An 'e-motion'al connect - Hemanth's Ather 450

Long back when we had Activa, we never used to bother, but after I purchased Vespa and now Ather, I hate putting parking stickers as it spoils the look. However it is mandatory both in our apartment and Office. That too it should be visible on the front, so can’t put it on the backside. After thinking a lot, finally pasted in this area.

4 Likes

Today, my wife took the scooter to office as usual. In the evening, when she came back home, she couldn’t plug the charger into the scooter. She called me to check when I come home. I came and found that the solenoid lock was closed for some reason

I tried resetting the scooter (both brakes+power switch) but nothing changed. Switched off and switched on the charger at MCB…no change.
Called the RSA and explained the issue and what all I’ve tried till now. He listened and then asked me to shutdown the scooter and restart which should solve the issue. I did that and thankfully the solenoid lock was released!

6 Likes

Even i have faced this issue couple of times and my observation is, when you key On and remove the charger cable you need to wait till the screen changes to regular screen showing clock and other things normally. If you are not keying to Off then no issue seen with solonoid lock, but if you key off before this screen change then the solonoid lock will not unlock.

3 Likes

Same as we power OFF n ON our mobile :smiley:

Hi, it works this way ,U need to shutdown the scooter wait for 10 seconds and then start over again thats it . you can plug in ur charger again.

I wasn’t liking the looks of this sticker too much. Especially after the PPF application. I got it removed and reapplied PPF for that area.

I got back the clean looks. But I still wanted that #207 badge…so got a plaque similar to my keychain and pasted it on the right swingarm.

Clean looks restored

IMG-20190628-WA0020-01 New badge

On the rear swingarm

11 Likes

That’s crazy and the same shows how much you love this scooter…you people are making our waiting more and more existing!!

How do we know what is our bike scooter manufactured number? Is there a way to do that?

Yes even I wanted to know…

Anything linked to chassis number and engine number?

I was told by Ather that the last digits of the chassis number is the best indicator of the vehicle number (which can be seen in the storage area under the rubber cap)

2 Likes

Yes, i faced the same issue and shutdown and turn on fixed it. I had reported the same in last open house meet up (23 june 2019). @Shreyas and Pradeep (from Customer support team ) please check this out. Its not just me then…

Immediately after a waterwash, my 450 sounds different…like somebody is trying to kill it by holding its neck and submerging it in water. It sounds like that for 15-20 mins till the wind dries it up. Hope this is common…

8 Likes

Yaa… i love that sound!
But as we speed up, it deminisions…

2 Likes

I m not sure what it sounds, but your commentary is better :wink:

2 Likes

Captured this ODO reading on Saturday. It was a coincidence that I had stopped the vehicle at this reading! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

9mins to cover 1.6kms… no wonder you were stopped. Reminds me of an instance when I saw a pedestrian leaving the office same time I left in my car, and we both reached the big Bazaar signal (1km away) at the same time!

8 Likes

That is really fast …
Last week, it took me 27mins for 1 Km :frowning: This was while trying to exit Eco World. Believe me, i find Silk board much better these days.

6 Likes

Nice capture :+1:

I observed last week that my scooter’s boot lamp is turning yellow on one side. It was uniformly white earlier.
Have anybody else observed or faced this issue?

1 Like