Ather 450X Discussions

What’s the event about?

You do understand they’re a startup right? This kind of an investment is a big NO NO !!

3 Likes

To clarify and revise pricing

Revise pricing?:laughing:
I don’t think they will go with this choice

2 Likes

@ather.team might not revise pricing maybe, but they’ll surely hear us and add more viable plans.

It’s worth it. But you have to figure out yourself if you really want it. Mainly because, t’s not like any other scooter. It’s an experience. It feels more like a gadget than a scooter.

Initially I found the design to be amazing. The maps was a selling point. The test drive was mind-blowing. I booked the vehicle and went for test drives 4-5 times with different sets of friends and colleagues because the wait was quite painful :joy:

I agree there are shortcomings, but they do try and rectify whatever issue you face.

3 Likes

There is not much investment needed, you would be surprised how cheap electronics are. Batteries will make up 90% of the cost of a power bank no matter how big it is.

You are correct, if this was consumer electronics. But many more constraints kick in when these become public outdoor facilites, especially with Lithium batteries :boom:

2 Likes

I thought more than that xD That’s the only thing they import so until they have an Indian supplier it would cost a bomb. In about 4-5 years we can expect local production as the gov has approved local production with subsidies

1 Like

Implementation of fireproof lithium batteries and other alternatives sadly will take more time.

More sadly, will cost ₹₹

You can switch anytime. You just need to pay the difference in subscription…

Why do you aspire for an electric scooter?

• To promote green initiative
  • Cost savings
  • To build awareness that electric scooters an outperform ICE
  • Love the torque

0 voters

Just curious how many are really interested in cost savings

2 Likes

S bro everything about money

The hard truth is not the budget, but the value it brings to the budget. I own a 12L Harley and the purpose is entirely different. it never let me down on the premium it has. but on the Ather, most of the features are nice-to-have and not must-have… and thats the point everyone is making. Athers are owned for everyday use… yes, little fun along is fine - but the larger intend is for every day commute, which requires basic features. but things like longer range, lower cost of the scooter and lower cost of ownership is what people will look for.

7 Likes

Funnily same or lesser as they don’t contain rare earth metals :P.

Well,. After i complete my research in Photonics, maybe I’ll switch to battery tech.

1 Like

S I agree Ather team brought the smart bike. More faster EV with good range… But 450x and it’s prize are not matching with the provided facilities. Why 450x required more money… 1.5lakhs… just compare this amount with normal petrol vehicle…if this is increasing No one will change to EV…

4 Likes

I would have really liked to buy 450x but right now sticking to 450. I’m in Feb- March delivery batch. I don’t need warp mode or 26 nm torque but would have liked the android dashboard and dark mode. So the 450x plus makes actual sense to me, but 25k more for just the dashboard is not realistic. I understand that it’s a pro scooter limited to plus with software and hence the price increase. But 450 with Android dashboard is the right pick for me. Would have been ready to give upto 10k more for that

Is anyone attending open house today ??? Pls share the outcome.

1 Like