Tyres & TPMS

Air in tyre indication

1 Like

Yeah I already said that TPMS don’t work on 450 plus because it doesn’t have a Bluetooth connection. For TPMS to work it needs a bluetooth connection

It connects to bluetooth via phone and shows the pressure in the tires

For your kind information TPMS means TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM that’s what you mentioned ‘Air in tyre indication’

3 Likes

Ok not in phone, on scooter dashboard. Why is the company hiding this feature

2 Likes

They haven’t hidden anything. That feature is not there on the scooter. In what other way I should explain to you.

I understand…basic features they are not providing us

2 Likes

These are not basic features. TPMS requires hardware. It is not free for 450X owners too. It is an accessory like Floor Mat etc. We will also have to purchase it if we want that feature.

3 Likes

Bro tyre air pressure is a basic feature or safety feature for scooter It’s not about the range and speed

1 Like

Comparing all the other scooters now in market, how many of them have that feature provided out of box? Why do you think it is a basic feature?

6 Likes

No other 2 wheeler in this price range has this feature. While we are eagerly waiting for the feature, it isn’t appropriate to claim that a basic feature isn’t being provided.

3 Likes

It’s a scooter part. And then what is the meaning of a smart scooter?

2 Likes

Well l, in that sense ANY feature that seems to be smart has to be available, and not just TPMS. It is too wide a blanket to vouch for smart features of a smart scooter in that sense. If so, not having remote keyless entry, dashcam sentry, autopilot, summon, auto lane, gesture boot, and all other fancy Tesla-like features will make any smart scooter in the market look non-smart.

Also, if you need TPMS, it can be purchased 3Rd party. Adding this to any scooter or bicycle by itself does not make it smart too.

4 Likes

It’s not part of the scooter. It ms a separate hardware that u have to buy

5 Likes

You don’t get the basic features because yours is the basic model.

You do one thing, sell your 450plus and buy 450x then you will get all the features you want. PEACE :v:

1 Like

Wonder what calendar time frame Ather uses?! Soon, few weeks etc etc. Remember a Mirzapur meme in this situation when there was a positive update from Ather but no action later. Or I am not on the test program? :sweat_smile::joy:

4 Likes

Let us cut some slack. Better getting a more refined product than having it right now and complaining that it is broken. I hear beta rollout is near, but let’s wait.

3 Likes

Sure thing. I am also in favour of a refined product. But a much awaited product and a test link sure irks a spark and then when there is no update, it is disappointing. I am not criticising or any negative comment but just saying something on the situation. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok :slight_smile:

Does fitting an internal TPMS makes warranty to become void? As per the TPMS manufacturer, they have fitted in 100s of Super bikes and warranty won’t be a problem.

2 Likes

Which brand TPMS are you going for? DON’T GO FOR those amazon internals one they are a failure which will cost double and are waste of time.

2 Likes

https://tymtix.com/#/store?product_id=3

Thisv brand had good reviews in team bhp, though most of them were for cars.

1 Like

I am using the same for my car. Internal sensors, it’s really good as of now. It’s been around 8 months and no issues. But I would suggest external sensors for Ather and can be DIY thing. I am planning the same but they are out of stock. Battery may last around Year for external sensors.

1 Like