Ather 450X Discussions

It won’t be mandatory. You’re free to buy it upfront and not take the Ather Connect/Charge plans. This means you will not have any network connectivity or access to new features.

In the connect plan, you’re basically paying not just for network connectivity over 4G, but also costs of the data pipelines, maintenance and software development costs.

1 Like

Wait what? This screenshot mentions that Ather connect plan subscription is mandatory.
Am I missing something?

1 Like

Clarified this on the AMA thread. We’re getting this updated over the next couple of days, based on feedback that many users don’t want a subscription on top of the upfront purchase option. However, for a smart and connected scooter like the 450 and 450X, we highly recommend taking at least the base connectivity plan, to ensure you can use the smart and connected features.

3 Likes

When can we expect the website to be fully updated?
That is, the price breakup for all the payments, Ather Connect/Charge plans, on-road price for each city, exit plan conditions, etc.

The reason is, the quicker you can update it, the easier it’ll be to iron out misconceptions and help make things much easier to understand since not every potential customer is a forum user :slight_smile:

1 Like

In a couple of days. Here you go:

2 Likes

How much time it will take get our 450x collectors edition delivery and what is the full price on road in Bangalore

What is the upfront payment options I cannot understand please send the rate of bike it I am making payment full in advance and when will be the 450x collectors edition will be delivered.

The 450x has WiFi, why not enable them and the user connects it to his phone or WiFi then he can stay connected always , enable it to it’s full potential instead of making it as a Bluetooth support

These features would require continuous development and maintain cloud infrastructure, which is included in the Ather Connect plan. Without you paying these costs, we are unable to offer these features.

The intention behind the subscription is appreciated and also for bringing a great product out into Indian market. But, you guys should have targeted a scooter which hits your prospective customers buying price and also make the best out of the fame subsidy, road tax exemption, which the 450x fails to do, is what I think. Hope I’m proved wrong and you guys find required number of customers to keep up the great work and continue to bring more exciting products in the future. Cheers… later.

4 Likes

That’s fair. And frankly, Ather’s business model is not rushing into the market with mediocre scooter models, but making sure we push the limits of what 2 wheelers on road can offer in terms of tech, performance, and intelligence. Ather will ofcourse come up with a model for the mass market, but that’s not in the near horizon, as we’re right now leading the market in terms of offering a great product.

9 Likes

@abhishek.balaji For the Ather Charge plan for 450x, you have removed the home charge reimbursement. This will take away real charging benefit since most of the customers will be charging for their homes and use Ather Grid only for emergencies. Also Ather Grid for new cities will take time to develop.

1 Like

Home charging reimbursements were included in the Ather One plan only. Ather Charge only gives the benefit of unlimited public charging.

Ather Grid points will be set up well before we start deliveries.

1 Like

@ abhishek.balaji For 450x there is no ather one plan like that which takes care of servicing like we have in 450.?

If that come in mind, to was too early

Thanks. So I am expecting that you will come up with another plan similar to Ather One shortly.

Also what is the charging time for 450x with the home charger?

Does the ather 450X come with a 5A portable charger ?

You either get one Wall mountable charger or one Portable charger with the scooter. Both of these charge at the same rate. Same as 450 I guess.

Banglore owners how was the open house regarding 450X
Happy with feedback
Do you think 450X is value EV compared to 450
May be many un left answers , which Ather will say in coming day will update

@abhishek.balaji the theme of the collector’s edition is “Inside out” right?
Is it related to the movie? XD

2 Likes