Updates and new features

also can everyone check if the predicted range on the app is reset?

works fine for me

Yup. I tried using Eco mode today, because i thought if I could get 101 in Ride Mode, maybe I can beat ARAI in Eco mode😂

But all the predicted ranges have completely changed :confused:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

I have a dream. I want Tesla dashboard/app like integration for Ather. I don’t really care about other stuff. Eco is the last thing I’d use. The dashboard/ app is half baked. Ather should really fix what is broken before trying out new stuff.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

I have orange dot on console screen. How to update? My screen’s touch response has gone kaput.

It gets auto updated at 3 am, if you cannot update directly from dashboard

IMG_1869.jpg

New OTA update completed in my bike.
My early short review - Ofcourse as expected less pick-up need a lot of time to move quicker. Perfect for a traffic jam and energy saving mode.

2 Likes

No, it has to be setup as a scheduled update for 3 am. The update won’t automatically start without user intervention… Otherwise it’s the windows 10 debacle!

1 Like

LOL :joy: They actually fixed it with 1903.

It might be perfect for a slow moving traffic but still the pick is required if it’s been used as regular as ride mode to cover more range… Tech team should think of this ECO mode and re-design the software to get a good pick up and would clock a speed of 50km per hr…

2 Likes

Yet to update it but i am guessing for relaxed everyday drives Eco mode should prove aplenty. Or do i stand corrected

Eco Mode is quite sluggish, power is very low, if coupled with pillion the experience becomes pathetic. The moment you try to accelerate harder, red mark comes in but vehicle pulls very slowly, I am not sure even with Eco mode 75 will be true range.

5 Likes

No. It didn’t. May need @ather.team’s assistance.

My usage with full throttle in eco mode for more than 10kms gave me 29wh/km…

Estimated range was 82kms

4 Likes

Eco mode is definitely not for Banashankari 2 and 3rd stage. Too sluggish. It will work on flatter terrains.

Being used to S/R modes one needs a lot of patience to use the E mode. Not to mention that overtaking vehicles moving at 25kmph is a task.

On a separate note, why do we need different range predictions for different modes? Can’t we just have one number that is based on ones riding style? It could just be based on the average WH from the past and the current instantaneous consumption. I mean most cars that have different modes don’t come with different predicted ranges. They just adjust to the current driving style and project a range.

Would that not make interpreting this simpler?

3 Likes

Still no eco.:rofl::rofl:.
It’s been a day I am not interested to turn to eco mode…

I too stay in BSK 2 Stage, for the first 900 km never used sports mode. Later never switched to ride mode. I find sports mode more smooth, comfortable and efficient in an inclined roads. I’m able to get more range in sports mode than ride mode. I may not be using eco and ride mode,very much happy routh sports mode.

I will use eco mode during parking, assuming it may consume less battery.

4 Likes

Eco mode is very sluggish. When stuck in traffic it will be useful. After update sports mode has become very responsive

1 Like