TVS iQube

You’re right. It still looks unfinished. TVS/Bajaj is a big company. They have a lot of money and they can try out stuff. On the other hand ATHER should get everything right. Can’t wait for 28th to see what they have for us. I’m sure they’ll not disappoint anyone.

2 Likes

With so many teasers of being a super scooter am only worried about super high pricing … Hope they make it right.

3 Likes

Looking at the hype, doesn’t seem Ather can screw it B-)

1 Like

Why are you obsessed with belt driven, You would be surprised by hub motor acceleration, in china you have hub motors with even 8kw to 10kw of power.
watt per watt Hub motor are also more efficient then mid drive motors. If you design a scooter or a bike with a hub motor, you have more space to install the batteries.

A motor with a lower KV like a hub motor has much higher efficiency. While the higher RPM versions waste the energy as heat.

3 Likes

Hub motors are amazing with the crazy torque I agree, but for daily use where we have to go up slopes and have load I prefer belt. But if the motor is of higher power as you say 8-10kw then hub does make sense as it can handle load easily. It’s only that I don’t prefer hub for low power motors :grimacing:

1 Like

I think it’s a good vehicle. Good thing with TVS is that the scooters are very comfortable to ride. Good thing there is competition now.

And i think Ather should also mention the Torque at wheel, that’s a good strategy. And the basic features life time is a good thing to have, 3k minimum feels too costly now

1 Like

Hope Ather can do this!!

C’mon Ather, even TVS with their pathetic design was able to add a side step!

Please add a side step to 450X as otherwise it’s a challenge for short people to ride pillion since they can’t mount the pillion seat without the side step!

3 Likes

Certain features such as ride statistics, upgrade and certain other things can be made available via Bluetooth. There should not be any dependency of providing these with customer buying connectivity pack. Hope it will be taken care in the upcoming Ather 450x.

1 Like

I’ve seen how smartXonnect worked on the Jupiter grande when it came out. Assuming iQube to be no different. Trust me, you don’t want to rely on Bluetooth. It’s quite unreliable. Especially over extended time periods. Also, transfer rates are slower. And you’re not going to keep your Bluetooth on all the time, so switching on Bluetooth to sync ride stats after every ride or for upgrades seems like too much effort. Your phone is already connected to a cellphone tower and internet is almost always on, so isn’t that easier?

Edit: But I agree the connectivity pack is a bit expensive. But then, I don’t know what the data charges for machine to machine sim cards are :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Bluetooth is not reliable over extended time period, transfer rate is slow. Don’t agree with these points.

Connected solution is great as long as it one of the available option. Making it sole option for user to access ride stats, upgrade definitely says that manufacturer wants to access the user data. If users don’t opt for the data connectivity, more than the users it is the manufacturer who will be losing the data to improve their product. That is one of the reason in the first year Ather provided Ather One subscription free. Nice of them. But, I don’t think it is a sustainable solution.

1 Like

Booked 450 :heavy_check_mark:
Booked 450X :heavy_check_mark:
Booked Chetak :heavy_check_mark:
Booked iQube :heavy_check_mark:

Who’s Next ? 22Kymco, not a fan of the name :grin:

4 Likes

Well the best use of Bluetooth is that you can get a notification of whose calling and you don’t need to stop if it’s a spam call or a call that wouldn’t be urgent to attend.
We can have the ride data transfered in the next ride and if a given ride is the last one for the day we can wait a couple of minutes.

3 Likes

Now that we had a tease of Android (auto?) On 450x, we might have Bluetooth.

Fingers crossed

is the booking amount refunded if we dont want to buy one.

Yes, it is refundable.

1 Like

Is the chetak booking 100% refundable?

Revolt rv400

1 Like

I believe it is 50% they will return. Not sure about this.

Just checked on their website: On cancellation of a booking, a penalty of Rs. 1000 shall be levied. Bajaj Auto Ltd. reserves the right to revise the cancellation charges without prior notice or communication.

https://www.chetak.com/terms-and-conditions

Booking cancellations made within 89 days from the date of booking confirmation, would get auto refunded through the online system in same mode of payment used for booking.

So looks like if you cancel within 89 days, it would be refunded completely.