TYRES for Gen 1, Gen 1.5, and Gen 2 450 / 450Plus / 450X

LIST OF COMPATIBLE TYRES FOR 450 SERIES

All the tyres below listed are TUBELESS and 90/90-12 by dimension.

TVS EUROGRIP

1. JUMBO GT

1. CONTA 550

MICHELIN

1. PILOT STREET 2 IND

1. CITY PRO IND

MAXXIS

1. M6309

MAXXIS M6309

1. M6307

MAXXIS M6307

1. M6302

MAXXIS M6302

1. M6016

MAXXIS M6016

1. M922F

MAXXIS M922F

1. M6000

MAXXIS M6000

MRF

1. ZAPPER FG (Stock Tyre)

MRF ZAPPER FG

1. METEOR M

MRF METEOR M

APOLLO

1. ACTIZIP S2

JK TYRE

1. BLAZE BA21

JK BLAZE BA21

1. BLAZE BA22

JK BLAZE BA22

CEAT

1. ZOOM D

CEAT ZOOM D

1. MILAZE

CEAT MILAZE

30 Likes

As the Gen 3 scooters comes with 100/80-12 back tyres, the previous generations can also use the same size tyres . Even though Ather is yet to release the MRF Zapper N used in gen 3 scooters as an accessory, We can still use the one’s available in market currently. Most of them are front tyres used in TVS Ntorq but does the job for us. But do keep in mind that replacement tyres are never the same quality as OEM fitments .

MRF ZAPPER FN

images (1)

Though the tread pattern looks similar to the Gen 3 stock tyre, compounding is different.

Now coming to the change in ride feel, wider tyres always feel more comfortable compared to the stock tyre. Gives us better confidence while riding, especially in corners and while hard braking.

7 Likes

I have changed the same MRF ZAPPER FN 100/80 12, Grip is much better than my previous 90/90 12 stock tyre.

But the efficiency also affected. May be more than 5 kms
2 Likes

No range drop for me. Did you get the belt tension adjusted from the EC after the tyre change? If not, please do.

3 Likes

Some dust in belt, after a wash i get a proper range, Got good grip and confidence while ride the scooter

2 Likes

Got 450x pre-owned, the rear tyre is completely bald.Planning to get Ceat ZoomD.Can tyre be changed from a nearby FNG or need to go to the Ather Service center ? I dont want any problem with warranty claims.

1 Like

You can change the tyre at any tyre shop. Just ensure that after changing the tyre, get the belt tension checked at the Ather service center. As regards the warranty, better to fit same size tyre the vehicle came with.

3 Likes

I changed from Michelin 90-90-12 to TVS Eurogrip Remora 100-80-12 Tyre (Stock Front Tyre of TVS NtorQ)

I got it for 1,450 RS from a Tyre Shop in Coimbatore.

I dont see any Range Drop.

Also I changed it in my Elder Brother 's Gen 2 Yesterday. 2 Months Back I changed it to my Younger Brother’s Gen 3. Also Suggested and Changed to Mr.Thiyagu from Coimbatore Community.

We all Happy and Satisfied :green_heart:

7 Likes

It would be nice if you give us a review about both the tyres…Is it good to use Michellin in the front or at the back ???

2 Likes

Is there Michelin tyres of up size available in Chennai, has anyone installed it on here other than 90/90 size of Michelin ?

2 Likes

There is no Michelin tyre in the market available in 100/80-12 size. The ones currently available are mostly front tyres designed for TVS Ntorq.

2 Likes

Better for front and back to use michelin if u want good range

1 Like

Thank you broo :blush:

3 Likes

The All New Michelin CITY EXTRA

City Extra is all new for the 100/80-12 and 110/80-12 Size

Earlier They had Only 90/90-12

This will really Helpful for Better Riding But 3-4 KMs Range Drop maybe There But Not Sure

Really Waiting for 100-80/12 Michelin Pilot Street 2

Picture Courtesy: @tpav.vasanth

2 Likes

EV SPECIFIC TYRE / MADE FOR EV TYRE

TVS EuroGrip ETorq and ETorq XPro

Now available in the sizes for all Gen Ather

90/90 - 12

100/80-12

110/80-12

etorq3

Attached some Random Youtube videos about that for better understanding

1 Like

2 Weeks back I changed my Rear Tyre. But Literally I wanna try Etorq Xpro :sleepy:

3 Likes

So any reviews of reise TripR tyres ? Any improvements compared to OEM MRF tyres? Do they impact range ? Since they are extra grippy compared to MRF ?

3 Likes

Since You are Using it on Apex, Barely You will see range drop. If You use in Gen 2, You will notice 4-5 KMs Drop. I say this Based on Experience :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Also planning to change my Gen2 tyres do you suggest twistR or should i go with tripR only?

2 Likes

Twist R Suggested for Gen 2 Bro. Trip R may give range drop issues (4-5% SoC) :thinking:

1 Like