Ask an Ather Owner!

Simple answer mileage will definitely drop.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Order Swapping

One similar question… what gives better battery consumption on a slight uphill… eco mode or Ride mode ? Also does 450X has Regenerative brake system ?

2 Likes

In my experience, I felt ride mode is more energy efficient in uphill like flyovers.

3 Likes

If you build sufficient momentum prior to climbing a bridge/flyover and adjust the throttle to reduce power output, you could climb the slope with lesser energy drain than one would normally use.

Both the 450 & 450x come with regenerative braking. You engage it by reversing the throttle (opposite direction of acceleration).

Regen will only engage when SoC (battery level) is below 84% and your speed is above 20kmph

6 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: 450X ride stats and modes

Rightly said. I still remember the day where instead of saving energy, I wasted more by being on eco mode on a long uphill drive. Slowly learned that one acceleration before getting to the uphill part and coast with the same momentum was much better in terms of efficiency

2 Likes

True. If we are at a standstill or we we don’t have enough momentum in eco motor will struggle a lot and it is better if we gradually increase speed in ride or sports mode. If feel eco ride sports all give same range if we have control over acceleration

2 Likes

Absolutely right. All modes are configured to push out power at different torque levels. So if you show extreme patience, like your chennai drive, then you can squeeze very high efficiency levels from sports mode too.

Folks like @rajeshkav are experts in this!

7 Likes

Here is a loose analogy. If the slope is quite mild and you have enough momentum to start with, eco mode is good. But for usual slopes and enough momentum, " run faster to avoid getting wet in rain"

4 Likes

Hi guys l, just uploaded a quick and very rough video of the vehicle demo that is given during deliveries. Felt this is good collection of some FAQs answered, that new or potential customers may have … Big disclaimer … the video quality isn’t good … so don’t judge based on the video quality, it is more to capture the audio of walkaround given by Ather team rather than video. So please excuse . Hope it helps anyone even if a lil bit. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I pre-ordered the 450x, I have couple of questions as I am totally new to this

1. How is the tire grip in rain? Given the brakes are strong, Does it slide to a side in rain? If yes did anyone try using better rubber (with more groves)? Like Michelin CITY PRO? ( 90/90-12 has not much options)
  2. Has anyone tried PPF/Ceramic coating? or Carnauba based wax like collinite 845. Does it impact the LCD panel? Or do you clean it with Isopropyl alcohol only?
  3. Do you cover the LCD panel when pressure washing? I use a Kärcher pressure washer for my other vehicles with some PH neutral shampoo. Has anyone seen LCD panel going bust because of water seeping in. I am asking this because in temperature like 36-40 degree Celsius does parking outside in sun (UV rays) impact the screen? Or are people buying premium cover like “TPH covers” to protect when parked (do panel sealant tend to crack in hot temperature?)
  4. Though in my city (Mangalore) I may not get the scooter anytime soon. I want to know is there any rental company that you have experienced for says 2-3 days before making the purchase? In a 15 min test ride, there is only so much you can make out. Example my electric cycle (not a good comparison) struggles to climb steeps that is more than 8% gradient and my city is filled with 8-12% gradient all over. Has anyone take the scooter to Nandi hill (last couple of turns did u have to use mode above sports only or did Eco mode work?)
  5. Is there any limp mode if there is any issue in scooter or it just stops? In a electric cycle I can pedal back home but that is not possible in a scooter!
  6. In my city EVs are a common sight but if something is wrong, do we get error code (like OBD II port in cars) or we have to wait for service engineer to connect their tools only?
2 Likes

Stock tyres are a little less grippy for wet roads. You have to be conscious while hard braking on wet surfaces. This thread on changing stock tyres might be of help.

Have PPF on all the panels. Go for Xpel or other brands that don’t yellow. Mine (3M) yellowed and I can notice the difference in color.

Ceramic coating is overrated, imho. I prefer PPF as it offers better protection against scratches that vehicles tend to catch from being parked in public lots or slightly rough usage.

Recommended not to pressure wash the LCD screen. You can use a damp cloth or wet a soft cloth with iso propyl and wipe thoroughly. I usually ask the car wash folks to go easy on the dashboard while pressure washing.

Not advised to leave vehicle under hot sun. 1) Batteries get impacted due to continuous direct expose to heat. 2) older models had an issue with the glue that held the LCD panel yellowing out. 3) You don’t want to burn your butt!

People have taken the 450 to Nandi Hills. @ayanahmedhussain and @Abhishek took it all the way to the top once. In fact you should try to read some of @Abhishek travelogues. Quite a number of adventures he has had.

Yes. Motor will switch down to a low power mode if it detects any serious problems with the motor/battery or transmission.

There are no diagnostic ports, however error codes and message will show up on the “Error” screen of the dashboard. If you see any, you can call/email support to book an service appointment.

6 Likes

Do we need to take similar precautions when ambient temperatures are around 44-45 celsius?

The recommendation is to avoid direct sunlight for long durations. 450s have run a full summer heat wave in Chennai without problems.

1 Like

Can u please tell me where u got it done and how much it cost bro

The temperature will affect the battery degradation but there’s nothing that can be done about it. The issue I’ve faced is, parking under direct sunlight repeatedly, melts my hand grips and makes it unusable. Ive burnt through one grip and the other is also started to give way, even though I’m making a conscious effort to not park under direct sunlight.

2 Likes

@Abhishek , has driven his 450 to Dharmasthala and Kukke Subramanya too. 8~12% gradient is nothing.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mobile App

Hi how do you upload the documents on to the dashboard through your Ather App? I don’t see an option anywhere in the App.

Is it necessary to have a connect Pro subscription for the above feature?