Unveiling the all new Ather 450X Gen 3

• Bigger battery
  • Improved mirrors
  • Better Zapper N tyres (bigger size on rear)
  • Higher RAM
  • Side footstep

Some nice small updates. All this for a increased price of around ₹4k isn’t bad at all!

Basically Ather has taken existing user feedback and bundled many of them into a new generation scooter. I wish they had also implemented a brake lock and offered more colors. Maybe TPMS should’ve been standard too…atleast for the 450x. Nevertheless, the Gen3 offers more value compared to the outgoing 450x IMO.

11 Likes

You mean my scooter is 2 months old now I have to change the battery I have to pay battery amount Bro this is not a solution

1 Like

The ones who paid 1.7L with the old subsidy when 450x came out, must be feeling really bad right now.

5 Likes

I probably paid the highest possible (low subsidy + Kerala + 400 day wait), and i made good use of it. So not feeling any pinch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

We did not have any state subsidy over here when I purchased my 450X. But, happy for new owners, honestly, with the fact that they will get improved RAM and battery (and state subsidies, too!)

1 Like

Even if you buy now Gen 3 and if Gen 4 launches within 6 months, you would be sad because that would have even better features or better value for money.

When we buy a product which is ever-evolving, we need to move on and be happy with the satisfaction of early-adopters.

7 Likes

Many weekness in generation 2nd why the company note solve the problem of that and they are planning to launch new scooter :rofl::grin::rofl:

3 Likes

correct bro i am felling bad

2 Likes

When you by product you’re always at a risk of another better superior product coming out days after you get yours. But that doesn’t make it a problem to solve. All I’m saying is Ather doesn’t really need to give anyone any sort of upgrade scheme. For the 450 to 450X Ather did and it was just an assist to sell your existing scooter by giving you a health certificate. That’s about it. Pl

4 Likes
2 Likes

450 plus and 450x both are same Why the showing the 450 plus range 85km that we all know gen 2 provide this range

1 Like

It is not backward compatible as this new sidestep is part of the chassis component and not bolted on

And What about performance tyres can gen 2 owners get installed as well?

Zapper N tyres are actually available in the market. However I’m not sure about warranty

Sell your Gen2, buy a Gen3. as simple as that. Frankly, would you ask the same from a smart phone manufacturer? All Ather will do is get in some buyer where the owner can sell his Gen2 vehicle…like they had done with CredR previously

Not surprising at all when the whole scooter is a copy…if you know what I mean :wink:

4 Likes

That’s how market works. Galaxy S21 is very good. Go to XDA forums and you will see 100 bugs and Galaxy S22 will launch next cycle and not wait for anyone…

If we want S22, just hope to sell in OLX or some attractive upgrade offer from Samsung itself.

7 Likes

Gen 2 does provide that range at 20k more and with warp mode.
450Plus doesn’t have warp mode and is cheaper than the older gen 2. All in all it’s a decent update. Nothing huge. But just keeps Ather in good competition with the other competitors in the market now. 2-3 years down the lane I’d love to see this perfected 450X sold alongside a new platform of 2 wheelers by Ather. Or at least a nice cosmetic upgrade to the 450X

1 Like

ya that only i called and asked to customer care regarding the option they told we can change the battery we have to buy new one

1 Like

@tarun please let us know if can pay extra and get the new dashboard, battery and footrest. I know we can get the mirrors. It will be great if we can upgrade our Gen 2 to Gen 3. If not the battery, alteast the sidestep and dash.

Oh and not forget the Tyres. We were told high performance tyres will be part of accessories when i got the S1.

3 Likes

yes correct bro

2 Likes

That how the software will be tweaked. If you spend 1000s of hours developing something that already comes with basic ones. Think of it like a open os which google gives in andriod phone. The basic works good in most phone manufactures like nokia, but then with same hardware samsung gives better tweaks to it and makes it work better for that samsung charges more. This is the exact same thing.

1 Like

I don’t think so the dashboard can be updated with new current hardware. They might have tweaked or changed the connectors. They have kept it like this when they shifted from gen 1.5 to 450x

1 Like

This is disappointing. I was hoping 100 kms real world range in Ride mode. I am reconsidering my booking now.

8 Likes