Updates and new features

I had received the notification on mobile app.

1 Like

My understanding was download happens when the dashboard is on… whether charging or not…riding or not…then the orange dot appears once done with the download and to install you have to connect to home charger…and no network needed for installation… @Shreyas correct me if I am wrong…

3 Likes

u will receive it when update is downloaded

but u won’t be notified if update is pushed to ur vehicle

I was free for a couple of hours. So came outside my home where network strength is full, parked the Ather under a tree, kept the vehicle on (not rhe motor) and sitting beside doing nothing but waiting…hope it can download in an hour. Wife and Mother telling me that I don’t stay at home even on weekends :smiley:

@Ather.Team in your next product, please keep Bluetooth/Wifi on top in the list of must haves.

5 Likes

So with the new update the red glow in the dashboard that indicates you’re over throttling seems to have been removed. can we have this back please ? Feel this was a very useful feature and it made us all better riders

Go to settings…scroll down…you will find real time usage button…turn it ON…done

I cant see the real time efficiency tab after the update?

Edit: Read it elsewhere in the forum that we have to scroll down.

OTA pushed to all the vehicles or getting done in phases as I have not received any notification so far.

1 Like

Scroll down in settings page…

Niether did I get

1 Like

Has anyone noticed a degradation in the 3g signal after the latest update? Seems to have become worse for me since last night.

One small but very practical question that I had in mind but never asked and all of a sudden when you mentioned 3G strength I just remembered was…
Why has Ather not used the most latest 4G connectivity option and rather gone with previous generation 3G???
Any inputs from @Ather.Team or fellow group members would be highly appreciated!
RGT

1 Like

Let me guess :thinking:…it’s a mass OTA update event happening :grinning:

16 Likes

how did they manage to put charging for all those flights to update

Ather parking had around 30 charging points went I saw 2 weeks back…

1 Like

Not only outside, but inside too! :smiley:

25 Likes

Loved the second pic a lot… Feels magical :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Data transmission requirements may not have required 4g speeds, and I am pretty sure that integrating a 4g transceiver would have been more expensive.

my guess too ** cost! **

I really doubt hardware cost had anything to do with it.

I have no idea what lead to the decision to use 3G(Cheaper plans from their telecom provider, lower battery consumption?).
For all we know the hardware might have 4G support but it’s disabled for now.

In any case, Ather must revisit their tech and use 4G capable device moving forward. Else the users will unnecessarily have a bad experience on slow and uncertain 3G network.

What are your thoughts on this @Shreyas?

2 Likes