450X: Product/Technical discussions

Various factors affect range other than speed alone. Such as

1. Weight of the rider
  2. Acceleration
  3. Gradient
  4. Riding Style (Acceleration and deceleration)
  5. Tyre Pressure (which you mentioned)

I have been riding 450 for more than 2 years now and based on my experience, answers for your question are as below

• At speed of 40kmph - 100+km
  • At speed of 50kmph - 90km
  • At speed of 70kmph - 70~80km

Note, above are just rough number and it may differ from person to person. However Ather gives you different Ride Mode by which your range is guaranteed to certain extent.

3 Likes

I weigh 58kilos,road gradient is very less not absolutely flat though,I will accelerate to slow and will not apply brakes if unneccasdary,tyre pressure will be maintained optimum,if I can get at least 10km less range of what u mentioned on ur 450 with 450x of mine in these conditions it is more than enough, really appreciate all of ur replies to my questions,thank you And given ur experience and my conditions and 450x slightly bigger battery I should be able to get atleast 10km less than what u get

1 Like

May I know at what power mode you use to get the riding range

In fact 450x has better efficiency and bigger battery than 450. Range should not be an issue at all.

We will get to know when we ride sir, hope everything goes as expected

Sir are you on the Telegram group or could you give me your number? for more such questions, I wud like to talk over a call and put all the plan details and location details to you

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Jayant’s experience with the Ather 450X

I think one thing that people fail to factor in when they calculate their 70+ 80+ Km ranges is the traffic situation. The number of times you have to start and stop and start again in traffic (especially in Bangalore) is not considered at all in many posts I see on this forum. They talk about long rides etc on smooth roads with minimal stops. In real life situations according to me the range is much lower. Even lower than the true range.

Within Bangalore itself, owners who use the Ring road extensively would get better efficiency vs those who use interior roads or main thoroughfares inside the city.

2 Likes

I think it should be the opposite of we consider EVs,and ryt if we consider ices

1 Like

The 450 series has very little regen power and has to be manually triggered, unlike a 4w EV where you can almost do single pedal driving.

When I drive through KR Puram/Tin Factory in peak hours, my efficiency takes a hit due to the frequent stop-start that I need to do. Every time I come to a stop I have to spend considerable energy to generate enough torque to catch up to traffic, while if I were cruising, my consumption is flat and hence no spikes in energy drawn from the battery.

Regen plays a huge role in such situations anyways I asked it for the trip I am planning , hoping I get 70+ range at 60kmph Given I am cruising,I weigh 58 and will ride single with optimum tyre pressure I think I should be able to do it with ease

folks is there any systematic way followed by ather to measure battery health? i mean what if someone claims their battery is degraded too much within the warranty period. how will ather answer the customer ?

2 Likes

Regen work only for following two cases:

• (-ve) throttle input
  • Applying Breaks.

Since I am driving in hilly terrain and comparing free flow downhill coasting of Ather 450x and any other 2W (with ignition off) there is quite a drag due to the motor on the speed of Ather. The free flow coasting is not that good you have to provide throttle inputs in between.

In my view Ather should be able to re-generate without any above two criteria’s. i.e. regen as soon as you let go of the throttle grip/accelerator.

What challenge is seen by Ather for this function?

1 Like

as per your idea we will lose lots of energy because of drag created by regen system. Regen is not even 80% efficient . so if you spent 100 watts of energy to attend certain speed and leave throttle it will regen 80% of energy only. But even though scooter cannot able to save all those energy to the battery in short time. it need some additional circuitry to charge and discharge other than the current battery circuitry. so Ather only regen 5% only.

After the new software update, my phone does not connect to bluetooth without a subscription. On tapping the Bluetooth icon in profile screen it is no more responding.

1 Like

Does boot led light switches off when boot is closed?

1 Like

yes it does. just like fridge door acts as switch

1 Like

Yes, it does

1 Like

Don’t Ride During Lightning Storms :zap: Rain and thunderstorms can make an electric scooter ride dangerous. However, if a lightning storm occurs, stop riding right away and rush to seek refuge. Lightning is extremely dangerous, especially when you are riding an electric scooter.

Happened to read this on; https://www.joyorscooter.com/post/10-tips-on-riding-electric-scooters-in-the-right-way

Can someone from Ather comment on this.

1 Like

How does a lightening storm impact an electric scooter alone?. Would riding any scooter/bike/cycle be dangerous?