Updates and new features

Beta testers for a scooter? :joy: Wait a second. Arenā€™t we already? :joy: We are the early adopters.

Iā€™ve been a part of a lot of beta testing teams. from phone SW testing to TV SW testing to Apps and what not. Even signed a couple of NDAs. But beta for a scooter is risky tho.

6 Likes

yeah true, in a way

except that we need to wait for bugs to be sorted only till next update (not immediately)

1 Like

I would say , stay away from the upgrade for now ,not worth it.

Iā€™ve noticed that the estimated range shown on the screen is wayyyyy to less after the update. (Iā€™ve been riding at the same efficiency). Is this a defect? Or is the current estimation show the right one and the estimates in the previous version wrong? @Shreyas @rajeshkav @Ather.Team

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am not sure whether you are mentioning about Dash Board in 450 or Mobile Phone app range. I have read from the owners that the predicted and projected range are erratic after this update. However I do not have any issue in my app and showing correct numbers. Having said, I had problem once in synching the recent ride data, which got corrected after logging out and logging in again in mobile app.

I was talking about the numbers on the dashboard. The app prediction seems fine. How are the numbers on your dashboard, sir?

App show 65R 75E 55S but dash board shows 64R

75E, 65R, 55S in my 450 dashboard

1 Like

Theyā€™ve tweaked the aligirithms calculating the range left over. I think they have a few bugs

Refer to this post. Let me know if you notice this

1 Like

Iā€™ve also seen the same pattern, the Ride mode no longer shows 65km on a full charge, it shows 64 kms for some reason.

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s battery life reducedā€¦
How many KMā€™s done?

I donā€™t the range indicator reflects battery health.

If battery charge holding capacity is reducedā€¦ Which will happen over time, range must reduceā€¦

I have pulled in 3300kms till date, the sports mode shows up 55 kms, so i doubt its the battery life issue!

1 Like

Hey Everyone!
Some users have been observing the vehicle SoC and the App out of sync. Also, thereā€™s a mismatch in SoC vs displayed range at some instances. These issues are on account of software bugs that will get resolved soon with the next major OTA update. They do not impact the actual riding range in any manner.

14 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ Yeahā€¦!

We are shutting down vehicle to avoid unnecessary drain of battery.
Is it possible to add a feature after few minutes of turning off the key, mode may be changed to eco, for less draining of batteryā€¦

@Shreyas give us a better insight about why we shouldnā€™t be shutting down the scooters like we used to.

Giving an option to do it and then telling us not to, doesnā€™t seem right.

1 Like

Thanks for the update on this issue. I hope Ather does something and following would have been good.

1. Build a robust QA team. All verification and validation (VnV) should be complete before OTA roll out.
  2. If above is tough due to some reason (say man-power, logistics so on), roll out OTA update to beta testers. Bunch of us are ready to test.
  3. Small patches should be rolled out immediately rather than waiting for good muhoortha :smiley:
  4. A release note along with OTA update would be really useful.
22 Likes

:smiley:

+1 for Beta Testingā€¦ I am IN and there will be many more of usā€¦ We are people who flash custom ROM and risk the warranty getting void of a phone worth 25k :smiley: As long as you dont get us into accidents, we are IN :smiley:

9 Likes