners to pay for services we use. If not, there will be a lot of cross-subsidies where those who use their scooter a lot will have an advantage who use it relatively less.

Since it’s mandatory for any ather scooter - be it 450 or 450x it is only fair for us to pay for bare bones internet connectivity we need. I hope it will be updated in 450x’s FAQ as well. Thanks.

i think abhishek already answered this.