450X: Product/Technical discussions

as per your idea we will lose lots of energy because of drag created by regen system. Regen is not even 80% efficient . so if you spent 100 watts of energy to attend certain speed and leave throttle it will regen 80% of energy only. But even though scooter cannot able to save all those energy to the battery in short time. it need some additional circuitry to charge and discharge other than the current battery circuitry. so Ather only regen 5% only.

After the new software update, my phone does not connect to bluetooth without a subscription. On tapping the Bluetooth icon in profile screen it is no more responding.

1 Like

Does boot led light switches off when boot is closed?

1 Like

yes it does. just like fridge door acts as switch

1 Like

Yes, it does

1 Like

Don’t Ride During Lightning Storms :zap: Rain and thunderstorms can make an electric scooter ride dangerous. However, if a lightning storm occurs, stop riding right away and rush to seek refuge. Lightning is extremely dangerous, especially when you are riding an electric scooter.

Happened to read this on; https://www.joyorscooter.com/post/10-tips-on-riding-electric-scooters-in-the-right-way

Can someone from Ather comment on this.

1 Like

How does a lightening storm impact an electric scooter alone?. Would riding any scooter/bike/cycle be dangerous?

I am sure these would have been taken care of, but will wait for the Ather team to reply.

1 Like

Yes, I too asked the same question. But when I look at Ather, there are lots of Electric/Electronic components working alive, when the Ather is in motion (Battery, Battery-Charging, OTA connectivity, connectivity to your android phones, various software / sensors etc). In my surroundings, many of them dont ride when it is raining heavily and havent come across any feedback in this subject. Since I happened to see this precaution mentioned in one of the websites, w.r.t. using e-scooters, seeking clarifications/ confirmations as to how well Ather is protected from thunder storms & lightening.
In the case of gasoline 2wheelers, we dont find this many electric/electronic items.

2 Likes

Dude it rains heavily in Bombay and I drive it all the time when its pouring cats & dogs. Please do some research before you post such stuff. EVs & heavy rains and lightning?? There is nothing to worry about. Just enjoy the ride. :blush: peace :v:

5 Likes

the link you’ve given is for a different “scooter”. those kinds of scooters may not have higher IP ratings and that’s why the article says it is good to seek refuge.

Unless you are driving a vintage vehicle, almost all vehicles these days are computers on wheels

the IP ratings of the Ather Scooter (or Chetak or iQube) is more than sufficient to keep the scooter and the rider safe when riding in rain.

1 Like

IP Ratings relate to Dust and Water protection. My query is, is or if there could be any mishap due to lightening / thunderstorm (could be very minor also, some software malfunction etc, due to earthing issues). I havent come across any cases. Let Ather give us their expert comment.

2 Likes

How can a software malfunction or electrical issue occur due to lightning storm in EVs alone? it can have the same effect for all vehicles. Apart from a bigger battery, the Ather is as good as a petrol scooter. Electrical issue will be same for any vehicle in rain. IP rating is for dust and water ingress protection and that’s what can cause an issue if at all (like short circuit for example). If that is not what you are worried about, then you need not worry about anything else when it comes to riding EV in rains.

1 Like

I have come across cases of Transistorised CDI units malfunction after a heavy rain in two-wheelers(petrol run), parked outside in the open. Remember elderly mechanics saying lightening can impact.

Lets wait for the comments from Ather Engineers. Once we hear from Ather Engineers, it will be clear. till then peace.

Guys does anyone of you know how to delete the uploaded documents on your ather 450x? I don’t happen to see any methods to delete it.

On the image you’ve small delete option as Bin image.

1 Like

In the ather app, open the document you want to delete. Once the image is opened on the top right corner you will have delete option (as Bin Symbol). You can click on that to delete your respective documents.

1 Like

For sure will check it once I get the subscription plan after lockdown. A option to delete directly from the dash would be great @abhishek.balaji .

But then I think, its much safer that way, cause if someone borrows your ride and by mistake deletes, the whole process would need to be repeated. Doc management through the phone is much “safer” option I feel. Kinda locks things on who’s the owner, has the app and decides how they can control it !

3 Likes

Can any one tell the approximate charges of 5K 1st service?

1 Like