Update on FAME II guidelines and chargers

This Topic Discussion is going nowhere. Requesting Admins to Turn on the cool down Timer as it has become a one-on-one discussion and not helping the community.

@rakshithvikas wait for the official Q&A if I’m wrong I never the less will be more apologetic.

3 Likes

Tanx n be well take care n GBU :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Bro 450 plus valo ko bhi refund nhi milega mene customer care se call karke pucha​:joy::joy:

Bro everyone will get the refund those who paid for charger

1 Like

Folks - please keep personal discussions to DM’s.

The forum guidelines are very clear - no personal attacks on other members. Violations will result in suspension of your account.

Please adhere to the guidelines and have a healthy discussion.

8 Likes

huh? are you sure?

i don’t think this is true. lets wait for the official announcement. the refund is given because the charger was required to be bundled without extra cost in order to avail the FAME-II subsidy. charger was not bundled for free with 450 Plus. we had a separate invoice as well.

3 Likes

How are the charging speeds, I mean like is it 750W too?

2 Likes

Waiting for Official Q&A, They should have posted it by now, I think as @smridhi.kalati said in the Topic billed scooter eligible before 12th April 2023, so it should be covered.

3 Likes

Yes but the ultimate legal criteria is that the overall sales price is not over 1.5L and if subsidy was availed for 3.7 kwh then that capacity should be available for use.

My guess, call it an educated guess if you want, is that they will refund to those people whose overall purchase amount went over the FAME ii price cap; this would likely be 450x gen 3 buyers who bought it without any promos or discounts, for all 450 + gen 3 and all gen 2 I think they would unlock the battery capacity so all models respective of the generation will have same range.

In regards to keeping the ethos of having a stable and consistent product performance, they may still choose to keep at least 0.2 or 0.3 kwh as unusable reserve either that or unlock full capacity and force stall the scooter when it reaches less than 5% soc.

11 Likes

If this is the case, then the price difference between X & + will come to less than 10k

2 Likes

No bro it won’t work like this. Company cannot charge extra for charger irrespective of scooter’s price or model.

3 Likes

They can claim it was invoiced separately for ease of insurance evaluation.

As per my understanding the main point of contention is not that it’s invoiced separately, but that they’ve used it as a loophole to exceed the price cap.

But you maybe right, I have to read the exact wording of the allegations and ruling to be sure.

5 Likes

hmm, this makes sense as well

however it has been specifically mentioned, the issue is with the bundling of charger, not the price cap.

infact, Ather would not go around telling customers they’re increasing the range instead of refunding for the charger because “we were exploiting a loophole”. that would be a lot of bad PR. it will definitely be more PR-friendly to just tell everyone “hey we’ve started bundling chargers for new customers so as a goodwill gesture we’ll give u a refund for ur charger :]”

6 Likes

Yes exactly. And it’s government order that they have to give refund to everyone who paid for charger

5 Likes

I want clarification in the new updated Pro pack bundle does pro pack comes with Portable charger for free or not?

4 Likes

When is the communication likely to be sent through email to the respective owners?

4 Likes

It should be posted here on the forum and in coming days you will receive the details.

3 Likes

It Comes with dot charger but for portable charger there is no option instead for portable one u have to pay extra

3 Likes

DOT? 250w portable is provided free with scooter right?

2 Likes

Don’t refund to 450 plus customer just upgrade 450 plus to 450X Or atleast unlock full battery capacity.

9 Likes