An 'e-motion'al connect - Hemanth's Ather 450

Looks great :+1:
i was trying to find someone who can do a similar embosing on leather.

1 Like

This is really nice. Mind sharing the source? I may like to get one too.

Thanks upfront.

1 Like

Many people have asked me about where I got my Key chain.
Here’s where I ordered it…Apni Dukaan

Smart Galleria Black Engraved On Steel Personalised Keyring https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07CMV2X2M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZLALCbZTB3TE8

Talking about Keys, @Ather.Team, is there a transponder in the key?

3 Likes

Whenever I start the Ather app and go to maps, it shows that the scooter is located somewhere near lalbagh. Only after i tap the crosswire symbol it goes to the actual location of the scooter.

Anyone else experiencing this? @Ather.Team why exactly is this happening?

1 Like

I experience the same. Every time I access the app it initially shows the marker right in the middle of Lalbagh and seconds later its repositions to my actually live location. I think its common across all users

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this issue in my vehicle. Check with Ather team if GPS tracker or something needs to be re-calibrated or reset?

3 Likes

Today morning started with 55kms Range.
rode 22 kms in sports mode charge came down to 74% and Range came to 35kms.
Vehicle was not used for 8 hours
switched to Ride mode and came back home (The same 22kms)
Charge remaining is 48% Range is now 31Kms in Ride.
So it’s quite evident that I’m able to drive more than the displayed range for sure (around 75kms). Waiting for the personalised range prediction to come back!

9 Likes

That’s good to hear.

Can you tell how your daily route will be? Is it more start and stop or very less traffic? How much time your 22 kms route takes for you to reach?

Now your range pridicttion is directly proportional to your charge status. If your range drop from 65 to 32-33 that means battery charge status is 50 %. Your ranhe is 31 km in ride modw so battery charge is (100/65)*31=47.69%. sameway for sports mode you can get (100/55)*range.

So now your range is almst an ondicator of battery charge and number also signify average range achieved by users.

Uttarahalli to Bellandur. One hour in the morning, 90 minutes in the evening. Jayadeva-BTM-Silkboard- Bellandur…so you can imagine the traffic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The scooter crossed 1000kms around the 1 month mark. Unlike my previous vehicles where I take a photo every 1000kms, I couldn’t do it here as the ODO isn’t displayed in the ride screen.

1k in 1 month

On April 13th, I was lying at home doing nothing…so took the scooter out in the evening to JC road for small aesthetic additions.

The rear of the scooter was looking too black and too empty to me. So got a laser cutting of fibre material (the usual number plate material) and filled the “ATHER” depression. The depression is now embossed. It adds contrast and looks nice now.

ATHER move visible now

Embossed

Another addition was made too with vinyl stickers. Similar to some special edition vehicles that get numbered badges, I put on my scooter. I had checked with the Ather team and they had told me that the last 3 digits of the VIN is the vehicle number. Accordingly, mine is the 207th Ather manufactured…so put it here

Special one

Experienced this Yesterday - I got a small cut on my right thumb. Had not realised so far as yesterday was probably the first time I rode the scooter without gloves.

My wife has not got this problem as her hands are smaller and hence doesn’t touch the dashboard plastic.

3 Likes

I had started charging the Ather Yesterday at around 23:00 hrs
Today morning at 07:15 hrs When I checked my phone, I saw that there was only 82% charge left and 45kms in Sport and 53Kms in Ride mode left. The app was showing FAST CHARGING symbol. My office ride is 55kms 2-way. I was pretty sure I can ride more than the displayed 53kms and hence got it to office. After 27.5kms of riding at a speed of around 45kmph, I reached office with 33kms of range still left. Even after accounting some battery drain, I should reach home safely. While this is the good part, The sad part is I had to compromise on having some fun with higher speed riding on the NICE road and had to control myself and see many other scooters overtake me.

The worse part is the vehicle not charged fully. Why didn’t it complete charging? The pod had a solid green light instead of blinking green light. @Ather.Team I do not know if this can be diagnosed remotely, but these small issues must be ironed out soon.

2 Likes

There might have been a power fluctuation during the night due to which charging would have stopped and I think it takes a while to start charging again.
There was this issue before that the vehicle would not start charging again after any fluctuation or power failure happens which interrupts the charging, which was supposed to be fixed with the last OTA update. And given that the vehicle was kept on charge for almost 8 hours, and if there was power supply to the pod through the night then it could be the same problem.

2 Likes

The fast charging symbol shoes up when the point is blinking red. You probably had a voltage fluctuation during the night and couldn’t complete 100% charging

2 Likes

It is possible but there should be some notifications for such exception.
I wish there was also an alert pushed to phone (vibration or ringtone) when battery reaches 100%.
I get push notifications from hotstar Tata sky Amazon and all apps but I haven’t seen any from the ather app.

2 Likes

yes I hope these features get updated in the App soon.

First Rain test…passed with flying green colour

4 Likes

It’s a little over 2 months since my scooter was registered and I got the RC from Autovert today. I immediately uploaded it to the scooter. Since it’s a Leased vehicle, I’ll only get the picture and not the original.

One thing that’s puzzling is that in the Tax Upto field it’s written as TT which is something unknown.

Generally for private vehicles it’s LTT(Life Time Tax) and for commercial vehicles where the Road tax is paid annually, they mention the Date. Even though EVs attracy zero Road tax, it is mentioned as LTT (I verified with the RC of our E2O). I think it’s a typographical error by RTO. Lease or buyout shouldn’t affect this IMO. Autovert also doesn’t know what TT means.

One other funny thing in the RC is that they’ve mentioned 000000 cc and 00 number of Cylinders.

It’s high time RTO updates the RC format. In our E20 it is mentioned as 1 cylinder and 1cc :smiley:

5 Likes

I wonder which vehicle needs 6digits for the CC field